Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

I only just started this game last night, but holy poo poo are you spoiled for choice in the opening dungeon if you pick the P3 crew. I take it Marie isn't a dungeon-crawling party member?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Vengarr posted:

Persona Q: Impure Reach Out To The Truth
This needs to be the thread title

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Strangely enough, I always found physical attack abilities were lackluster in the main games, and offensive magic was king. Then again, I often used element amped -dyne spells with a max Magic persona an awful lot. Removing the slash/pierce/bash split for physical damage made it even worse so I'm glad that's at least made a return in Persona Q.
Persona Q is getting me to care more about other avenues for dealing the hurt on bosses.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

One would assume not, given the name. It's probably more a case of 'how to get more than 4/5 links out of it'.
I wonder, would a full party of Link abilities work? I can see that chewing the hell out of bosses :getin:

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Inflammatory posted:

aigis being tanky as gently caress is precisely why you want her in the back row so she can be even tankier. give her pain eater and laugh as everything struggles to damage her.
This is exactly what I do. Shen Safeguard activates the enemies do even less damage :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

So, after an entire dungeon of being stalked by the Old Doll, I ended up getting chased by it on the Fourth Floor and got caught due to a misstep.

And then Naoto killed it on the very first attack of my first turn. :v:
Persona Q - Impure Reach Out to the Truth

• Locked thread