Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aristophanes
Aug 11, 2012

Quickly, bring me a beaker of wine, so that I may wet my mind and say something clever!

C-Euro posted:

Speaking of smells, how about a good mouthwash that doesn't make my mouth feel like poo poo in the morning?

What I have at home is Colgate Plax Fresh Tea mouthwash.

It's slightly minty but with a sweet green tea (? tastes kinda like iced tea) flavour that's really quite pleasant, as well as keeping everything feeling fresh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aristophanes
Aug 11, 2012

Quickly, bring me a beaker of wine, so that I may wet my mind and say something clever!

Barracuda Bang! posted:

Additionally, can anyone recommend a toothpaste?

I use Sensodyne Pronamel Gentle Whitening, but I feel like it's just numbing my teeth to eliminate the sensitivity, which I doubt is healthy.

I have no idea if this is even a thing, but I'd really be into something that can keep my teeth strong and rebuild poo poo, if possible. My family just has genetically lovely teeth and I feel like I'm always getting a cavity.

I use this, http://shop.countdown.co.nz/Shop/ProductDetails?Stockcode=780254&name=colgate-maximum-protection-toothpaste-plus-sugar-acid-neutralizer

It's got fluoride and calcium in it, which (I guess) is in most standard toothpastes which help rebuild enamel and stuff, and also has sugar acid neutraliser in it to neutralise the acids of sugar (I am not a dentist)

I haven't had a filling since I had baby teeth, though lately I've been getting some sensitivity in a few areas and believe it or not this toothpaste seemed to work just as well as anything specifically designed for sensitive teeth.

Aristophanes
Aug 11, 2012

Chas McGill posted:

Uh, what's a cool gift for my 10yr old nephew that isn't a computer game*? His principle interests are typing 'LOL' and 'BRO' at his friends on instagram, playing FIFA, playing on his Ipod, playing on his Nintendo Game Boy or whatever. I don't understand half of what he's saying these days. I'd buy him an educational toy or a hand crafted wooden artisanal set of building blocks or something, but I know better. Last year I got him a remote control helicopter. If he was a bit older I'd get him a swiss army knife or some other dangerous thing.

*He already owns or is about to get every age appropriate PS4 game in existence.

Hmm. Maybe get him a nice headset if he doesn't have one already

A skateboard or a scooter, or, if he has one already, a GoPro (or a cheaper alternative outdoorsy camera) so he and his friends can make epic fail videos for our internet enjoyment

Memorabilia from his favourite FIFA team

Possibly try Rocksmith 2014 + a cheap electric guitar, so he can game and learn a marketable skill

Aristophanes
Aug 11, 2012

dead lettuce posted:

What are the best computer speakers for $30 or less?

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Multimedia-Speaker-System-980-000048/dp/B0015BYQJE

Logitech LS11 are the ones I use. They're not mind-blowingly amazing but they have a pretty great sound for the price I reckon. Though there are plenty of other speakers I can see popping up as recommendations on that Amazon page for a similar price, and I'm sure any of those would be just as good.