Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

unseenlibrarian posted:

The best houserule you can make for 7th sea is to just rule that 'if you spend a drama die on other things it converts immediately to XP' so you don't have to choose between "Can swash bucklers" and "Can improve stats"

And even then it's not great.
Hm. I wonder how a game where your drama dice/points/whatever were XP, but you had to spend them as the dice/point/whatever in order to convert them into XP would work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Baron Snow posted:

Ha! That sounds like Guardians of Order alright, I remeber BESM had a piece of Phantasy Star Online fan art in there, but I recongized the Viridia section ID.
Nah, this was after GoO died. They ripped out the art when they caught it and replaced it with new stuff.

For some reason the artist put the Excurcians in their art in green jackets. It was a little weird seeing them have a uniform.

Asymmetrikon posted:

I think that all of 3E was under Eos, not GoO (the tracing stuff was an early 3E issue, unless I'm misremembering something from 2E). The GoO stuff was like (as far as I remember) them basically making off with the money.
GoO had a bunch of their books, which they didn't own but were distributing, which they never gave back when they went under. I think to this day copies keep turning up on ebay for high prices and such.

Anyway second edition goes into detail on, among other things, Excrucian motivations and how they actually go about ripping parts of Creation away, which is something rather important to know. ( There's one particularly interesting sidebar excerpt from an in-setting book that points out that Creation has a limited number of ages... )

• Locked thread