Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

I took a request that involves taking Teddie's stupid rear end into the Group Date place to sniff out a Love Potion. Can someone tell me where it is so I don't have to hear any more bear puns than necessary?

It's at the exact same place where you got the notice that the quest was available (like every other quest). The lower half of the room near the middle bottom with three black FOEs right next to each other. It should have a shortcut from the south taking you pretty close to it.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 08:59 on Dec 14, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Zurai posted:

You can get this specific quest without going to that spot, actually.

Interesting. Maybe I just explore too long before heading back to base.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I loved the Holy Flame puzzles because it made me feel like I was opening up the dungeon by lighting more bonfires. Actually, the only thing about it that bugs me is that there are two pre-lit fires, so it's not just you spreading one flame everywhere, which would have made me giddy. It's like, I dunno, putting up flags in enemy territory. It has the same feeling of satisfaction to me as opening up shortcuts.

Manatee Cannon posted:

No, your normal attack and physical skills are completely separate.

As far as I can tell, your weapon doesn't even affect the power of physical skills at all (ie: you can equip a 1 damage weapon and use physical skills for decent damage). If you're not doing basic attacks all the time for damage, which you shouldn't, then the only reason to use weapons is for passive stat boosts or inflicting ailments/binds. While the ultimate weapons are actually stronger than a Heavy Damage skill, by the time you get them everything's outclassed by links and/or Myriad Arrows.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Len posted:

Someday I hope to be good enough at these games to do the bonus bosses. I'm in the third dungeon and killing card soldiers still takes most of my parties SP and forever. And yes, I try to use tentarafoo with an impure reached naota. I've still been punch by the boss. I don't know how you guys get lucky enough to have it 1) stick reliably and 2) not have them immediately punch you in the face.

Poison at that level does way more damage per turn than your entire party combined.

The point of Panic is to make later enemies stop using spells, not to make them stop punching you. When the enemies start having spells that insta-kill your entire party or heal themselves to full, that's when you appreciate them punching you in the face.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

ZeButler posted:

Another point of panic is to make the enemies stop having a chance to dodge, which causes things like Myriad Arrows to be stupid powerful.

Essentially it's every bind at once, plus a chance to hit themselves.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Also only the first floor (or something like that). I bought a bunch of Winged Sandals that I ended up never using.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Manatee Cannon posted:

I think all of the ultimate weapons require you to sacrifice a specific persona and kill a certain enemy in a specific way.

I got all the special drops by using Analyze items. I have no patience for their "kill in weird way" gimmicks, especially when they give you even less clues than they do in the EO games. I still have no idea how most of them drop.

Each character uses a different Sacrifice Fusion item for their ultimate weapon though. I don't think there's any overlap. The best plan is to just sacrifice all the high level Personas you get from killing FOEs.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

projecthalaxy posted:

Question, with regards to Evil Spirit Club 1: Why do they gotta chase you? Why is that necessary? Also why are their heads that way.

Because it's a puzzle game. A weird puzzle game that you can choose to skip by killing things.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Haifisch posted:

Man, the cook a hot pot for Yosuke quest really drives home how much Atlus overused the "haha, girl can't cook!" cliche, since there are four girls it applies to. I get that anime poo poo loves that 'joke' for some reason, but goddamn.

The way I see it, the usage in P4 was supposed to be a parody of the joke, by making it so no one could cook. The fact that it's now four particular people in Q sort of undermines that though. I mean, not that it was great in the first place or anything, but it makes it worse.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Dec 23, 2014

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Vengarr posted:

It was amusing in P4 since it only got deployed twice, but the fact that they've brought it up in every game since is annoying. Make some new jokes :argh:

In Q, whenever Yosuke gets poisoned he says something like: "at least it's better than... Mystery Food X..." So you can have your dead horse joke beaten even in random battles!

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

BottledBodhisvata posted:

Chie has physical attacks and a little ice, so she may be a bit redundant. I'd swap her out for Mitsuru.

Chie actually gets 0 ice attacks in Persona Q, even though that was her element in P4. She's pure physical. She's not the best physical fighter, but she comes with Power Charge so that's cool I guess.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

ZeButler posted:

Yeah, by the time I hit the Byakko wing of that floor, I was thoroughly in "gently caress it, murder FOEs" mode, so I never actually found the solution to that puzzle.

I had the opposite experience: I got bored with killing FOEs so I spent my time trying to solve the puzzles in the last quarter of the game.

DoctorX posted:

Just run from the beetles, they take too much time to kill and the amount of exp they give you is just not worth it.

Yes. I mean, you can kill them, and it's not incredibly hard or anything, but the risk that they'll crit someone twice struck me as too high to be worth the bother.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

As far as I can tell, the game is designed under the assumption that you're insta-killing all enemies with Mahamaon. There are a lot of encounters, but they're pretty trivial and don't take much time so it didn't bother me much.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I would say the more pressing reason to panic them is that otherwise they can cast Diarahan at any time and that's annoying.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I got Junpei. No regrets.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I mentioned this in the other thread where you asked the same thing, but the magic-attack Dyne build is basically dead weight and he contributes nothing to your team. Maybe that doesn't matter, but I think it's a bit weird to go out of your way for it. I think he'd be better off having extras of the others spells for back-up. Like, being able to cast Tarukaja and something else on the same turn can save some time, or revive someone when the healer is dead. Really depends on their sub-personas though.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Feb 19, 2015

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Justin_Brett posted:

What the gently caress am I supposed to do about Burning Beetles? They're super fast, attack twice, can kill Yosuke and Teddie in one hit with their attack debuffed, have a shitton of health, and they're not even weak to Hama or Mudo like tons of weenie enemies that are no trouble.

Disarm pretty much cripples them, but after the first few I just ran away from them. The rewards aren't really worth the bother.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Rangpur posted:

Well, that's both good and bad news depending on the character... Might just end up ignoring Teddie and Ken altogether. But what's the fastest place to grind? I'm all but finished with Inaba Pride, I've just been putting it off until I beat Elizabeth.

You're not in the final dungeon yet. Don't worry about grinding.

• Locked thread