Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

naughty_penguin
Oct 9, 2005
Fun Shoe
So I put up some blackout curtains in my bedroom this weekend, and I slept like a rock, but it was kinda hard to wake up in the morning. I know in previous incarnations of this thread someone has recommended an alarm clock that gradually lights up to simulate a sunrise, but I can't find it. Does anyone have a recommendation for something like http://www.amazon.com/Philips-Hf3470-Wake-up-Light-White/dp/B003XN4RIC?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

naughty_penguin
Oct 9, 2005
Fun Shoe

ray_finkle_himself posted:

Sorry, no suggestions for an alarm clock, but I was wondering which blackout curtains you use? I've bought some from walmart in the past but they still let light through.

Just some cheapo brown one from Big Lots. My bedroom window faces South so I don't get a whole ton of light. I honestly couldn't believe it made that much of a difference.

Thanks for the recommendations guys!

naughty_penguin
Oct 9, 2005
Fun Shoe
Alright so I'm surprised there's not a thread for this, but I am looking for a camera recommendation. My sister and my father both have one of these:

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Galax...g+galaxy+camera

and my girlfriend was really impressed with it. However, she is really only looking for a party camera, and she wouldn't use most of the features on there. The main things that she wants are the auto focus stuff which seems to be pretty basic (?) and the internet connectivity/ android OS. Are there any cameras that are a bit more basic and a bit less expensive that we should take a look at?

naughty_penguin
Oct 9, 2005
Fun Shoe
Does anyone have any experience with the knockoff Eames lounge chairs on Amazon? I really want the genuine article but I feel like maybe 4 grand on a chair might be hitting diminishing returns. I would totally drop a grand on a decently comfortable chair that would just go in my room and that only I would see though.