Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

What are some good binoculars?

I'm willing to spend a few hundred bucks, I want something powerful with good image quality. These will be in a 4x4, so durability is also nice, though of the three (zoom, IQ, durability), I'd assign it the lowest priority.

Thanks y'all!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Hi everybody! I'd like to see if anyone has recommendations on backpacks for something I haven't been able to find yet.

The situation: I travel for work, every week. I carry a backpack (day pack) with me every day - it travels with me, it goes into work each day while the luggage stays at home, I literally carry this at least 5 days a week.

Currently, I have a North Face Surge. I love it, but it's starting to wear out, and I need to find a replacement. They still (sort of) make it, but they've changed it to the Surge II, and ... well, it's not nearly as good. They redesigned some of the pockets (lost a little organizational capability, gained some, probably kind of a wash teetering into a negative), and they seem to have ramped down the quality of components substantially. The zippers are WEAK.

I went by REI, looked at some of the other bags they have from North Face (found nothing better), Osprey (I sort of liked but didn't love the Comet 30), and Thule/Mountain Hardwear. I'm looking online, too, and this looks interesting: http://ivarpack.com/revel, but I don't know the brand and I don't know that it's durable enough.

Basically, I'd like to find a bag that's around this size (let's say about 30L), well made, allows for organization, and can stand up to day in day out use for years.

Ideas?

Krakkles has a new favorite as of 23:56 on Apr 1, 2015

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

What's a good non-stick wok and skillet/pan? Or trustable brand?

I'm leaning toward getting a cast iron skillet. This is for home use, so I don't need either to be huge, but I'd like them to be high-quality and last awhile. We're currently about done wearing out a $40 T-Fal 12" non-stick from Target.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Anyone got sheet / pillowcase recommendations? I've heard Brooklinen is good, but a) I don't know that it's not just advertising, and b) $423 is a fair chunk of goddamn money so they better be very good.

Linen would be amazing, open to ideas. I'm looking specifically for pillowcases (getting his & hers purple pillows delivered and would like to put good cases on them) right now, but could definitely use refreshing of all of it.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

couldcareless posted:

We purchased our linen sheets from pottery barn (had some coupons) and while linen sheets are not cheap, they are life changing.
I assume that brooklinen quote includes a duvet cover?
It does. Includes:
  • flat sheet
  • fitted sheet
  • 2 pillowcases (+ 2 extra, so total 4)
  • 1 duvet cover