Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

Anyone have any advice on an iced tea maker? I like iced tea, am lazy, and have disposable income.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

I will be trying out these tea ideas despite feeling let down by not having a single magic device that does this all for me with minimal cleaning.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

Pneub posted:

No one bothered to recommended a brand but they aren't hard to find:
https://www.google.com/#q=iced+tea+maker

Yeah I know, I was fishing for a specific recommendation.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

Kusaru posted:

I've had this thing for a couple years:
http://www.amazon.com/Mr-Coffee-TM70-3-Quart-Maker/dp/B001J5FN48/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1421976170&sr=8-2&keywords=iced+tea+maker
It's easy to use and stays mostly clean. The basket you put tea in can get gross (especially if you forget and leave tea bags in for a while), but a run through the dish washer cleans it right up. I usually use about half the amount of ice suggested. A couple Amazon reviews say it drips, but I make sure the pitcher is pushed up close and have never had a problem.

Thank you, will give it a try.

edit: to add to backpack talk, I have an older version of this Brigg's and Riley one. Mine is more business styled than this new one, but I trust it's still a really good bag. I can't compare it to others and was originally interested in the Osprey Porter, but ended up just impulse buying this one at a store and still really like it after a few years of heavy use.

edit 2: Found a link that has the version I own.

Chinaman7000 has a new favorite as of 16:39 on Jan 23, 2015

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

Get the orange scented ozium to be a real dude

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

Uniqlo boxer briefs are the poo poo. I dont wear my ExOfficio ones anymore.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

Need recommendations for a vacuum. I have a shedding dog, and medium thickness carpet and hardwood. I prefer something with good cord management, but not a must-have.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

Goddamnit this is what I use now. I want something new and shiny and hosed.

Thanks though, that's kinda validating.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

Does anyone have any brand or model suggestions for a garment steamer? Handheld or the standup ones, either is fine. I don't have a budget or limit, but I want to hear if anyone thinks a $200 one is better than a $100 one or a $30 one. My parents got one recently but I've only used it like twice.

Chinaman7000 has a new favorite as of 16:07 on Jun 1, 2015

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

I just ordered a Miele Upright Twist after doing some reading and talking with my local vacuum shop. It's like $500, but I have wanted a real nice vacuum for a while and this was the recommendation I got.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

TP is a tissue substitute, the sunscreen is lotion for ashy skin, the milk is for masturbation.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

There are two referral chain threads in the deals forum. I personally got a Casper bed. They both have 3 month (or longer?) hassle free returns so really you can't go wrong. It's so case by case everyone's body is different. I do like my Casper though.

My Casper comes in today and I'm gonna personally burn the Internet down if this hip cool company's magic product doesn't solve all my issues. I'm pretty excited, I tried an IKEA latex mattress and was ok with it, hope his will be better.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

Apparently I posted that on the 16th, and I can say today I love it. My wife likes firm mattresses (literally a wooden plank), I like cushy with support (I had a thick rear end pillow top innerspring) and it's been tough shopping around. We are both cautiously happy. Our favorite quality is that one of us can turn around without waking the other. She is worried and feels the edges are less supportive than the center, but I don't notice it, and I end up sleeping on the edge a bunch.

Latex or latex hybrid is the way to go no matter what, imo. I can't compare against the other brands, but we are probably staying with the Casper. The only other bed I was considering was some $3000 Beautyrest Hybrid Extreme bullshit, and I'm really happy we didn't do that. gently caress mattress retailer prices and salesman.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

I need a good dog bed for my ~40 lb dog. She likes the ones with borders on 3 sides, not the all flat pillow ones. I want one that is comfy and doesn't get all flat from her fat rear end.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

I prefer manual razors, but when I use my electric cause I'm lazy, I like to use this stuff beforehand.

http://www.amazon.com/Remington-Saver-Pre-shaver-Powder-Stick/dp/B002SJ4ADO

I don't know how common this stuff is, and I buy it for way cheaper at CVS, but I wouldn't want to use my electric without it anymore. I think it's basically talcum power, but it works better and isn't very messy. I also don't have super thick or rough facial hair so I don't know if it works as well that.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

I have a Miele. It's good. To be honest though my roomba does more cleaning and costs less. Yes I've spent a lot on dumb cleaning poo poo.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

I need a good indoors mosquito solution, ASAP, I'm literally dying as I type from lack of sleep/blood.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

Can anyone recommend a subscription shaving razor company? Seems like there are a few.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

bongwizzard posted:

My dumb car has no good options for mounting:

it's like a big smiling fat robot face

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

I've gotta stand all day at a conference while wearing nice dress shoes and my lower back always wants to fall apart after this. Are there any specific inner soles that are best for this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

black.lion posted:

More than any insole, what will help with this is training your posture - ribs over hips, cheekbones over collarbones, dont' lock your knees and most importantly, let the upper half of your body rest on your activated core (imagine yoru abs as a stack of tires, sit your ribs on the tires) - it's lazy posture that ruins the lower back. It'll be annoying to think about it all the time and keep correcting yourself throughout the day, but after a week or so it'll be unconscious. I could recommend a book but why spend money when you clearly have the internet.

drat thanks for this. I found a few good stretches that I do during the day to help but will keep all of this in mind.