Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
Recommendation for a Bathroom Scale? The fiance and I are starting to eat healthy and want to track our losses.

I have this analog one from some big box store and I'm pretty sure it's off by ~5lbs. I'd like something digital and if possible the ability measure BMI (is that a thing?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

Have they invented a robot that cleans showers/tubs yet?

If not anything you guys can recommend to make shower/bathroom cleaning super easy would be appreciated.

Mr Clean Magic eraser.

That poo poo is.... magic.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Sentient Data posted:

But don't be stuck to the brand, you can get melamine foam in bulk from tons of places

Great Find. Never thought to look for off brand stuff.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

For the whole bathroom? :wow:

Use it on any visible stains that accumulate. Then depending on the type of bathroom shower you have choose a cleaner based on that.

I know if you have a bath fitter type insert they recommend using Organic cleaners so it doesn't desolve the liner. I personally use whatever foam spray that I can get on sale.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
2 Requests:

1. Good glass tupperware with snap on lids (the ones that clasp on all 4 sides) reasonably priced. I found a bunch at the dollar store around Xmas but cannot find anymore for the life of me. Pyrex is around $35 on amazon and I'd like to think I can get them elsewhere for much cheaper.

2. Place to buy good comfortable boxer/briefs. I've lost some weight recently and all of my boxers are rather loose. Somewhere with a measurements table would be a plus. Far too many times I get a medium based on the waist size to find that it holds my plums like a vengeful girlfriend.

Both that will ship to Canada. :canada:

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Bunk Rogers posted:

To enroll, select “Subscribe & Save” on the desired product page. A confirmation of your subscription plan will appear. To finalize, click on the “Add To Cart And Subscribe” button and check out.

Last month they even sent me a water gun.

While cool in concept I don't think I can justify $200 a year in just underwear.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Bunk Rogers posted:

Ok! Me too! I do every other month.

Didn't realize that was an option. I'll keep it bookmarked.

Thanks

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
Cheap, lightweight glasses for running that can be purchased online.

I used to use a pair of tinted safety glasses that sorta looked sporty to run but I can't for the life of me find them. Instead of going out to get another pair I was hoping to get a couple of burner pairs online.

Shipping to Canada.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
Weird request,

I have $30 to Amazon.ca. Any recommendations for ANY product around that price point that you use. I'm curious to see what useless/awesome crap I don't have in my life that goons will come up with.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

This is amazing.

Thank you

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
I'm looking for an electric heating blanket for my Fiance who is perpetually cold. I have no idea if they exist but are there any that can charge up and be used wireless? It'd be great to have the blanket charge up during the day at work so she could start it up when she get's home and get toasty.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
Any recommendations for a Record player?

I'd like to start collecting some favorite bands but we only have an all-in-one Record player unit. I'd love for something modern enough that I could pipe optical cables through it or not have to worry about old interfaces/hard to obtain parts.

Not sure what sort of price range to expect honestly.

I'm thinking this is a good start:
http://www.amazon.ca/Audio-Technica...s=record+player

m.hache has a new favorite as of 18:37 on Dec 4, 2015

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
Any recommendations for a controller for a Samsung Galaxy S6? My brother plays so many games on that thing with the stupid virtual keypads. I'd like to get him something to help him out.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
Best USB BlueTooth adapter?

I have one but I find it cuts out on my PS4 controller a lot so it can be very frustrating to use. I'm sitting about 6 feet away from my PC to play on the big screen.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
Best Gaming Headphones with a Microphone?

I've found in the past that headphones I get press my ears in to tightly or make my ears sweaty. Not sure what are the good brands out there.

Around or under $100 CAD if possible.

EDIT: Wirecutter seems to like these: https://www.amazon.ca/HyperX-Cloud-...ag=thewire0f-20

Can anyone weigh in?

m.hache has a new favorite as of 18:54 on Apr 29, 2016

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Etrips posted:

Steelseries Siberia v2 are a pretty solid choice. Or you could spend even more for some Sennhesiers or something.

