Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

kgibson posted:

Anyone have recommendations for a quality travel toothbrush?

https://www.rei.com/product/737990/aurelle-toob-brush These are pretty cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

Rolo posted:

My wallet is ten years old and just a basic bifold leather wallet from the mall. I’ve started carrying a lot more plastic and could use something slim, light, and easy to sit on without ruining it.

E: is SlimFold a good brand?

I like the slimmy myself. Mine's held up for almost decade now too.

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

I've been using the Spyderco sharpener (i think it's a bit cheaper elsewhere) for like 10 years now. It works great, can sharpen anything, and has guides so i don't gently caress the angles up.

Takes about 30 minutes to do all my knives every few months.

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

Happiness Commando posted:

Are you sure you're using it correctly? The sharpmaker doesn't have guides, the round brass pieces are to keep your hands safe if the blade slips. The stones slide into the base at an angle and you're supposed to slice the knife down perfectly vertically. The edge angle comes from the angled stones.

The fact that you're supposed to freehand it is why I switched a a fauxpro. And then I donated that to a thrift store and now I just take my knives to a sharpening place once a quarter because they consistently get my knives sharper than I can do on my own.

Haha yeah I'm not using the hand protectors as guides. I guess I should have said semi-guided.

The base-piece locks in the stones at the correct angle and you just need to keep the knife perpendicular to the stone. So the only thing you need to do is keep the knife straight and the kit handles the rest.

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

obi_ant posted:

Having a cleaner rear end seems like a good New Year's resolution. Has anyone used the Tushy bidet?

I went with Luxe Bidet Neo 320, which works great. They also had really really good customer support too.

From what I can see, the Tushy is almost exactly the same design but with nicer knobs.

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

Subjunctive posted:

Are scuba setups food-grade? I get my refills for my 10lb tank at a semi-nearby homebrew place. It’s a knock-off (which says you can use it on non-water) but I forget the brand and I’m already in bed.

Yeah that's my concern every time I've looked into this. If you don't get foodgrade C02 you risk getting benzene in your water.

If there's a place that supplies hobbyist beer brewers near you though, you might be able to get foodgrade C02 there.

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

null_pointer posted:

Anyone with pets discovered anything for odor control that doesn't involve making the house smell like a boudoir?

Smells often hang around in fabrics most strongly, so take a look at what the dogs are lying on in that room. You can replace any of the fabrics or dog beds with things that are more easily washed or which resist smell impregnation.

Also, if your dogs shed a ton you can consider getting them groomed semi-regularly. You can also clean them regularly yourself too.

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

For super wide feet you can also lean into some of the flexible/soft shoes out there. As a wide-footed guy who didn’t want to look like a goober in toe shoes I’ve found a some of the shoes that the guy in the video below talks about to be nice looking and comfortable.

https://youtu.be/Ap990027tOY?si=1lMITt8Qvi99A-u1

El Mero Mero has a new favorite as of 05:07 on Sep 28, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

I really like wide-bottomed bamboo bowls for game pieces. They’re light and suit most of my game pieces well, though if you had to have more than 3-4 of them they might not be as good.