Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sportman
May 12, 2003

PILLS...
PILLS...
PILLS...
PILLS...
PILLS!!!
Fun Shoe

SLOSifl posted:

I have this one:

Black & Decker Pivot Vac 18V Cordless Pivoting Hand Vac

Folds up relatively small, easy to clean, very powerful.

I have this one too and it's great. Works well on dog hair, so I assume it will work well for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sportman
May 12, 2003

PILLS...
PILLS...
PILLS...
PILLS...
PILLS!!!
Fun Shoe

Was going to post this, so I'll just agree with it. I just picked up my first jar of this stuff and it had done wonders for me.

Sportman
May 12, 2003

PILLS...
PILLS...
PILLS...
PILLS...
PILLS!!!
Fun Shoe

Wamdoodle posted:

On that note, can anyone recommend one of those rainfall showerheads?

I bought this one a few months ago and love it: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003064FXY/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The head doesn't come with an arm, so depending on what you are replacing, you probably need one of these too: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0064TYE9Y/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Still, overall ~$50 and it's pretty great. We have really good water pressure though, I imagine it wouldn't be all that great if you don't (I think that's probably true for any rainfall head)

Sportman
May 12, 2003

PILLS...
PILLS...
PILLS...
PILLS...
PILLS!!!
Fun Shoe

Jmcrofts posted:

No outdoors stuff, I travel a lot and have taken to throwing all my poo poo in a backpack rather than carrying around a big suitcase. Clothes and random junk, no laptop though. I've been using the same $30 backpack for like 5 years and it's starting to fall apart.

E: this guy caught my eye but I'm open to suggestions.

Bhodi posted:

Hit the ? and check out my posts about the Osprey Porter line.

I have an Osprey Momentum. While its not exactly what you are looking for, I can tell you without a doubt that Osprey makes some awesome loving packs. Look around their website, and then check out Amazon etc (I think I saved around 25% off list)

Sportman
May 12, 2003

PILLS...
PILLS...
PILLS...
PILLS...
PILLS!!!
Fun Shoe

colas posted:

I got that pivot vac, it's perfect.

Seconded, perfect cheap little dust buster for when you don't feel like grabbing your real vacuum.

Sportman
May 12, 2003

PILLS...
PILLS...
PILLS...
PILLS...
PILLS!!!
Fun Shoe

Krakkles posted:

Hi everybody! I'd like to see if anyone has recommendations on backpacks for something I haven't been able to find yet.

The situation: I travel for work, every week. I carry a backpack (day pack) with me every day - it travels with me, it goes into work each day while the luggage stays at home, I literally carry this at least 5 days a week.

Currently, I have a North Face Surge. I love it, but it's starting to wear out, and I need to find a replacement. They still (sort of) make it, but they've changed it to the Surge II, and ... well, it's not nearly as good. They redesigned some of the pockets (lost a little organizational capability, gained some, probably kind of a wash teetering into a negative), and they seem to have ramped down the quality of components substantially. The zippers are WEAK.

I went by REI, looked at some of the other bags they have from North Face (found nothing better), Osprey (I sort of liked but didn't love the Comet 30), and Thule/Mountain Hardwear. I'm looking online, too, and this looks interesting: http://ivarpack.com/revel, but I don't know the brand and I don't know that it's durable enough.

Basically, I'd like to find a bag that's around this size (let's say about 30L), well made, allows for organization, and can stand up to day in day out use for years.

Ideas?

I've had an Osprey Momentum 34L (which it looks like they don't make anymore) for the past 3 years and its pretty awesome. It's held up great and is very comfortable even when fully loaded. It's well organized and expandible. I'd definitely recommend the brand as a whole.

Sportman
May 12, 2003

PILLS...
PILLS...
PILLS...
PILLS...
PILLS!!!
Fun Shoe

Biscuit Joiner posted:

I've been buying ExOfficio boxer briefs and they are awesome. They are pretty expensive but worth it.
Here they are on Amazon U.S.

ExOfficio retailer map, I see they do have retailers in Canada.

These are great. I bought 3 more pairs last week (they go on sale frequently) and finally threw out all my non ExOfficio boxers. Buy these, you balls will thank you.

EDIT: This thread will let you know when they go on sale: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3670836

Sportman
May 12, 2003

PILLS...
PILLS...
PILLS...
PILLS...
PILLS!!!
Fun Shoe

Coca Koala posted:

This went without anybody commenting on it but hold on, flannel lined jeans? Tell me more.

This winter I discovered the amazing world of flannel lined jeans.

I bought a pair of http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000KGKBIU/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and like them a ton

Sportman
May 12, 2003

PILLS...
PILLS...
PILLS...
PILLS...
PILLS!!!
Fun Shoe

CraigSlice posted:

Anyone have any experience with the knock off sonicare toothbrush heads? Like http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00NN...%2BL&ref=plSrch

Need some more and wouldn't mind spending way less if they're just as good as the official ones

I buy these. They are just as good when new, but wear out quicker. You'll still come out way ahead.

Sportman
May 12, 2003

PILLS...
PILLS...
PILLS...
PILLS...
PILLS!!!
Fun Shoe

DrBouvenstein posted:

I'm looking for a decent security camera. There's been a rash of break-ins in my neighborhood recently, and I figure that's a good enough reason to get one.

I saw that the Nest security cam is on sale for $150 on Amazon right now, but I'd prefer one a little cheaper than that, unless the consensus is that anything cheaper than that is garbage.

I don't know about cheaper ones, but I have a Nest and it's very good.

