Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Lawen posted:

I'm looking for some really, really good hard candy. Something a few steps up from Werther's Originals or Brach's Strawberry Bonbons (though those are both very good). Willing to try pretty much any flavor or flavor profile but I generally don't like licorice/anise.

Some cursory research led to a couple fruit flavored candies from Italy and Belgium that sounded good. Also some Asian/Japanese stuff with either barley sugar or ginger that sounded interesting though some of the more esoteric Asian candies I've tried in the past haven't really been my thing.

Suggestions?

There are these guava Chinese hard candies that are addicting. I can't remember what they are called, but they come in a green foil bad and are available on Amazon. Highly recommend.

E. Found a link https://www.amazon.com/Classic-Guava-Hard-Candy-12-3/dp/B000J0N1CK there are a ton of other listings for the same product, so just find the amount you want without regards to the actual seller.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Looking for suggestions for Booklights (for reading in bed next to my sleeping partner).

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Can you confirm your santorum washed right out?

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Phthisis posted:

Sounds like someone needs to check out the lifehack thread.

(there is a lifehack that you can attach a rubber band or string loop to the zipper and put it around the button before buttoning the pants to hold it up)

It's a keychain split ring through the hole in the zipper tab looped over the button. Never tried it, but it looks like it could work.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Rolo posted:

Speaking of speakers, I won an Apple Watch at a company thing last night and decided it would be perfect for when I run, but I don’t have wireless headphones. I’m nervous spending 160 dollars on something like AirPods. Anything good and cheap(er) so I don’t cry if I lose one?

Buy the Anker brand earbuds with the battery life you want (the longer, the more expensive). I personally really like the Anker sound bud tags, but they only last about 7 hrs before recharge (which only takes ~30 min)

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Decius posted:

some Dick knives

I've heard of edgeplay, but this is a whole 'nother level

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

bongwizzard posted:

my box is always too full

This is the name of my all-women rockabilly group

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

That's actually the name of our live album

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

You want it to suck or blow?

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Can't put a price on the 10 seconds of confusion experienced by a small child, though.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Looking for a good pair of wired earbuds in the $30-50 range. Volume/play/ff controls on the cord would be nice too, but not a dealbreaker either way

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I mean, he was the guy asking for earphone recommendations, so the fact that he doesn't have an iPhone might be relevant... but yea, let's go with the being a oval office routine :jerkbag:

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

8bitdo's work over Bluetooth, I believe. Never used one myself, but I've heard they're well-built (but expensive).

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

colas posted:

Not hand, dish. Meyer's does smell good though.

(Blue) Dawn. The original and the best.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

DrBouvenstein posted:

Weird request, but any good choices for dishwasher detergent that's VERY low odor/scent?

The past couple I've used (Cascade packs and Kirkland liquid) my GF complained that they made her food taste like the soap, esp. when she heated them up in the microwave and ESPECIALLY the plastic ones, but even if it was in a glass container.

I like seventh generation, but it is really rough on glasses, etc (it's caused the ink on several of my coffee mugs/pint glasses to rub off), so take that for what you will.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Also, invest the money in a thermapen. It's expensive, but you will easily get your money's worth over it's lifetime.

E. VVVV Hmm, I'll have to check that out as a backup. Thanks!

Brother Tadger has a new favorite as of 15:08 on Jul 26, 2018

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Travelpro has done me right the last 5yrs without any rips, etc. Expect it to keep going for quite a while longer too

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Probably have better luck in the stickied megathread on inspect your gadgets, fyi

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

We have plaster walls in our new, very tiny (500 sq. ft.) apartment. We have picture rail molding, however, and I'm trying to find a shelving system or at least a clothes rack/bar that could hang from the picture rail. Any ideas?

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

ZeusCannon posted:

I'll take a look though I'll admit to wanting to find something with a design on it

My favorite hoodie is the Patagonia polycycle hoody. It's a little expensive and not incredibly warm, but I love the way it feels and the cut. Patagonia's websitr has semi-annual sales that typically cut the price >50%, if you can wait.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Are you asking if apple makes anything cool that costs $25?

E. One cool thing I got from an Apple store one time was a mouse whose USB cord retracted into itself. Pretty dope.

Brother Tadger has a new favorite as of 03:32 on Nov 27, 2018

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

dantheman650 posted:

I want a new couch. It should be a three seater with the third seat being long/something you can lay down on. Like a big L shape. Style doesn’t matter - I want ultimate comfort. Not sure what couches cost - no real budget. Doesn’t need recliners and fabric is better than leather. Where can I even shop?

Depends on where you are physically located, intended purpose of couch, and how much you want to spend.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I have the roomba 800 and it does pretty good w/ pet hair. I have no comparison point.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Can anyone recommend a good trifold wallet? I can’t stand them myself, but it’s my father-in-law’s birthday and it’s all he wants. Willing to spend up to $200 bucks, but I’m having a difficult time finding a not-lovely-quality trifold.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Leavemywife posted:

Where is a good place to get a cheapo refurbished desktop that I'll only use for emulators and school work?

Ask in the hardware/devices forums; they usually have a stickied-topic on the front page that is a “ask one-off questions here about what hardware you should buy” and they are usually on the bleeding-edge on any deals, etc.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Why not just go to a jeweler and get a simple silver/gold chain necklace? They come in numerous styles (you can even pretend you’re Mr T for a moment)

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

The only problem with the ds4 is that its battery life sucks.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

m.hache posted:

Bloodborne.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I would look for a quality manufacturer so it doesn’t burn your house down.

E. I have had good experiences with Anker, personally. If you can wait a week or so, they seem to go on sale on amazon like every week.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Put onions on the bottom of the roast?

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I highly recommend a kindle if you travel with any sort of frequency and like to read. I use it all the time on my commute. Gutenberg.org is a great resource for free books (if you like to read classics).

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Salux Nylon Japanese Beauty Skin Bath Wash Cloths are my favorite, but they are made of plastic so idk if that’s a problem given you dumping loofas

E. Actually, the “kessa hammam” glove thing my wife uses is made of natural fibers and is pretty nice, I think.

Brother Tadger has a new favorite as of 19:53 on Jun 20, 2019

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

plz dont pull out posted:

Yeah basically I have to throw them away every month so I'd like something machine washable that can be reused for a long period of time.

Are these?

Yep, they are washable and last ~1 year with daily usage.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Also, someone has recommended the LavaTools instant read thermometer, which is like $25 bucks on amazon, as a close competitor. I’ve not personally tried it and personally have no need to since my thermapen from three years ago still works like brand new, but it’s something to consider.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

.Z. posted:

Anyone have suggestions for a cushion/chair/lounger/something for reading/media consumption on your stomach?

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

To microwave guy, ask here:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3749739&perpage=40&pagenumber=111

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

No advice on the knife, but having an an extendable fishing pole is awesome. You can throw it in the trunk of your car and always have it on you. Good ones can be had for 20-30 bucks. Just an idea if the scaling knife idea fizzles.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Digital Jedi posted:

Trying to Panama in March and I'm going to need 2 suitcases. Can someone recommend good luggage brand?

Also, if anyone has any recommend backpacks I'll appreciate it

I really like Osprey’s porter/farpoint series for backpacks. Get the porter 48 (I think, it may be 42) and it fits perfectly in the overhead going straight in. The farpoint 80 is pretty great if you want to put a suitcase worth of clothes on your back.

Also, I highly recommen Travelpro for suitcases. If you are getting wheelies, make sure to get the one a with 4 rotating wheels and not just the two static wheels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Yea, crampons and PAC boots are pretty clutch for ice/slush