Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Andy Reid needs an antihistamine or something in this press conference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

BlindSite posted:

Also Andy Reid seems like he's made a career of making teams good enough to be in the mix every year without actually winning anything of substance. The dude would be a perfect fit for a team like the Raiders or Jets who're a dumpster fire to get them good enough to compete with the higher ups in the league.

This is sort of where KC was when he came though. There was a smoke and mirrors playoff year and nothing back to Vermeil (ok there was the Herm playoff year which was ridiculous).

You could also call Reid's first year in KC a fluke because of the schedule for sure, but even if the last two weeks were horrible this is still better than I would have predicted at the beginning of the year. I guess I'm still in the phase where I'm happy to be kind of competent instead of just assuming the team will be destroyed every week.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

mcmagic posted:

As long as he gets bailed out in time to play, he'll be the best QB the Jets have had in years.

He's throwing a shitload of picks this year, so he's getting that part down.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

mcmagic posted:

He hasn't lost a game since high schoool.

Man better go out and sign Ken Dorsey?

He's still a very good prospect (depending on how much stock you put in off the field stuff obviously), but he doesn't look like the sure thing he was last year.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Why is it insane? His on field decision making has been rough as hell this year before you get to any of the other stuff, which is something that has torpedoed a whole hell of a lot of NFL careers.

e: Christ there was literally an incredibly stupid point shaving theory about him because he's been so bad in a few halves.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Dec 2, 2014

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Im still on the side that Jameis has really let me down lately on his pro prospects but still has quite a bit of potential especially over Mariota but will likely flame out...

Yeah this is about where I am on him, also Ben is the for real comp for Winston on on the field isn't he? Which is pretty funny but they also do kind of look like each other (except Jameis isn't just hip tossing 320 lb dudes on the regular I guess).

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Is Vinny the best QB Heisman in the NFL back to Staubach? With a mostly full career Carson Palmer seems to be his only competition.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
^^--yeah I'm ok with rating Cam above Vinny provisionally, I guess I was more wondering about the older guys

No seriously with all the amazing quarterbacks that have played in anyone's lifetime here's the Heisman list.

2013: Jameis Winston
2012: JFF
2011: RG3
2010: Cam Newton
2008: Sam Bradford

---here's the end of where we can hold out hope for guys to become awesome

2007: Tim Tebow
2006: Troy Smith
2004: Matt Leinart
2003: Jason White
2002: Carson Palmer (actually good even if you're a Bengals fan compared to the rest)
2001: Eric Crouch
2000: Chris Weinke
1996: Danny Wuerffel
1993: Charlie Ward
1992: Gino Torretta
1990: Ty Detmer
1989: Andre Ware
1986: Vinny Testaverde
1984: Doug Flutie
--here there be running backs
1971: Pat Sullivan
1970: Jim Plunkett (sort of good, not really good)
1967: Gary Beban (who?)
1966: Steve Spurrier (hilarious coach, terrible NFL QB)
1964: John Huarte
1963: Staubach

Goddamn I didn't think it was that bleak.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Dec 2, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Alouicious posted:

breaking into people's houses to steal their prescription drugs is a hell of a thing

He was a volunteer QB coach at West Texas A&M a few years ago mainly so he could hit up the players for their drugs, dude has problems.

• Locked thread