Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

My unicycle is better than I ever hoped it could be :allears:

Also, maybe I'm just being pessimistic considering how this game turned out, but they did they really use the ending to make a "Jolly RogerDodger is flamboyantly gay so he painted their house pink" joke?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Soop
Feb 18, 2011

Bonsai Guy
My god that ending. :cripes:

Lame. Lame lame lame lame lame. So incredibly lame. Beyond incredibly lame.

I can't believe new Rare and MS ever did this to the series. Unforgivable.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
It's like they were aware the game would be badly received by fans and went on and did this game anyway. Maybe it was too late.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

Hi. I forgot your name. Whatever.
My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
You're obligated to find that last Jinjo with the unicycle. And then do the challenge with it.

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Wow, this game is loving garbage. That ending was basically a wet fart

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

majormonotone posted:

Wow, this game is loving garbage. That ending was basically a wet fart

You can almost see the writers just shrugging with "yeah I got nothing" expressions on their faces.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Evil Mastermind posted:

You can almost see the writers just shrugging with "yeah I got nothing" expressions on their faces.

It's hard to craft an ending when there are no stakes and no story at all. Everyone is back where they started, in large part because they never left and nothing of consequence happened.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
The part where Kazooie asks for her old moves back in case the game is a failure is very self aware.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing
Thanks for showing off this fun game!

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Kurtofan posted:

The part where Kazooie asks for her old moves back in case the game is a failure is very self aware.

All the characters stop what they're doing and look out of the screen at you very sadly.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Kurtofan posted:

Mumbo also predicts that this game will sink at retail in the boat tutorial, but that doesn't save it. Self awareness of a bad idea doesn't make it a good idea.

NejD
Oct 3, 2013

Mehuyael posted:

Thank you Dex and Vilemoon for going through it all. You two truly are the Flareon and Vaporeon of Let's Play.

someone with no moves and a wall?

Dex01
Apr 9, 2012

Our favourite game starring everyone's favourite green soldier.
Update!?

WE MISSED A JINJO AND WENT BACK FOR IT THERE IT'S DONE

P.S. WE'RE NOT DOING THE DLC

Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts Part 16.5: The Missing Jinjo [YouTube]/[Polsy]

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Dex please just LP Banjo K/T over and over

KalonZombie, when's your next stream? :D

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

please lp b-k grunty's revenge instead

Ozdhaka
Oct 20, 2012
I could go ahead and cover the DLC and spare Dex the pain, but unfortunately the earliest I'll have the time to cover that won't be for a good week and a half, once I've finished with finals and a convention I'm going to after those finals are done.

I can spare some time this weekend to cover the rest of the rest of Klungo's game, though!

Edward_Tohr
Aug 11, 2012

In lieu of meaningful text, I'm just going to mention I've been exploding all day and now it hurts to breathe, so I'm sure you all understand.
C'mon, Vilemoon.

"Suck my VNDLPenis."

FicusArt
Dec 27, 2014

Why would I draw dudes when I could be drawing literally anything else?
Oh gosh that was the ending this lp needed.

Hedrigall posted:

Dex please just LP Banjo K/T over and over

Clearly he should be doing Donkey Kong 64 next, for more Rare collectathon action

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Edward_Tohr posted:

C'mon, Vilemoon.

"Suck my VNDLPenis."

Also: Jordan coming in at the last second to have bad opinions was great.

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

Foul villain! I do not flee. I will never turn my back on you and run away!

[he says, running away]
That really was an oddly appropriate ending. Though I do still agree with JordanKai (Our New Mod and Savior) that I still liked this game, but that probably has to do with not 100%ing it.

(was Jordan there the whole time because that'd be kinda weird)

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

The DLC is not worth it.

I would not mind a chill, not 100% LP of BT or BK though. :3:

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

D&D 3.5 Book of Erotic Fantasy

Hedrigall posted:

KalonZombie, when's your next stream? :D

Whenever I can get these two chucklefucks to sit down with me again.

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING

Geostomp posted:

Mumbo also predicts that this game will sink at retail in the boat tutorial, but that doesn't save it. Self awareness of a bad idea doesn't make it a good idea.

Self-aware humor is great when you actually know what you're doing. Self-aware humor when you're just mugging for the camera going "LOOK I'M DOING THE THING AND I KNOW I'M DOING THE THING" and then you do the thing as though you never called attention to it is terrible and it makes me so mad. You see it a lot in super-tropey D-grade productions made by one guy who's convinced he's the next Tim Schafer (I'm lookin' at you Breath of Death 7) but as you can see bigger names aren't immune either.

Earnestly
Apr 24, 2010

Jazz hands!
ahem, I still see some notes left uncollected...