Nice. I'll keep those in the hopper. I'm going to try the Kingston ones and if I don't like them immediately I'll swap them for those.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Danger Mahoney posted:

I have those. Comfort is A+, sound quality is a solid B+. Mic is a little weird, but perfectly servicable. I got them to replace some Logitech G35s and I would consider it an upgrade.

If they are what you decide on, also look for a set called Takstar Pro 80. The Hyper-X is a rebrand of those and either one may be the more expensive of the two depending your region. Also, don't buy the Hyper-X 2, get the first version.

Thanks.

Another thing came to mind:

Anyone know of a audio KVM so I can just switch between speakers and headphones? I can't seem to find anything simple via amazon.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Danger Mahoney posted:

Are you using a PC with realtek onboard audio? If so there's a zero cost way to achieve this.

Unfortunately no.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Thwomp posted:

What's a good pair of bluetooth iem headphones? I'd be willing to go up to $100 and they'd primarily be used doing chores inside and outside the house.

I got a pair of JLab Epic headphones that had Bluetooth connectivity issues (as did the replacement pair I received) so I'm looking for something with a rock solid Bluetooth connection.

I got these a few weeks back:
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01D110ZVI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The over the ear hooks are great for running. Sound is pretty decent and I've walked about 15ft away from my phone without them cutting out.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
Any recommendations for a desk fan and I can clip to my desk?

I have a two tiered Reception style desk and I'd like to be able to mount the fan behind it so it sits above my monitor and shoots air at me.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
Our oldschool Keurig is starting to die. We mainly use it for Hot Water and refillable K-Cups.

I'm thinking its time we go back to a standard coffee pot but I want something good. I'm not sure which type will make the best coffee.

I have an Aeropress right now which is great when it's just me having coffee but if my Wife or company wants a cup it's a pain in the rear end.

Any suggestions for a nice Counter Top Coffee Maker? Bonus points if it can also churn out Hot water for when we want Tea.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

As much as I'd love to, that's ~$600 CAD.

Man, I got so excited at the prospect of owning that sucker. Was already convincing my wife to spend $300 on it.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Thwomp posted:

If you don't need a 12 cup carafe, you could get the 9 cup version which is less expensive. Both are recommended by The Sweethome as the best coffee makers. As an additional bonus, the 9 cup model can brew individual cups (something the 12 cup doesn't).

If you want just a good but cheap coffee maker, this Hamilton Beach model is also recommended by The Sweethome.

https://www.amazon.ca/8710100-Barista-Brain-Coffee-Silver/dp/B00YEYKK8U

Amazon can suck it sometimes. Why is it so hard to get this poo poo priced reasonably north of the border.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
I use Dollar Shave Club. I've cut my subscription down to every second month and ordered a second Handle.

The wife uses the blades to shave her legs and I'll use maybe one every month to edge out the beard.

No real complaints on my side. When I was keeping a clean face I could shave with a fresh blade once a week, which was nice.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
Can anyone recommend a good whittling knife?

The wife and I went camping this weekend and she has a desire to just hack away at wood while we sit by the fire. I'd like to get her something nicer than the Canadian Tire special I have now.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

signalnoise posted:

Anyone have a thread or web page recommendation for organizing the myriad of online accounts I have to better work with Google's ecosystem?

Not quite sure what you mean, but perhaps LastPass? It stores all credentials securely and it's searchable.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
I'm looking for good coffee mugs (not travel mugs) that I can get with neat designs on them. Dishwasher safe, decent holding capacity.

Really just want to know if there is a good site to order nerd type mugs. I had some from thinkgeek with the elemental symbol for caffeine on them but they wore off after one wash.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

couldcareless posted:

Damnit phone posting.

I've found traditional over the counter ant killer to be effective if you've located the hill.

You can either get the spray bottles, or the little droplets that'll kill the queen, thus driving the nest extinct.

You can also try to pour boiling water down it but that usually doesn't kill the queen.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
Our Keurig is starting to leak water onto the counter so I think it's finally time to replace. I'm looking for a coffee maker with the following (might be hard)

1. Can brew K-Cups
2. Can Provide Hot Water
3. Can brew Regular coffee

I can hit points 1 and 2 by getting a regular keurig but I like to be able to make a pot when we have company over. Does a machine like this even exist? (And is it not a piece of trash?)

