Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
http://maintenance.mint.com/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!
enjoy your identity theft

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

dont know if these guys are good with computers

hrmery

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

is mint any better than ynab / whatever goon budgeting service

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

it records all of your transactions for maximal advertisement delivery

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

quote:

Mint makes unbiased recommendations for ways you can save on things like credit cards, home loans, and insurance.

:airquote:unbiased:airquote:

Series DD Funding
Nov 25, 2014

by exmarx

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

it doesn't set budgets for you and it's free. all it does is pull in all your transactions from various sources into a single spot which makes it easy to stay on top of things plus it highlights any unusual trends such as being charged a transaction fee on your 401k or w/e

it's usually p. dece but sometimes it can be really frustrating/buggy to work with.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
like sometimes it will arbitrarily decide that i didn't actually pay any money into my mutual funds and list my rate of return as %NaN or sometimes it will refuse to recognize my rent payment in my budget even though the transaction is right there and properly labelled and everything

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA

Necc0 posted:

it doesn't set budgets for you and it's free. all it does is pull in all your transactions from various sources into a single spot which makes it easy to stay on top of things plus it highlights any unusual trends such as being charged a transaction fee on your 401k or w/e

it's usually p. dece but sometimes it can be really frustrating/buggy to work with.

yeah its budgeting is p lovely actually and not intuitive, it's just a nice way to track spending

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

should i get ynab, i probably need a budget. i'm not good with money or saving and i don't make very much

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

Blackula69 posted:

should i get ynab, i probably need a budget. i'm not good with money or saving and i don't make very much

my weird old tip is to have direct deposit split into two bank accounts, one of which doesn't have a debit card or checks so it's really tough to get at that money

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

yeah I have an automatic withdrawal for savings but i feel like I never know how much money I have to spend. need to get a restaurant job again and never touch my account

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

Scroogled!

• Locked thread