Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jadeddrifter
Feb 18, 2014

I love smartwool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jadeddrifter
Feb 18, 2014

I have a otterbox commuter wallet. It is for the S5. But it is great. I think they make it for the iphone too.

jadeddrifter
Feb 18, 2014

Julet Esqu posted:

My blender broke! It was a lovely Food Network blender that somebody gave me as a gift. Now I would like to take this opportunity to get something less lovely.

I have a ninja. It is great

jadeddrifter
Feb 18, 2014

ThatSlacker posted:

I think I'm one of five people in the world that doesn't use a cell phone as an alarm clock. I've been looking for a very specific alarm clock for a while now and if anyone can help it's probably this group. I want an alarm clock that has these features:
  • Runs off of batteries. More than once I would have missed work when the power went out had I not had a battery powered alarm clock.
  • Can set an alarm per day. I wake up at different times on different days and it would be nice to set an alarm that has seven separate alarms - not just weekdays and weekends.
  • Doesn't beep with each button press. Seriously there are a number of alarm clocks that do this and I have no idea why. Why would someone want something that beeps every single time you hit a button?
  • Simple and reliable. This is one part of why I don't use a cell phone. I don't want something that is going to lock up in the middle of the night and not wake me up.
  • A backlight. I often wake up in the middle of the night and want to see what time it is. Without an easy to use backlight I have to turn on a light.
  • A snooze button I like having the option of sleeping for another 5-10 minutes
Features I don't want:
  • A radio
  • A wake-up light. My wife often gets up at a different time than I do which means I can't have something that's lighting up the room
  • Continuous backlight. I don't need the thing glowing in my face all night
For reference this is what I'm currently using:

http://www.amazon.com/Salton-47539-Westclox-Celebrity-Glo-Clox/dp/B00013K772

It's almost perfect. However it has two main faults:
  • At times when I try to set the alarm while also using the backlight it freaks out and won't show me the alarm time. This is the main reason I'm looking for a new one.
  • It only does one alarm per day which means I have to set the alarm time pretty much every night

If you are willing to use your cell phone as a alarm I would suggest "caynax alarm"
The phone has a battery.
You can specify a variety of different alarms. I work a 10 day week 2 days 2 swings 2 Mids and 4 days off
I have been using it for 3 years with out a problem.
Customize your snooze time and number of times you can snooze.
When it goes off it has a mostly black background so it is not too bright
Can fade in the sound so it starts quiet and gets louder.
No beeps when you hit snooze or dismiss.

jadeddrifter
Feb 18, 2014

Lava Lamp Goddess posted:

What is the best chew deterrent spray for pets? I've been using Bitter Apple but my rear end in a top hat cat seems to have gotten used to it, seeing as how he chewed through my Ethernet cable this morning.

Try vinegar. I don't have cats but it works great for my dogs. And it's cheap.

jadeddrifter
Feb 18, 2014

ThatSlacker posted:

Honestly I'm trying to simplify things. If I forget my phone anywhere or lose it I've out my alarm clock along with my phone. I also have to remember to pull my phone up to the bedroom every night and I'm notoriously unreliable in those sorts of things.

I realize that I'm the really, really small minority in this though.

Get a second phone. A used one. You can find them for cheap. It can be old because it is only going to run your alarm app. No monthly cost and it stays put plugged in on your night stand

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jadeddrifter
Feb 18, 2014

Van Dis posted:

I just had a Swiss Gear backpack but that's the one with the lovely zippers so I'm not gonna buy from them again. I went with the North Face Recon after the rec here and reddit's Buy It For Life forum.

I have an Osprey Quasar. I use that for everything.