Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
FOEs with mamudo/mahamaon/diarahan are pretty much the worst things ever. Time to grind some skill cards to bind poo poo, I guess. :smith:

While I'm here, I got Alice a few days ago and it just completely wrecks random encounters with Die for Me!

I loving love it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

I just want them to add Persona 1 and 2 characters to the mix, but I don't think that will ever happen because it seems like they don't want anything to do with those games minus the PSP enhanced ports.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

P5's gotta be its own thing. I'd imagine it takes place in the same world as P1-4 because why not, so I imagine we'll see a few cameos like from those games. I wouldn't expect anything of substance relating to the previous Persona games though, since I can only imagine they really want Persona 5 to stand on its own.

Persona Q and Persona 4 Arena are great games, but they also assume that the players have already played Persona 3 and 4 already. I can't imagine that's an easy way to gain new blood to the series.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Shinjiro is pretty much 500x better than Ken so I'm still upset about his P3 fate, even moreso after playing PQ. Ken why couldn't the plot take you instead

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

The plot dump after the fourth dungeon is fantastic. gouging my eyes out now :(

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

The FOE monsters in the final dungeon are vicious. Ran into one on the first floor and while I was trying to run away and it cast mamudoon on my party, instantly killing everyone. Almost happened a second time while I was trying to fill out the map and couldn't see which direction it was coming from. Hell, thus far the Reaper has given me less trouble since its moves are more predictable and it's slightly slower in its reaction time. Think it only moves twice every three times I move, something like that.

I've just been grinding lots now. I barely have any skillcards used on my team, and I want to see the abilities on each new persona I get... which still takes a lot of time through Sacrifice Fusion. Alice still kicks rear end though.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Strange Quark posted:

4, somewhere in the top left section of floor 2, iirc.

I was wondering why Akihiko just randomly started spouting off about how strong he is, then stormed off annoyed.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

I wasn't a huge fan of the Holy Flame sections, but I really enjoyed the Holy Beast parts. I couldn't tell you why, since they're pretty much fundamentally the same sort of puzzle with different wrapping paper.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

I would like to point out to everyone that after several failed attempts filled with confusion and annoyance that, yes, Zen (and Rei, I suppose) do technically count as a single female character by the Festival Dudes, no matter at what point in time in the game they are used.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Travis Willingham as Theo is pretty great, but Bryce Papenbrook doesn't really do it for me. Couldn't justify paying for that one. If they ever go on sale, I'll pick up Marie, Elizabeth, and Nanako.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Beat the game earlier this evening and I've gotta say that I really, really enjoyed it. Rei/Zen (Raisin?) are pretty great and I'm very happy with the overall plot to the game. It fits in very well with the "bonds" theme P3 and P4 specialize in. I'll be playing through the game as the P4 protagonist in my second playthrough and I'm looking forward to seeing how things change up.

Perhaps more importantly, this game has gotten me interested in the other Etrian Odysseys. Think I might take a peek at them whenever I get some downtime. :unsmith:

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Saying I didn't care about gender, I got Junpei. Saying I did, I got Marie. I was pretty okay with this. Junpei whined way too much. :colbert:

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

To add to the battle conversation jump-off lines, after a certain story scene in the P3 side, Yukari and Mitsuru started to bounce off each other. I'd have to guess that Shinjiro and Akihiko do too, but I didn't use them both in my party at the same time. (the other two in my party were usually Zen and Shinji)

Using P3MC/Yosuke/Chie/Teddie/Naoto in my P4 run and haven't noticed anything yet, but hopefully I will?

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Detective No. 27 posted:

I can't even get that far. I can get up to the pinch point where you get ambushed by the baby FOE.

The "light trap" for the Doll FOE is west of there. Ideally, you should be trapping the Old Doll in the light trap before you even get to the baby FOE. Then, you lead the baby around the circular light trap just south of where it pops to get just enough space between the two of you to reach the next area.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

If I could figure out how to get a QR code from my 3DS to imgur, I have a kick rear end Attis for navigators. :( Mylaptop can't take SD cards though (it's about six years old) and I don't know of another way to connect...

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Vengarr posted:

There's an option under "Create QR Code" to save the image file to the SD card.

Then you go to that 3DS Screenshot Uploader and upload it to twitter or whatever.

Thanks, googled this and it sounded like the best plan. Here you go, folks:

Attis, filled with Navigation skills, including the one that regenerates SP as you walk.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Please destroy Ken

Edit: Developers of the fighting game knew Ken was the worst character in the entire series so they paired him up with one of the best, unfortunately Ken is so terrible it overrides this and you must also destroy the dog

Edit 2: In that sense he gets 2 great characters killed

Ken: literally no one likes Ken.

Also that P3P romance is the creepiest poo poo ever and I will never choose it because jesus christ

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Lakbay posted:

Woops just saw there was a PQ thread! Had a question: My characters are level 60 and i was wondering if getting zen/rei to 63 is worth it for the king's card skill or if I should replace them for a persona user? They've fallen off badly in terms of usefulness and I kept them in the party for some reason.

I like Zen and Rei, but consensus is that they're pretty much nowhere near as good as a full-time persona user, even with all of their abilities. They're a jack of all trades, master of none. That should influence your decision.

If you like the fact that they have access to all elemental spells, maybe grab a Tzitzimatl and snag it onto someone for much the same effect. Zen and Rei are nice because of stuff like that and their natural SP regen, but they'll never be heavy hitters and their only status effect is Curse, which is a coin toss in terms of usefulness- especially when Panic is easily available to many other party members.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Clarste posted:

I got Junpei. No regrets.

Yeah, on my P3 side I got Junpei. Retrying it for a lady-friend, I got Marie.
P4 gave me Margaret.

Junpei joked about being upset that I did the marriage stuff over again to get someone else, but I think he was legit upset. :colbert:

• Locked thread