Pidmon
Mar 18, 2009

NO ONE risks painful injury on your GREEN SLIME GHOST POGO RIDE.

No one but YOU.

Earnestly posted:

That's tied in to the worst thing about this game:

There is a finite amount of notes in the game, which are used to get Jiggies from Dodger and a bunch of other poo poo, where if you spend every note you'll have like 10 left over.

But you can bribe the cops to stop hassling you for like 3 notes. So if you do it more than 3 times, you lock yourself out of content permanently.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Earnestly posted:

A lot of notes left uncollected since all the side stuff in Showdown Town gives you notes. He never even touched the Jinjo's that were in jail (or the Minjo's you throw in the cells in there place) because all they give is notes.

Also stuff left unbought.

But he's suffered enough I think. Strap Vile down Clockwork Orange style and make him do it. :v:

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

D&D 3.5 Book of Erotic Fantasy
Dex didn't show every single possible combination for vehicle building ever how can this be truly called a 100% LP?

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Getting a loving bin for the last thing you obtain in the game was perfect.

Also I hope your next project is something Good and Fun because you deserve it. Maybe a certain WiiU game involving treasure and a captain trying to find it? :v:

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
Thanks for doing this so I don't have to. I just finished 100 percent-ing Banjo Kazooie and in your honour I'll start on Banjo-Tooie as well, you beautiful bastards (if this seems uneven, you got me to buy a Wii-U with Super Mario 3D World, so you guys are alright).

e: nevermind, you've suffered enough.

ManlyGrunting fucked around with this message at 08:04 on May 14, 2015

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008

FicusArt posted:

Oh gosh that was the ending this lp needed.

Clearly he should be doing Donkey Kong 64 next, for more Rare collectathon action

I'm slightly curious how much fun this would be coming right after Nuts and Bolts. At least you collect things.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
So the Terrarium only has five acts when the rest of the levels have six? That seems like an odd design choice.

NothingToFyr
May 22, 2010
Klungo's game gets much more brutal, to the point of pixel-perfect jumping in the last level. It's really quite maddening.

As for doing the numerous other things that would actually make it a 100% run, I think you've been punished enough. Enjoy your rest, and see you next LP.

Have you decided on your next project yet, or are you going to take a break before tackling something else?

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING

bio347 posted:

So the Terrarium only has five acts when the rest of the levels have six? That seems like an odd design choice.

It bugs the piss out of me that you get 97 TT Trophies. One more than a multiple of four. You have three-quarters of a Jiggy that just never happen and it makes me mad because I am an idiot child. I wonder if those last three quarters are in an act six that never got made.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

97 is a nice, prime, number.

Houle
Oct 21, 2010
Thanks to this LP I decided to replay Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie. I don't remember Humba-Mumba flirting with Banjo prior to this. When you beat the game she is completely smitten... ? Also goes to show that they really wanted to origianlly make something until they were told, nope- Lego game. Given the amount of times where the game's NPCs badmouth the production it appears that there was no faith in it being successful - it probably has something to do with the game having something like 7 challenges that are repeated throughout the course of the game...

Spielmeister
Mar 31, 2014
The final rewards were a rust bucket and yet another vehicle with poo poo handling. That's perfect on so many levels.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Pidmon posted:

That's tied in to the worst thing about this game:

There is a finite amount of notes in the game, which are used to get Jiggies from Dodger and a bunch of other poo poo, where if you spend every note you'll have like 10 left over.

But you can bribe the cops to stop hassling you for like 3 notes. So if you do it more than 3 times, you lock yourself out of content permanently.

You're loving kidding. They just didn't give a gently caress about this game.

Ozdhaka
Oct 20, 2012
The DLC does grant another 120 notes of buffer room just in case you went slightly above. Go above that amount, though, and you're stuck in the same bullshit.

Course, once you get the laser, the feature becomes completely pointless.

NothingToFyr
May 22, 2010
Considering the things to spend notes on, like terrible hints from Bottles, or schematics you'll never use from Humba, I don't think there's much to actually care about. Once you buy all of the parts from Humba, the jiggies from Jolly Dodger, and the codes from Bottles, you've actually got a massive surplus you're wasting on stupid poo poo for the sake of having it regardless.

I honestly never knew you could spend notes to bribe cops, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008
It seems like, especially in the last stages of the game, the devs really wanted to go fully through with letting you know that even they loving hated this game. They hated having to make it, they hated it making GBS threads on something they cared about, and they did not try whatsoever and they wanted you to know. Just a trash bin abomination that Microsoft forced on them. It's not like any reviewers or QA people were going to bother making it that far anyways. A perfect ending for a perfect piece of poo poo.

• Locked thread