Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
disney better hire who ever wrote the action scenes from clone wars for their movies. Also the dude who is in charge of the action scenes from arrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
i'm waiting to see what happened, since they said they had to do some rewrites and reshoots after harrison ford hosed his foot up.

I also want to see if they can out green screen lucas.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
hmm lovely trailer that did nothing, except show that they have star wars in a star wars movie.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
soccer ball droid in the beginning what was the point why evil person in evil space woods.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Doflamingo posted:

do you not get the point of a teaser you dumb bitch??

showing that things that are 30+ years old is in your movie isnt much of a teaser.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Robo Reagan posted:

That Falcon shot was cool gently caress you nerds you're not going to shut the gently caress up about the lightsaber until the movie comes out are you

hmm yes a 3d computer generated model with a funny camera angle behind it is what the falcon shot was, it looked like something stolen from michael bay.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

The Taint Reaper posted:

It's actually an overclocked lightsbaer because early on jedi made a fuckton of different lightsabers and people just settled on the OT design because it was safer. That is the lore reason behind it.

The real reason is it's one from the prototype designs for the 1970's OT, back when poo poo looked like Buck Rodgers.

that doesn't make sense lore wise when all they did was change the crystals and power supply and lense to "overclock" it. I mean think how fast one of those exhaust things will get dinged in a fight .

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

The Taint Reaper posted:

I can't wait for Zombie zero the hut to make an appearance and watch everyone lose their poo poo.

I love my dead gay hutt son.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
just wait for the poo poo storm of the new lead being a woman.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
wish they gave the villain an orange saber.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
we all know this is disney this movie isn't going to be about being good it's just going to be about getting as many iconic things on screen that they can monetize as merchandise. They saw how george lucas got rich.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Sokoban posted:

It's a cross-guard like they used to have on swords. What's the big loving deal? :shrug:

it can't guard against another light saber. It will just get cut through, the blade part of the guard will just be in the way.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

bobfather posted:

Nobody has said it yet, but in the KOTOR games there were Vibroblades that were basically ultrasonic, vibrating metal swords that could not be cut through with a light saber.

I could see the new light saber being a combination vibroblade and light saber. I think it's a good guess that it's either an ancient, unrefined weapon, or that it's a cobbled-together custom design.

I also like the idea of a multi-bladed saber being inherently dangerous for others to pick up and use, but not dangerous to the Sith that has trained extensively with it. How many Star Wars fights have involved one person or another dropping their light saber and then having it be used against them?

kotor is non cannon EU now so no it can't because those things no longer exist as per disney's orders.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Tarquinn posted:

Or just do this instead:

can't according to cannon now

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Daynab posted:

I think the animated clone wars series is still like the only non-movie canon thing and there was at least one duel with a vibroblade there.

nope, i have watched clone wars at least 6 times no vibrosword.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Daynab posted:

Talking about the new series for kids, wasn't there a mandalorian with a glowing black sword or something that obi-wan duels?

that was an old sith light saber. the closest you get is the weird club thing savage opress had.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Gutcruncher posted:

Savage Opress. Theres a character named Savage Opress.

darth mauls not brother.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
they should of just given the sith dude a light buster sword. would make more sense.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Entropic posted:

It's almost as if Lucas was making poo poo up as he went along.

i prefer the idea that his name was really O B 1 the generation and model number of a clone, and the real obiwan is dead.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
can't wait till future land gets turned into star wars land.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

FordPRefectLL posted:

disneyland is gonna own

all workers will have to dress as storm troopers or clones. They can bring back the old gun fighter show from frontierland and just make it star wars.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
someone got a link to that giant manifesto where a guy explains the first three movies are propaganda films created by the sky walkers

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Gutcruncher posted:

So why do I keep hearing people say that Stormtroopers are clones? Where in any of the films does it even suggest this? Even in the DVD cuts where they went out of their way to redub Boba Fett to sound like Jango Fett because hes a clone, they didnt redub the stormtroopers. Who started spreading this lie? The films themselves certainly didnt.

some old EU said that the early storm troopers were late batches of clones. It's why they were so lovely at shooting.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

redshirt posted:

So I'm assuming the black cloaked dude with the lame lightsaber IS the Force awakened, which in turn draws out a monastic Skywalker?

no the girl on the speeder is supposed to be hans daughter and a force senitive if rumors are correct. She is the one who has the force awaken, she is the main character i think.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

redshirt posted:

But it's his voiceover, is it not? Evil force dude.

yeah sith dude looking for apprentice.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Harime Nui posted:

I hope Bad Lightsaber Man dies so we don't have to see his bad lightsaber in Star Wars 8 and 9

well rumors say he is in 7 for maybe 10 mins at most, and he is just there to lead into the next movies.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
when do we get an office space star wars movie and it's just some storm troopers stuck in accounting.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Jackard posted:

How are you supposed to do bruce lee moves with those

Wrap them under your armpit and slice your arm off

still in the packaging someone needs to snip the middle piece

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Iamblikhos posted:

Any word on whether there are any LGBT characters in the new Star Wars movie?

who cares and probably not in any major role to protect profits.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Sweet Tea posted:

luke skywalker and c3po are gay everyone knows that

well luke had to say he was gay after nailing his sister.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
red vs blue remade with clone troopers a 6 hour long tv miniseries.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
will this be rated pg and have no real violence or nudity? Will it have at least 1 gently caress in it?

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

satanic splash-back posted:

i think its pg-13

pretty good for 13 year olds

so that means they can show tits once, say drat and poo poo up to what 10 times, and gently caress once, awesome.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Why were they called the clone wars, and not the CIS War or the Droid War? If they needed to flesh out a purposely vague "Clone War" mentioned offhandedly in the originals why not make the bad guys be the ones who use 10 year old slave soldiers instead of only semi-sapient robots. Or hell, make the war be about cloning. Like, somebody wanted to make clones but clones are illegal so they fought a war or something.

people need to remember that the original EU explanation before it got fixed by lucas was that the clones took a full 18 years to grow that's why the clone army was started in secret way before the clone wars. They had to get a first batch going and then enough going they could get new replacements every year.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Moridin920 posted:

Tits make it R

Because in America gratuitous violence is fine but sex is bad

no PG 13 allows tits once. They rate g rated movies now as PG-13.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
i can't wait till the black storm trooper toys sell the worst and he get replaced in the next movie like mac and dennis switching characters.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Elukka posted:

Kinda implied by the lightsaber being a weapon "for a more civilized age," which Obi-Wan personally used. Means times had to have been better in living memory.

well obi wan did go from warrior aristocrat, in an awesome temple fortress to living in a cave in the rear end end of no where.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

sexy young infidel posted:

he's obviously a rebel, has anybody mentioned this yet

aren't we all rebels in our own way?

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

We've already established that Tatooine is not the rear end end of nowhere and is in fact probably the second most significant planet next to Coruscant.

ok it's the detroit of the galaxy happy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

whatis posted:

why are you wondering that when the answer is obvious

who's worse gilbert godfrey or fran drescher

• Locked thread