Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

couldcareless posted:

This looks like the one I need. No battery draining screen, simple sleek look, and console control is right on. Guess I'll put this on watch for a price drop

You can also just buy the fancy touch remote and pair it to the Hub if you ever do want to go all-in. The system is modular.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They have Minecraft Lego. 2 for 1.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Does your monitor have DVI or Displayport? That would be much better than an HDMI switch, because HDCP is weird black magic that never works right.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=101&cp_id=10110&cs_id=1011001&p_id=2786&seq=1&format=2

I used that specific one for years with no issues. My brother is currently using it for a 360 and a PS4 and it works fine for him.

Some of the reviews mention some problems though.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Twitch posted:

I had an older model, but the monoprice HDMI switcher I used was a complete piece of poo poo. When I put my PC into sleep mode, it would switch over to the PS3 I had plugged in (also in standby) and keep the monitor from shutting off. Then it completely stopped working after 2 months.

That's why I had bought that mechanical manual one. The button push physically changes the connection. Automatic switchers and even manual powered ones almost always have HDCP issues.