Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

Shower clock? Just something that shows the time, is waterproof, and can be stuck on a shower wall. Preferably not too expensive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

Can anyone recommend a sub-$100 desk chair? Ideally it'd be nice if it was at least a bit ergonomic, but I can deal with it if it isn't. Just need something to use for the next nine months.

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

Any recommendations for a humidifier for a reasonably sized bedroom?

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

Is there any go-to slow cooker/crock pot? Just for a single person, nothing too large.

...Is there even a difference between slow cookers/crock pots? :confused:

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

SEKCobra posted:

Is there a Motorbike thread? I couldn't find one and I'm in the market for some protective equipment with human proportions that don't assume I am a walking V.

There's an entire motorcycle subforum under Automotive Insanty,

https://forums.somethingawful.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=236

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

This has been asked a billion times but what's the current recommendation for a front pocket ~minimalist wallet~? I had the unfortunate experience of having my bifold wallet get nicked out of my back pocket the night before I had to catch a flight for work, so I'm finally hard off back pocket carry for good.

Maybe something like 5 or 6 cards is what I usually carry? Two credit cards, a debit card, ID, AAA card, and some insurance cards that are really thin and barely add up to a single card combined. Sometimes have cash kicking around.

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

Are the Li-ion rechargeable AAs worth it/safe? I have a few different, old devices that use a fuckton of AAs to generate 9v/12v DC and if I could use rechargeables for those that would save me so many headaches. Li-ion specifically as those give a true 1.5V as opposed to the 1.2V NiMH ones like Eneloops do.

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

Does it really make a difference where you get prescription eyeglasses from?

The last time I got a new pair, I bought them from a Lens Crafters and they had some whole camera system they has you look at to determine whatever, they put a fake pair on you and had you sit it where you naturally have your glasses and marked off where your pupils were, etc etc. Does any of that actually make a difference vs like, just buying them online with the information from your prescription?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

Is there still a goon on SA who will help out with resumes? Or did that whole controversy with the original guy selling the account kill that service?