Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.
My last pair of boots only lasted me a year. I'm looking for boots that will last me years. Suggestions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.
I intend to just wear them everywhere. Hiking, work, grocery shopping. I'm just a convenience store monkey so work isn't particularly rough on my footwear other than I'm in them, and I don't do a *lot* of hiking but I do on occasion. I suppose under $200 is what I'm thinking.

I bought my last pair on Amazon and they seemed really sturdy for about nine months, and then started to rapidly fall apart. I don't know what brands or what when it comes to quality...

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

Harriet Carker posted:

Looking for a dependable external hard drive. Anything 1TB or bigger is fine. Last time I was in the market Seagate was highly regarded - still true?

Anecdotal I guess, but based on a recommendation from these forums almost 5 years ago I got a 4 TB external Seagate hard drive. It's been plugged in and running alongside my desktop most of that time, but frequently switched around, moved around, uhhh dropped a couple times, and it still is super dependable.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
I bought a temporary cane a few years ago from Goodwill because I didn't think I'd need one for very long or ever again but here we are and it's now a normal part of my day. But my cane is clinical, it's so boring. I want a cool cane, something that looks rad and maybe has cool poo poo in it. But looking online... it seems like canes come in two flavors: gimicky poo poo, which is cool but often comes at the cost of actual walking cane utility (I do actually need it for walking around comfortably) and extremely well made and extremely expensive very pretty carved stuff. Is there a place that uhhh reviews canes? Or is there a cane thread? Or does anyone have any advice about canes?

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

Lord Zedd-Repulsa posted:

Your local Walgreens will have a few options, Amazon will have more, but https://www.fashionablecanes.com is where I got mine when I had more cash to throw around.

Nice! Thanks!

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

I appreciate that at least one person bought this "for protection."

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A lot of vegans are cool with eating mussels and oysters, too. They're basically flesh-based plants.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
Does anyone know where I can get a decent DDR dance pad nowadays? I'm looking for something higher quality than the garbage 30 dollar ones you can find on Amazon, but I don't want to spend 600 dollars on a metal contraption. Everything mid-tier seems to have just vanished! Every time I try to order a good pad for like, 60-100 dollars, I get right up to checkout before it's revealed that there's no pads in stock. I can't find them anywhere.

e: specifically looking for one that has a USB connection.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

.Z. posted:

Hate to say it, but pretty sure the only options that aren't an Arcade or Stepmania X pad are something from L-Tek:

https://www.maty-taneczne.pl/product-category/dance-mats-ddr-piu/

Or to mod the softpads with some hard backing. e.g. Nail the softpad to a piece of plywood and add some rubber foam backing to the plywood or place on top of some workout mats.

Three years ago these were so easy to come by. Now it looks like this is what I gotta do. I mean, a metal dance pad is nice but... my 60 dollar guy was perfect and lasted me almost six years of almost daily use!

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
Hey, gang! I need a good thermos I can take with me to the library and stuff so I can drink my coffee while reading my Manga Guide to Databases. Have you thermos recommendations?

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
Goons, tell me what the best boner pills are that I can buy from like amazon.

This is a serious request.

I don't know how to not make this sound like satire.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
I bought some boner pills from the convenience store down the block and they did amazing things for me. But I don't want to keep buying boner pills from them because... I don't want them to know I'm buying boner pills. And I can't remember what I bought. It had a rhinoceros on the front though.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
Well my gas station boner pills do amazing things.

Like, I can have an erection that lasts three hours. I can have sex and keep going. Endlessly. Sex-until-exhaustion was a normal thing when I was like 19-24, but now it's back. It's amazing. Boner pills are the greatest thing to happen to me since boners.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
Two or three years ago I had an "incident" and talked to my doctor about it. It took a lot of discussion but she finally relented and gave me a single pill as a sampler. I don't need one boner.