Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

EDIT: beaten like a panic circled stratum boss--is there any way to refight those guys, btw?

If you got pinned like that, you went the wrong way. The corridor where you can trap the doll FOE is on the opposite side of that room.

I don't know how the hell you all are clearing the game so quickly. At the point where you guys are finishing the game I'm still only on the 3rd floor of Inaba Pride. Granted, I'm continually handicapping myself by trying to keep everyone roughly evenly leveled, at least until they learn all their skills. And fusing Personas into new ones regardless of how useful they are, once THEY learn all their skills.

Is the trend to just find a party that works and stick with it? Because I've found the P3/P4 leads, Kanji, Naoto, and Zen/Rei tears through most encounters like tissue paper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Thuryl posted:

Well, there's New Game+, but otherwise no.
That's a shame. When you're fighting them the first time and it's (theoretically) this desperate struggle for advantage and tempo, it's nice to hear bosses talk back to you. Damaging them enough to force the response feels like a hard-won achievment. Helps that whoever does the voices for them is spot-on. The voice acting in general has been pretty good, the only quips that grate on me are the Navigators' response to debuffs and status ailments. Yes, I know my defenese has been lowered and I'll take more damage if I get hit, thank you. It's happened a dozen times on this floor so far, I have grasped the many implications.

Still, great game overall. Are they any QR codes for Persona that are in the mid-50s instead of level 70/80 Yoshimitsus and such?

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

You don't need anything extra, just snapping a photo of the QR code and posting it to imgur works like 90% of the time.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

But you still have to level him to 55 to get it, right? Uggggh

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

...If it sticks, and lasts more than one turn. I have had that occur, and it trivialized my fight with the Old Doll in BF3 of the Evil Spirits Club. But it won't always work like that, which is why the difficulty curve seems to oscillate so much. I still haven't beaten the Fast Guys in Inaba Pride Festival. Am I underleveled? Poorly equipped? Lack information on their special moves & weaknesses? No. Panic just wore off right before they used the Power Charge/hit all combo. poo poo happens. :shrug:

It bothers me less than it otherwise might because I actually enjoy solving the FOE-related puzzles but it is a design flaw.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Manatee Cannon posted:

Panic not being perfect is not a design flaw.
No poo poo. I was referring to how much more effective it is than almost any other strategy. It's one thing to say working out the most effective strategy is part of the game, but if it's always the same strategy I think it's fair to question whether the designers thought it through all the way.

I mean, I'd expect to be running into mobs or FOEs that were immune at least ocassionally.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Speaking of Aigis, which Persona gives up the Runic Shield skill card? Or even just a list of Persona with the skill itself would work. I had Titania on her when the rest of the party was using stuff 15 levels higher because I hated to give that skill up. It saved my rear end so many times.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

I am 90% certain his counter can trigger repeatedly & goes off the same turn you break a vow. Unless that's tied to difficulty level?

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

This is good advice.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Old News Korner: did you know the gourds in the 4th Labyrinth have Diarhan? That is the stupidest goddamn thing. Panic/Magic bind wore off on the wrong turn? Get hosed!

Spoil it for me thread, how many other FOEs & bosses are going to do this?

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Thank ye kindly, that's a relief to hear. I honestly thought it was going to be a regular thing from now on.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

I can live with that. Or not, as the case may be, but Naoto is a fixture in almost everyone's party already, so... Point is, Tetraja and Resist Dark/Light are both more reliable and predictable than the duration of an ailment or bind.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

I actually fused Mara the old fashioned way because, c'mon, it was Mara. I suspect I've been overleveled for a while now, but I don't know how I'm supposed to avoid it when Inaba Pride takes forever to advance in and the encounter rate is nuts. Leveling doesn't seem to make a huge difference for characters not named Naoto though. Does anyone have a build for her that doesn't include Impure Reach, Stagnant Air and Panic Circle?

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

I'm struggling to find a role for the P4 MC at the moment. Kanji has Myriad Arrows (through Mara) and Power Charge (through skill cards), which is really all he needs since Naoto finishes 90% of the trash mobs by herself with instant death spells. Shinjiro is my Stardropper (with Bloody Vanguard & First Star), though he can do okay with links thanks to Kartekiya (Triple/Golden Link + Dragon's Cry). I've been using Yukari or Zen/Rei depending on whether I need healing or hitting elemental weaknesses. P3MC does okay with magic or binds, depending on what Persona I have available, but P4 MC is just kind of... there.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

I finally got both MCs to level 55 and unlocked their evolved Persona. How the hell do you do it for everyone else? Even my active party is short of 55 by several levels, the others need like 12-15, assuming the goal is the same for all of them.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Well, that's both good and bad news depending on the character... Might just end up ignoring Teddie and Ken altogether. But what's the fastest place to grind? I'm all but finished with Inaba Pride, I've just been putting it off until I beat Elizabeth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Are you referring to the Doll or the gold-colored quest boss that replaces the Kindly Doctor?

• Locked thread