I might just buy another Keurig honestly but just thought I'd throw it out there.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Inzombiac posted:

Ditch all that garbage and get an Aero Press.
Coffee derail! :classiclol:

I have an aero press. I use the Keurig to make the hot water for it but sometimes I'm in a rush and want to throw in a k-cup.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

The Electronaut posted:

2 out of 3 here as well: https://www.hamiltonbeach.com/flexbrew-coffee-makers.html

My step dad has one of the coffee pot or single machines but it doesn't look like it does just water.

That's the exact one I came up on.

Turns out you can do water if you just don't put grinds in the carafe portion. Next paycheck I'll likely pick that one up.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

1redflag posted:

Just a heads up that hot water from a K-cup machine tastes like coffee. So if your plan is to use the hot water for anything other than making coffee, you might want to adjust your plans.

-Someone who drinks tea but not coffee

We drink Tea and Coffee now using water from the original K-Cup machine and haven't noticed any crazy coffee taste. The Hamilton Beach would create hot water from the carafe side so hopefully any coffee taste is captured by the Paper Filter.

Thanks for the heads up though.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
So I bought the Hamilton Beach Flexbrew and got Burned. Tastes like plastic it's insane. I've even done multiple cleanouts using all methods online I can find. I'm currently returning it.

With this in mind, I'm looking for a Great Programmable Drip Coffee Maker and a Low Profile K-Cup machine. Counterspace is limited and I want to be able to make K-cup randomly for the wife or friends that come over (when a pot is not necessary).

I'd also like to avoid that K-Cup 2.0 nonsense so I can get hot water out of the machine.

Any recommendations for either request?

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Lawen posted:

I haven't tested it but I've heard you can just stick/ tape/ glue the foil top from a kcup into the machine to fool it into thinking there's a valid RFID in there if you want hot water or to use one of the old "use your own coffee" kcups.

Yeah I was reading that up.

I did some more research and came up with a combo I think will work.

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01EA5ZHIA/ref=pe_386430_126088100_TE_item

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01FJPSLJC/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

That Mr. Coffee one is $200 CDN right now, so it was $100 cheaper to order it from Amazon.com, pay for duty AND factor in the exchange rate.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
Are Leatherman multitools still the go to for multitools? Or is there a fancier version out there.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

dantheman650 posted:

I kind of want a fidget cube but I read up on the Antsy Labs kickstarter and see they still aren't shipping. Anyone gotten a knockoff that isn't a pile of crap?

I'd also be interested in something like this.

I've been using GripMASTER finger strengtheners in the meantime while at work, but I find my left hand get's most of the workout since I'm always using my right hand on the mouse.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Decius posted:

Don't know about small heads, since fit in the end is very much an individual thing, but the HyperX Cloud headset is really great for the price. Good mic, which you can remove, two kind of ear pieces (pleather and foam), does sound quite good for the price range.

I've got a white version of these and can confirm they work very well and feel comfortable. With the adjustable headset I can get it as small as my opened hand. Unless you're dealing with a shrunken Voodoo sized type head you should be ok.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
Any decent power bar for an entertainment system you can recommend? Something that isn't grossly overpriced.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
We've got a baby on the way and have two cats. I want to start preparing the cats to not go into the babies room as much as possible.

We will be doing our best to keep a vigilant eye but cats are sneaky.

Is there any device or product that you would recommend to condition the cats to avoid or ignore that room? They are very people centric so we are worries about them smothering the new born.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

black.lion posted:

I need a hanger thing that I can hang over a door (standard thickness?) that can hold a pretty heavy mirror (mb 25+lbs.) - I've found hangers on amazon that will fit my door, and hangers that can hold up to 30 lbs., but not one that fits both needs.

I'd just drive a nail into the door but the door is hollow so I'm pretty sure the mirror would just rip it out.

Any suggestions?

Just a minor note, the door may be hollow but generally there is a 1-2" support that circles the outside. Theoretically you could screw something into the very top of the door and hit solid wood.

Not sure what type of mirror you have though so if the hook is midway through the mirror it will sit higher than the frame.