Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moot .1415926535
Mar 24, 2006

Yep, that's pretty much it.

black.lion posted:

Glerups (i wear the high tops and i'm never going back) - you can get them with indoor soles or outdoor soles depending on your pref

Yo these look amazing and are definitely on the list now. Thank you.

I bought a Neater Feeder because I was tired of slipping on my dog’s slobber and it has been wonderful. If you have a slobbery dog, you should have one of these.

Moot .1415926535 has a new favorite as of 15:18 on Dec 3, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moot .1415926535
Mar 24, 2006

BONESAWWWWWW posted:

Is there such a thing as an insulated flask? I'd love to take a small thermos with me while I go skiing to hold a hot drink but I want to be able to put something flat in my pocket instead of a giant cylinder.
I am having trouble finding anything like this but it must exist... Right?
It doesn't even have to work THAT well, just hold heat for a few hours.

If you’re skiing with booze, wear a backpack. Then you can bring all manner of insulated bottles.

Moot .1415926535
Mar 24, 2006

BONESAWWWWWW posted:

Thanks all. I'm going to tinker with the nalgene flask and see what that gets me. I did use a backpack on my last outing, but it made sitting in a chair lift tricky and quite annoying in general. Maybe there's no perfect solution.

Take one arm out of the backpack strap when you’re about to get on the chair and swing it around into your lap.

Moot .1415926535
Mar 24, 2006

Pick posted:

What's some poo poo for my kitchen that will dull the pain inside. I got a Wusthof paring knife so that suffocated the agony of existence for several minutes.

I keep my drugs in the living room but the kitchen is also fine

Moot .1415926535
Mar 24, 2006

I. M. Gei posted:

Can any of y’all point me to a good sleep mask?

I’ve been using these ones from Walgreens because they’re cheap and reasonably comfortable, and for the most part I like them okay, but the material isn’t very breathable at all and that’s a major problem for someone like me who sweats a lot when they sleep and can’t sleep when they’re sweaty, especially now during the spring and summer months. I’m certain there’s better options out there.

Sleep mask with soft bluetooth speakers built in for rain sounds or, judging by your taste in furniture, the sound of someone slaughtering rabbits for supper.

Moot .1415926535
Mar 24, 2006

1redflag posted:

Best household humidifier? Moving to somewhere with single digit air humidity (from somewhere with 90%+ humidity).
You get used to it. It’s actually very nice. Drink lots of water.

Moot .1415926535
Mar 24, 2006

I was just in Mexico and tried Japanese style peanuts for the first time and they are crunchy and amazing. Highly recommend those.

Moot .1415926535
Mar 24, 2006

Snowmankilla posted:

I am tired of trying to get my wallet, chapstick, keys, phone, and pocket knife in my pockets. Let alone a mask/anything my kids may need. I have a backpack, but am looking for something smaller. Any advice/ recommendations for something that a not cool 40 year old dad could wear? I am leaning Fanny pack , but not sure I am ready to be 80s dad around the waist, but not cool enough to wear across the chest like a rapper?

Any other not cool dads?

Buy Patagonia. It will last forever, they will fix it if you gently caress it up, and it’s one of the most responsible companies out there.

https://www.patagonia.com/shop/luggage-messenger-bags

Moot .1415926535
Mar 24, 2006

Seconding this, OGL is amazing

Moot .1415926535
Mar 24, 2006

Yeah the speedcross is a great shoe and will do anything you need it to. Stick with that imo.

Moot .1415926535
Mar 24, 2006

I have a Dyson I bought refurbished for about $250 and it’s great. Really easy to take apart and clean.

Moot .1415926535
Mar 24, 2006

PrAna and Mountain Hardwear both make something akin to what you’re looking for.

Moot .1415926535
Mar 24, 2006

Brooklinen towels are awesome.

Moot .1415926535
Mar 24, 2006

Snowy posted:

Any of them in particular? The super-plush makes me a little suspicious, there’s also classic and ultra light

We have the super plush and they’re still like 80% as good as they were four years later. We only have two because it’s just the two of us so they’re used constantly.

We’ve also had the luxe sateen sheets for like four years and they’re in great shape. Completely happy with those two purchases.

Moot .1415926535 has a new favorite as of 02:23 on Dec 13, 2022

Moot .1415926535
Mar 24, 2006

Shibawanko posted:

yo, whats a good big suitcase that doesnt break after 2 trips? bigger is better but as long as it can hold up to 23kg it should be good. i am tired of suitcases where either the wheels or the handles break constantly. up to like 200 euros/dollars is fine

I travel a lot and have beat the ever living poo poo out of my Away suitcase. It still works as well as the day I got it. There may be ones just as good for less but in my experience that thing is bombproof.

Moot .1415926535
Mar 24, 2006

I have a cheap small one and it’s good for making chicken nuggets when I’m high. No I will not stop being a child.

Moot .1415926535
Mar 24, 2006

Mushroom supplements? I like the four sigmatic coffee but don’t always want to drink coffee.

Moot .1415926535
Mar 24, 2006

lol true

Moot .1415926535
Mar 24, 2006

While I do understand your argument from drinking cocktails out of a contigo mug that tasted a bit like coffee, it falls apart when you’re drinking coffee and it tastes a bit like coffee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moot .1415926535
Mar 24, 2006

Looking for a good neck pillow for a long plane flight. I usually end up tipping forward if I’m sitting in the middle, so something that prevents my neck from breaking if that happens would be great.