Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I can tell Rei/Zen are starting to hold me back but it feels wrong not to have them in the party :\ (I'm starting Labyrinth 2)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

When's the earliest I can turn Naoto into a random battle killing machine? Thanks in advance.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I must be really bad at this game because I'm only at the 2nd Stratum and it feels like every random encounter has a truckload of HP that I tediously have to slog through.

Even the first Stratum FOEs had like 3000 hp when I can do maybe 150 a round at Level 14. Bah.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Dude just forgot about Persona 4, the game IS 6 years old

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

OR JUST STEP ON THEM LIKE A MAN

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Hello I'm dumb, what do i do to progress on the Group Date Cafe Stop 3, in the very south area, where there are three F.O.E's clustered together with one facing north, one south, and one west (the one west is beside the one facing north)

I've gone back and forth for 30 minutes and i'm clearly missing something.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I'm only at the tail end of the second Labyrinth, but this game feels like it's going to go in the exact opposite direction of Devil Survivor, where Phys is really loving good and Magic is useless.

If only I had both Kanji and Chie tearin' poo poo up :(

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

ApplesandOranges posted:

Offensive magic is visibly worse than physicals once you get access to sub-Personas and Fuuka.

It's never stated, but your damage goes down if your level is at least 5 levels above your sub-Persona, then again at 10 levels above. Keep them updated.

Teddie is widely agreed to be the worst character in the game. You can still use him, but don't expect brilliant results.

Why is Teddie bad? I am curious, give me those minmaxes

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Is there no bonus Hard As Balls Stratum in this game?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Help I'm at the Inaba Pride Exhibit and I have no loving clue what i can do to make the P4MC good, what's my best bet with him?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I like it a lot but I'm currently in Maze 3 and it's sort of getting samey

Evil Spirit Club is the peak :ssh:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Wow the Inaba Pride Exhibit sucks

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I've made it to Floor 4 of the IPE, please tell me this floor isn't as bad as Floor 3 was :(

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

gently caress

Is the final labyrinth not obnoxious at least?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I thought it was funny and then they do it ten more times

also the same goes for a lot of the jokes in the game

edit: made it to the final labyrinth but I'm started to get tired of the game and the emotional payoff already happened so I might just drop the difficulty down to babby mode I dunno

Meowywitch fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Jan 13, 2015

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

It's just as well, the battle system is really goddamn slow

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Just use vanish balls, if you encounter the foes in the fifth labyrinth

seems to work fine for me

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

DoctorX posted:

Just run from the beetles, they take too much time to kill and the amount of exp they give you is just not worth it.

You probably have a higher chance of game overing trying to run from them then actually fighting them

ManOfTheYear posted:

I got through the first dungeon and started the second, adn I gotta say I don't really care too much for this game. Not that it's bad, but with p4 you had the school life and s-links and fishing and stuff to accompany the dungeon roaming so there was so much to do besides fighting, which was amazing and spiced things up. Here, you only get the dungeons and fansevicey stuff, not necessarily in sexual sense, but just having all the characters hanging out with each other and screaming out their personality gimmicks at the same time like "protein" and "steak". That's pretty boring and a bit too cutesy for my tastes, so there isn't that much interest for me to see the how the story unfolds nad just going through the dungeons is kind of an slog.

This is fair but I really liked Zen and Rei and their story, so :shrug: It was more about them than the pretty muted P3/P4 fanservice collab for me

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

How do I get to be even more strong? Heat Riser + Dragon's Cry + Power Charge + Myriad Arrows is pretty awesome, but I want even more damage!!!

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I used Zen and Rei for the whole game because why would you not use the main characters of the game? :shrug:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Don't forget about Power Charge and Heat Rizer :unsmigghh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Lunar Suite posted:

e: Goddamnit Yosuke you're like an inch away from gay.

Yosuke is fooling no one

• Locked thread