Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Mike Brown didn't die, he was cloned and became a stormtrooper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

VelociBacon posted:

When did it become established that every new star wars movie needed a new configuration of lightsaber?

When people would not shut the gently caress up about Darth maul.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
The only thing I'm not all that crazy about is the soccer ball R2 unit. It just looks weird and won't make a good toy. Like I don't even get how it's supposed to function since the head is rattling around while it's rolling, yet it's supposed to be connected by magnets or some poo poo. Magnetic forces don't cause rattling.

The R2 Unit shape is too iconic to ever be replaced though so they're bound to make more figures of those.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Also that light saber with the weird hilt thingies, those aren't blades they're like exhaust ports. What you're seeing is the Nerd Sith Equivalent to overclocking. You see they made their lightsaber more powerful by amping up the crystals which distorts the blade slightly and to keep it working it's gotta expel excess energy. Because if it didn't it would explode.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Nov 28, 2014

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
The bad guy sith dude who looks like he's about to cut down a few white walkers beyond the wall, is apparently going to pretty much be the Sorceress from Diablo 3.

Meaning every time they're on screen you're going to see lights and explosions everywhere.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

mind the walrus posted:

The lightsaber thing was indeed retarded as gently caress but as someone who gave up on Star Wars around Episode II I'm more amused by the people bending over to try and excuse it as "just stupid silliness" because they can't bear to admit that even 1% of this trailer might be dumb.

It's actually an overclocked lightsbaer because early on jedi made a fuckton of different lightsabers and people just settled on the OT design because it was safer. That is the lore reason behind it.

The real reason is it's one from the prototype designs for the 1970's OT, back when poo poo looked like Buck Rodgers.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

TOILETLORD posted:

that doesn't make sense lore wise when all they did was change the crystals and power supply and lense to "overclock" it. I mean think how fast one of those exhaust things will get dinged in a fight .

You have people who still ride Swoop Bikes, swoop bikes are still more dangerous than light sabers.

Also nothing gets dinged in a light saber fight, things get cut off like a briss.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

ikanreed posted:

Yeah, it'll suck, but it'll suck the way most mass-market action/adventure movies suck: moderately.

The only type of action moves are mass market ones though.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I can't wait for Zombie Jabba to make an appearance and watch everyone lose their poo poo.

I love my dead gay hutt son.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Waltzing Along posted:

This thread is awful. Glad I have pyschomonkey on ignore still cuz that would have made it even worse.

Here's the trailer again because it should be in the OP or at least quoted on each page.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMOVFvcNfvE

Old style ships and poo poo is good.
CGI versions of them is bad.
Stupid lightsaber probably has Georgie boy cumming in his pants.

Episode 7 is really no different in how JJ Abrams managed both star trek movies.

Also why the hell do you want plastic models of ships exploding? Because they're going to explode and plastic spaceship models just never looked good exploding.

Episode 7 had actual sets built for it instead of Prequel trilogy's soundstage, this is the major factor people should be caring about. The sets actually give the actors something to react to and interact with instead of the dull surprise of being told how to react because nobody can see poo poo ever in green screen.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

I did not enjoy the Star Trek reboot,

Did you enjoy Nemesis?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

zen death robot posted:

Into Darkness was good

Yes I liked into Darkness too.

Would have liked a third but since we're getting three or more proper Star Wars movies I think I shall be satisfied.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Strange rear end Lightsbaers aside they put the proper V-Wing into Episode 7 so you're not stuck with those awful halfassed V-Wings which were not really V-Wings but a production error that was never corrected.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I want this movie to be better than Empire Strikes back just to watch all the life long fanatics poo poo themselves that we live in a post Empire Superiority World.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Darth Insanius sounds like an awesome alternative rap group lead name.

I'm imagining a 400lb black guy wearing a sailor moon mask introducing himself as Darth Insanius before dropping some sick beats on the stage and getting everyone going.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I want Solid Snake to be a Jedi Knight.

• Locked thread