Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
I'll be honest - I can't wait until we actually return to the main plot. I want to know more about The Conqueror, what David's hidden agenda is (or to learn if he even has one - I think he does, but also seems quite honest about his wishes for his land and people, so maybe not), if Rush and Elina will be reunited. Those sidequests are really massive and I can't imagine actually going through them all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
This video is the only thing I've seen of the game for a longest time, but I had never actually analysed it all that much, and my question is (and it'll surely be explained later) just what exactly is The Conqueror? He is known of, so the other lords must have met him already, but that was no mere brute strength, this was actual swordmanship. So he's inhumanly strong and fast in addition to being able to bound Remnants almost at will. Just where did this guy come from? Because as far as I can see - although he's not invincible - he's almost a one-man army, so I think he just wasn't interested in conquering before, because it seems he could've if if he would've. Does he just come around periodically to kill some people and then go away? What does he need all that power for, having already proven himself to be so powerful?

I think he's intriguing and I can't want to see more of him. Emma made a brilliant effort, but there was just no way for her to win and I actually like that - it makes the scene that much more powerful and her last stand heroic.

Szurumbur fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Apr 20, 2015

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
Is it possible not to meet Emmy during your travels, so that this scene is the first you see of her?

Also, is there are connection between Valeria Hearts and Vandal Hearts, an other important sword from an RPG, or is it only similarity in names?

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

Talking to her is optional, but she can appear in every city except Athlum and Ghor, so you'd have to be willfully ignoring her and her big red bubble. I'm not sure if she disappears if you leave the city without talking to her. I'd have to check that.

I don't know what the Vandal Heart thing is, but probably not.

Ignoring her would at least make the make the scene funny, like with Cait Sith, but what we got is just weak. Personally, I think they either shouldn't have a replacement or didn't make Emmy "Emma the second" - different name would be nice for a start, maybe a different type class? It'd make the change harder from the gameplay perspective, but this "How tragic that Emma is dead, here's her clone" is impressively bad.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
My answer to the poll: personally, I think short videos of new arts are better, unless the battle will be super interesting on its own. Also, would you be willing to make a video compilation of moves sometime in the future?

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

Do you mean a compilation of the normal moves, or just the special moves?

The answer is that I might possibly make a compilation of many of the normal moves, but I don't think I could do all the special moves. But fortunately, someone on youtube did make a compilation of the special moves (which I can't post yet for spoiler reasons).

It takes a long time to learn all the arts - even normal weapons have different arts for different types using different grips. Learning specials takes even longer. For the specials, I'd have to recruit and train some very specific generic leaders who have different weapon types. So the answer is maybe, after I'm done the main game content, simply for the sheer amount of time needed.

I've made a few recordings of fights versus rare monsters I've encountered while grinding, AND there's a bonus surprise fight.

I'd say both, but is someone already made a compilation, I'll wait patiently. I assume normal move is, say, the Quad Strike, and the special is something like the Omnistrike? I've played SaGa games before, so I know how hard it is gain new moves - whatever you scrounge up will suffice, it'll be more than I could get by myself anyway.

Szurumbur fucked around with this message at 13:31 on Jun 30, 2015

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
How big of a disadvantage would you be putting yourself into by not grinding those materials/not upgrading your allies' weapons? Would it make the game much harder and it expects you to do it?

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
The most important remnant is friendship and believing in yourself and the power of the heart.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

Onmi posted:

It's shocking how many poor decisions this game will let you make.

It's as it should be, as long as it's actually playable and winnable I don't think the player should be barred from making bad decisions, although it's nice if the game presents what actually affected an outcome.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
Finally The Conqueror returns!

The Conqueror walks away because Irina has awakened, and he wants her help for something - and since he knows she cares about Rush he's not going to risk permanently losing her potentially willing help. Plus, since he's some kind of a Remnant-related being I wouldn't be surprised if she can exert some kind of influence on him.

Also, I hope that whatever boss fights with The Conqueror we'll end up having will all be unwinnable and mostly about surviving or making him bored with the party - barring some bullshit plot-related power downgrade he simply shouldn't be beatable.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
It's probably intentional, but so far the game has given an impression that The Conqueror would be at least sympathetic towards Irina, who had probably counted on that and asked him to cease his conquering, but he wasn't interested. It's refreshing, really - he isn't interested in talking, he acts and if you're not in his way, then he doesn't care. Actually, I'd forgotten about that and was counting on his being nice to Irina, too - obviously forgetting his true nature. He still didn't kill her, though, and one would think that that would Rush's "awakening", whatever that is, come about surer, if kicking Irina's rear end was supposed to help achieve that.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

booksnake posted:

Well, they're called Remnants, so I'd really have to go with "mad science of a past civilization" even if that might be a bit cliche

Pretty weird comment by Ghor, on that note. It's wrong on principle to want to create Remnants...? Why does wanting to make a Remnant make you a fool? It's not like they're all rear end in a top hat types like the sword.

Maybe it's like the old adage about seeking power because you think you deserve it - Remnants offer a solid power boost and there's no check procedure, making of this sword is like creating yourself a nuke in the game's world. Or maybe he's an elitist and doesn't believe that anyone who didn't inherit a Remnant is up to the task.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
I hope one of the effects of completing The Fallen sidequest is enemies in the final area and/or the final boss just admitting that they simply can't compete with this level of power and giving up. Or that not doing it would amount to The Conqueror would end up fighting The Fallen and you'd get to watch, that'd be cool.

Of course, we shall see.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
Maybe she just didn't care for her parents

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

Remember kids, friends don't let friends post about anime.

You are playing an anime, there's no return now.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

Onmi posted:

Oh, and as an aside, it's now I would like to remind people that the Conqueror was planned to have his own playable story mode. And that the final room in under the Underwalt is visually the mirror of the Sacred Lands

a Black room with a Red throne and a White room with a Blue... boat?

It looks like a cradle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
That's good news, although not cheating your way out is real bushido

• Locked thread