Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joburg
May 19, 2013

Fun Shoe

Bunk Rogers posted:

The Big Dog is the best fountain I've had. The filter is easy and the capacity is awesome.

I had the Big Dog and it was a real pain to put the pump back on after I cleaned it. After about a year the plastic at the pump connection broke and it leaked everywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joburg
May 19, 2013

Fun Shoe
For sinus congestion and headaches, try going to an allergist. Mine put me on singulair and allergy shots and now I get significantly fewer sinus headaches. Changed my life.

Joburg
May 19, 2013

Fun Shoe
Anti Icky Poo works better than Nature's Miracle, may have to order it off Amazon though.

Joburg
May 19, 2013

Fun Shoe

m.hache posted:

I'm still waiting for an affordable GPS tracker device that doubles as a Bluetooth mp3 player. I hate running with my phone.

Anything like that exist yet?

Yeah my TomTom Spark 3+music does that. I got mine used on Amazon for $70.

Joburg
May 19, 2013

Fun Shoe
Don’t be like me and use that on a cat scratch/puncture. It was so deep that apparently I didn’t get it all cleaned out before covering it and my arm got all infected. I had to get an antibiotic prescription filled on a holiday... I should have just let it ooze.

Joburg
May 19, 2013

Fun Shoe

I. M. Gei posted:

We have some feral outdoor cats that hang around our house that take shelter in our garage whenever the weather gets bad.

I’d be more inclined to use those heated pet mats for the cats instead (or in addition to the vornado heater). Then the cats can lay directly on the heat source and keep their little toe beans warm.

Joburg
May 19, 2013

Fun Shoe

I. M. Gei posted:

Do you have a particular heated mat you recommend? I got one at Petco awhile ago but it didn’t put out hardly any heat at all.

Apparently I forgot to recheck this thread after I posted. I don’t have any actual experience with those pet mats. I have a heating pad that I use for my pets since they all sleep on the couch :rolleyes:

What did you end up doing for your feral kitties?

My chickens got super cold and my roosters got some frostbite damage to their combs, despite the little panel heater I got them. I added an oil filled radiant heaters and it warmed the coop up A LOT.

Joburg
May 19, 2013

Fun Shoe

Cornuto posted:

I've adopted some real old-man energry and have been feeding the ducks at the park down the street from our house. Getting sick of using ziplock bags. I want to find some kind of narrow and deep messenger/hip bag that I can basically fill up with a bunch of cracked corn and toss out handfuls.

Something like this but not mesh: https://crabhawk.com/product/clamming/clam-bag/

Bonus points if its leather and looks decent.

Please don’t feed them straight corn, that’s like Twinkies for ducks. They will end up dying from fatty liver or egg laying problems because of excess abdominal fat. For a bit more money you can get a nutritionally balanced food. It’s almost breeding season and ducklings must have niacin in their food or they may have permanent leg problems and a duck specific or All Flock food should take care of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joburg
May 19, 2013

Fun Shoe

Cornuto posted:

Any you recommend? I'd tried floating duck pellets in the past (these specifically = https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07Y8V6WKP/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1) and they just ignored them. I read that cracked corn is cheap and they love it so bought that and they went nuts.

They're also wild ducks, so its not like they're subsisting mainly on this, its just something to throw to them when I walk down there.

That food looks fine, they probably didn’t eat it because they are used to Twinkies. If you aren’t the only one feeding them then you’d be surprised how much of their diet is corn compared to what they should be eating.

When I had ducks I used Purina brand Flock Raiser https://a.co/d/6A7oJ7y

It doesn’t float though. You’d have to pour some on the bank and wait while they discovered it.

My ducks loved greens so you could try a some shredded kale, not spinach because of the excess oxalic acid. And in the case of Muscovy ducks they love meal worms and soldier fly larvae. I can’t remember if Mallard-type ducks ate those or not.