Sportman
May 12, 2003

PILLS...
PILLS...
PILLS...
PILLS...
PILLS!!!
Fun Shoe

obi_ant posted:

I need a very good neck pillow. I'm going to be on a 18 hour flight and a very long train ride soon. Any suggestions for something on Amazon?

https://www.amazon.com/Cabeau-Evolu...rds=neck+pillow

This thing is awesome. It’s a huge step up from the cheap bean bag filled ones.

Sportman
May 12, 2003

PILLS...
PILLS...
PILLS...
PILLS...
PILLS!!!
Fun Shoe

obi_ant posted:

I was looking at this one too. Can you wear headphones while this is on? I have some big ones that I wanted to bring...

I hav Bose QC25s and you can wear them, although the pillow will definitely push up on the cups. Not enough to move them or anything, and still comfortable.

Sportman
May 12, 2003

PILLS...
PILLS...
PILLS...
PILLS...
PILLS!!!
Fun Shoe

Trabant posted:

I'm about to suggest an expensive, basically orthopedic pillow, but it hugely improved my quality of sleep, so...

https://relaxtheback.com/products/contourside-pillow

fe: that style really only works for side sleepers

For real, don't cheap out on your bed or shoes. It's old-man advice, but goddamn does it make a difference.

Here's a cheaper alternative that worked for me: https://www.amazon.com/MARNUR-Ortho...cervical+pillow

I was a life long stomach sleeper, until I was diagnosed with a bulging disc in my neck, and my doctor said one of the best things I could do was start sleeping on my back/side with a supportive pillow. This pillow is comfortable enough that I was able to get used to back/side sleeping, and I am definitely waking up feeling better than I have in the past. I've only had it a few months, so I can't speak to the durability, but I love the style.

EDIT: I agree, don't cheap out. I just wanted to make sure I liked the style, without spending too much in case I couldn't get used to it.

Sportman
May 12, 2003

PILLS...
PILLS...
PILLS...
PILLS...
PILLS!!!
Fun Shoe

Spring Heeled Jack posted:

I picked up one of these to help with pet hair (large dog and two cats) and it’s been awesome. It is intended for hardwoods (or very short carpet) so keep that in mind.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077HW9XM7/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_v.riCb9VRP59E

I have this exact one and I really like it. It has a bristle brush, but as long as you clean it every now and then, its not too bad. I'd say it makes it back to its base 80% of the time, and I've only ever had it get stuck once in the past 6 months.

Sportman
May 12, 2003

PILLS...
PILLS...
PILLS...
PILLS...
PILLS!!!
Fun Shoe

Snowy posted:

I’m looking for a new thin bifold wallet. I’m not so crazy minimal that I want money clipped on the outside or anything, just a simple one that holds a few cards as well.

I’d also love to have a color that makes it easy to spot and a material that isn’t so slick that it wants to fall out of my pocket. I used to have a Big Skinny but I don’t like how slippery it was.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3879958

This is what you want. I've had mine for 4-5 years and it's still great.

Sportman
May 12, 2003

PILLS...
PILLS...
PILLS...
PILLS...
PILLS!!!
Fun Shoe

1redflag posted:

I would look for a quality manufacturer so it doesn’t burn your house down.

E. I have had good experiences with Anker, personally. If you can wait a week or so, they seem to go on sale on amazon like every week.

Anker is definitely my go to for stuff like this. Basic, cheap, reputable enough that it wont catch fire, (I'm pretty sure).

Sportman
May 12, 2003

PILLS...
PILLS...
PILLS...
PILLS...
PILLS!!!
Fun Shoe

black.lion posted:

Thanks! :glomp:

Any brand recs from anyone that's bought a new fridge lately?

We bought an LG last year. Top is a french door fridge and bottom is a freezer. It's nice that it has 2 ice makers (one for the door dispenser and one in the freezer). Nothing super fancy, but no complaints here.

Sportman
May 12, 2003

PILLS...
PILLS...
PILLS...
PILLS...
PILLS!!!
Fun Shoe

Lawen posted:

Timbuk2 and Chrome both make great messenger bags. I’ve switched back to a backpack but I used Timbuk2 bags for years and really liked them.

I love my chrome messenger bag, it’s 4 or 5 years old and holding up great.

Sportman
May 12, 2003

PILLS...
PILLS...
PILLS...
PILLS...
PILLS!!!
Fun Shoe

Rolo posted:

Looking for decent underwear because Hanes has somehow gotten even worse. I have 2 pair of Ex Officio boxer briefs and theyre perfect but they were 25 dollars apiece. Is there anything slightly less costly I can get in a 5-10 pack for when I'm not going to be very active?

Edit: Ahhh screw it I'm just gonna buy 5 more EO's and get 1-2 a month until I have a giant collection of the perfect underwear.

Thats the move. They frequently go on sale for ~$16, and I loaded up last time I saw them at that price.

Sportman
May 12, 2003

PILLS...
PILLS...
PILLS...
PILLS...
PILLS!!!
Fun Shoe

Happiness Commando posted:

There's a Breville smart oven model with an air fryer mode. I have one without the air fryer and it's still the best (convection) toaster oven I've ever owned. I think it was recommended to me here

This is the right answer. I love my Smart Oven.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sportman
May 12, 2003

PILLS...
PILLS...
PILLS...
PILLS...
PILLS!!!
Fun Shoe

Wendigee posted:

What was the oven? It seems to have been erased from the post and my main oven is dying...

Do you know the breville model?

Breville Smart Oven Air Fryer Pro, Brushed Stainless Steel, BOV900BSS https://a.co/d/e63Tu5a