Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
You sequence broke wrong!

If you stand on top of something on top of the trolley, you can lift both yourself AND the Trolley up, as seen here. (if you knew this, I'll edit this out)

Also, did you not install the patch that increased the text size or did they just not do it high enough?

I like this game a lot, and the vehicle building is fun.

Senerio fucked around with this message at 10:09 on Dec 3, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Not that it mattered, but if I remember right, next to the L.O.G. Tractor is a second engine. They tend to have extra materials that are REALLY USEFUL in L.O.G.'s Choice Challenges.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Fwoderwick posted:

As an aside, the user submitted designs video from Rooreeloo's LP is still one of the finest things to come out of this forum and so if anyone has a link to it I'd be most grateful.

Sadly, the videos were all on Viddler, and he never finished it so it was never Archived. :(

E: and now I feel dumb for bringing up the flying mechanic.

Senerio fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Dec 3, 2014

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Cernunnos posted:

If you want to make moving Jiggies from the dispenser to the bank easier: Park in front of the dispenser with the tray on top of the symbol and then dispense. They should all end up in the tray... Should.

They do... 85 times out of 100, which is really good for this game.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
This game really is a lot of fun.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I love Logbox 720, because it's a great level. It's fun because it's a Vertically-Oriented level. I built a plane and flew all around it.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
By the way, Dex, you DO know you can use custom vehicles in the stages, even outside of missions, right? You don't have to use the basically useless trolley everywhere. I'm just asking because you seem to be avoiding using any flying machine in LOGBOX to save you a ton of frustration.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

TwistedSynapse posted:

This is kinda what I was saying as well, although I was trying to be polite about it :v:

Yeah, when I wrote it I didn't mean for it to come off so rude. I just reread it when you quoted it. Sorry, Dex. I'm an idiot more than a jerk.

I built an all-purpose exploration vehicle before, which was a car with folding wings and detachable floaters. It works really well.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
There's a multiplayer mode where you play Darts, with your car as the dart. If you use L.O.G.'s choice vehicle, it's a dart.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

FoolyCharged posted:

Honestly if the games gimmick and appeal is building stupid vehicles in stupid physics engine and going nuts with them. As long as the game forcing you to use it's special snowflake vehicles is as common as people have indicated, it's probably deserving of that scorn. And that's before the bait and switch marketing stuff that generates most of the dislike people seem to have.

If I remember right, it's about 1/15 or so missions that are required to be a LOG's choice mission. Those generally consist of Jinjo Taxis, and missions that could be trivialized with a pair of wings.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Dirk the Average posted:

I think that the biggest problem with this game is that you can't use your custom vehicles in the open world. I understand why they did it (so they could gate content behind trolley upgrades), but it ruins most of the joy of creating new vehicles when you're not allowed to play with them outside of the designated playing areas. At the very least, they should have let you have free vehicle choice for exploring levels, even if the main hub zone was locked to the trolley.

They do. You can build a giant dong and drive around with that everywhere BUT Showdown Town.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Wow, I forgot how many L.O.G.'s choice missions were in that area. The one helicopter mission was mostly there to say "oh by the way you really should use helicopters for this area" but the trolley that is good is great for getting around Logbox, so you beat the game to it.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I think the eggs are Terry's. If you go around and ask the help icons around the block they can point out whatever things you glossed over. Like Cheato

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I'm calling bullshit on the fact that you'd have cut this slack if it wasn't a Banjo game; you'd never have even played it. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
For almost every Jinjo challenge like the test of strength or the combat, you are facing the wrong way at the start. If you do it like Dex does it, you will always have an uphill battle, pun intended. Strength ones have a big wall or a tree ahead of you too!

• Locked thread