Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Horrible Smutbeast
Sep 2, 2011

SaltLick posted:

My go to computer desk is just an IKEA Galant desk top and it works great.

I would be really careful about getting an Ikea Galant/Bekant. They don't make straight up Galant anymore and have switched them all over the Bekants where the legs are interchangeable between the two tops. The plastic caps used to attach the legs to the desk have done nothing but been a huge loving pain for me. When I talked to my local ikea I bought it from because I couldn't get the caps popped out they insisted that it was not meant to be taken apart once it's put together, so keep that in mind. I might have to destroy the entire top if I can't get it apart when I move just to get the drat thing out of the apartment, and I have to throw out the legs anyway since they wiggle despite being properly tightened (the sales rep confirmed it was a problem with the legs and not with my assembly). To be fair it's been a sturdy desk despite that and as long as I keep it as low as the legs allow me to it doesn't wiggle around too badly.

I've had nothing but good experiences with 2 different Micke desks with just the basic two drawers in the desk top and nothing else. Just make sure it's on even flooring since you can't adjust the feet like the Galant/Bekant desks. It's also almost $100 cheaper if that's an issue for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horrible Smutbeast
Sep 2, 2011
Anyone know of any good lip balms? I have a lovely little Eos ball but it's so weak in power that unless I'm constantly slathering it all over my lips they still dry out. Then I bite the poo poo out of them and end up tearing my lips open. I used to have this gross blue chapstick that'd melt everything off and keep my lips super smooth if I applied it once or twice a day but that got lost somewhere.