Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.
Any good aftershave recommendations? Is that the stuff that helps with razor burn? I don't have facial hair, but my husband does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Flipperwaldt posted:

There's like a million goons in the wet shaving megathread willing to give you a three page essay each on the virtues of safety razors and what fancy products they accessorize with.

I like the Nivea Balm stuff..
Hey thanks! Poking around the suggestions in the OP right now, and will look into the Nivea aftershave.

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

I didn't think of wooden spoons. My mom has had the same ones for at least 20 years. Thanks of the recommendations!
Chiming in just to say to not just get wooden spoons, but bamboo utensils. They're practically indestructible. I've had mine for over five years and aside from a little discoloration (from curry) they're as good as the day I got them.

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

bamhand posted:

If you haven't already, you can get the program flux that automatically adjusts your monitor to match sunlight i.e. bluer light during the day and warmer orange tones during the evening. You can adjust the time offset so it's "day" during the night. Won't replace your need for a light at your desk but it might help a little.
My husband uses this and he's said it's greatly reduced his eye strain since he wakes up early in the morning. I don't know if it would help you in your situation, but I would recommend it.

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

I'm looking for a large drinking container, preferably one with a handle, dishwasher safe, and an easily securable cap. I emphasize "large" because my husband goes through insane amounts of water a day. The one he's currently using is about 2 liters, but the opening is tiny and mildew tends to grow inside easily. Please to help?

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Etrips posted:

Are there any other requirements? I work 12 hour shifts and I use a 2L Hydroflask which keeps my water very cold throughout my shift and I absolutely love it since I am very picky about the water I drink. The only requirement it doesn't have is a handle. Have to use two hands to drink it which gets me some weird looks sometimes.

DirtyFalcon posted:

I've had one of these for 4-5 years now.
http://www.kleankanteen.com/collections/bottles/products/wide-mouth-64oz?variant=860252555

Just around 2 liters, no handle but food-grade stainless steel and they make several different types of caps for it.
Thanks these look great; I'll run them by him. I've heard good things about the HydroFlask, and I think my sister has one of the Kanteens.

Drogadon posted:

Doesn't have a handle but I use one of these and it's great, really easy to wash because it unscrews at the middle.

http://www.coolgearinc.com/entertaining/large-swing-top-bottle.html
It is a little on the small side, but I laughed at one of the suggested items on the bottom.
http://www.coolgearinc.com/entertaining/large-iced-tea-jug-push-button-spout.html
It's about the perfect size for what he'd need for work. I was just imagining him pouring water straight from the spout to his mouth. He'd do it, too.

Cheers! :D

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

DirtyFalcon posted:

I've had one of these for 4-5 years now.
http://www.kleankanteen.com/collections/bottles/products/wide-mouth-64oz?variant=860252555

Just around 2 liters, no handle but food-grade stainless steel and they make several different types of caps for it.
Just popping in to thank you for this, he bought two and loves them. He won't stop raving about how cold his water is hours after he initially fills it up, which is great because summer is hell here. Recommend.

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Lunchboxx posted:

I need a small indoor grilling/cooking device. Should I just go with a George Foreman grill or is there a specific something or other that I need to get? A smaller grill is preferable and price doesn't matter.
I own a Foreman grill and while it's lasted a good long while with moderate upkeep, listen to TWISTED. Cast iron is a beast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

For anyone looking to buy Christmas gifts for loved ones, but with really no idea what, there's also the Gift Idea Thread in A/T.