Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Inspector 34 posted:

I'm starting to go on some job interviews and I need some decent looking work pants. Ideally I'm thinking something that looks reasonably professional but would not be out of place in a warehouse environment. Like somewhere between slacks and Dickies. I know stuff like this exists but I have no idea what brands to look for or avoid for comfort or durability issues. Any suggestions?

Maybe you want something like this - https://www.duluthtrading.com/mens-...ants-work-pants

I haven't tried them myself but your verbal description made me think that Duluth might be a good fit for what you are describing. I do have some of their other products (firehose pants, buck naked boxer briefs, now discontinued alaskan hardwear hoodie) and really like their quality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

You probably want an air filter with a carbon component to absorb the smells that way. You'll have to replace the carbon of course on whatever interval works for your space but that should do exactly what you need.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

null_pointer posted:

My daughter's trying to learn to play Terraria with a mouse and keyboard, but she's having problems with the mouse. I think it's just too large, so she has to use her big muscle groups in her arm to haul the thing around. I was wondering if maybe she had something smaller where her fingers touch could the desk, she could use the smaller muscles in her hand.

Basically, what I'm asking is, does anybody have a recommendation for a tiny mouse that's good for a 6-year-old?

To be contrary though, ideally you want low mouse sensitivity and a big mouse pad and bigger arm movements as it allows for more accuracy and prevents your wrist and hand from getting worn out. At least this is how adult gamer pros like to roll. Probably best to get the small mouse for a young kid :)

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Slimy Hog posted:

Anyone have a recommendation for a good monitor arm? I have two monitors on my desk being held up by books and boxes and I'd like to have a less cluttered workspace.

Supposedly the AmazonBasics line of monitor mounts is rebranded (some good brand). I have one of their dual monitor mounts...well gently caress it's not available anymore https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MIBN71I

So I guess I'm just bragging about my great monitor mount now. Hope this helps.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

credburn posted:

Hey, gang! I need a good thermos I can take with me to the library and stuff so I can drink my coffee while reading my Manga Guide to Databases. Have you thermos recommendations?

I would use a Contigo Autoseal for this. I had one I used for years every day at work and when the spring wore out on the button to open/close it the company replaced the whole top under warranty.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Goons I beseech you, what rice cooker should I get? I'm only cooking for like 2 people so I don't need anything giant. A quick look at amazon and the Zojirushi brand seems to be all over $100 but I also know I've heard great things before about the brand.

Should I get one and if so what model?

Are there other brands that are close to as good but maybe significantly cheaper? I'm mainly just looking to be lazy and the only instant pot I have is a gently caress off giant one that doesn't make sense for using to make a small amount of rice in (which I'm mentioning here for completeness of not getting suggested to buy an instant pot).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Thanks for all the recs. I have a habit sometimes of just wanting to buy the expensive thing because it's technically better even if I won't be using the better features it provides. In this case I only ever plan on using a rice cooker to cook rice for the meal about to be eaten so the ability to keep it fresh all day is not really useful to me. I think I'll just pick up a small cheap one for now.