Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheOtherGypsy
Apr 6, 2004
Deployment Talk:

1:1 ratio for the past year. Deployed for 70 days, then home for 70 days, then right back out again for another 70, and repeat. Being home also means that you can go dick around in Alaska for a month or hang in the Pacific for a week.

But I'm a pilot and I'm not complaining because we never complain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

invision
Mar 2, 2009

I DIDN'T GET ENOUGH RAPE LAST TIME, MAY I HAVE SOME MORE?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFrnzOdSdIA

Rekinom
Jan 26, 2006

~ shady midair gas hustler ~

~ good hair ~

~ colt 45 ~

Godholio posted:

Yeah it was great. But it disappeared a few years ago. Keep in mind that being not-deployed doesn't mean you're home. You've still got TDYs and training to go through, which might put you in rear end in a top hat, AZ for a few weeks here, Nellis for a few weeks there, then 8 weeks in Alabama, etc. My favorite is how during the four months prior to deployment (spin-up) we weren't allowed to take leave. Then four or five months deployed, then an immediate three week TDY followed by seven months in a training program that doesn't allow leave. Graduate, then "You're a month behind your crew in spin-up." Deploy for five months, then ANOTHER no-leave training program (over 270 days long), then back into spin-up. Etc.

Edit: Actually nurses go through COT, which is the easier version of OTS (COT is healthcare professionals, lawyers, and chaplains, BOT is everyone else). So your rank would depend on your career experience. If you're a new nurse, you'll be an O-1 or O-1E.

This is a cautionary tale. You flood your leadership's email inboxes with leave requests, and MAKE them deny it. Then, you document very single denial, and file an IG complaint. Bam, leave approved. Sure you get on leadership's bad side, but if looking good to the people in charge is that important to you, then you can only blame yourself from that point on.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
While I agree and told the same to my guys, it wouldn't have helped me during those two years. We were considered TDY to the FTU for upgrade training and complaints about their leave policy didn't change anything. Same results as when the AF forced everyone to sign new ADSCs because they had screwed up a few years earlier.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Dec 31, 2014

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you

Best comment:

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd
Truly, we all suck

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you

iyaayas01 posted:

Truly, we all suck

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

I can't watch that for more than like 5 seconds

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

At last, someone with their finger on the pulse of the Air Force.

Also, 2015 posting in the 2014 thread. :toot:

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice
New thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001
I'd join back in as an officer in a heart beat if there were a way. Or enlisted if I started no lower than E-5.

I give no fucks what AFSC either. I guarantee my next 4-6 years would own like a mother compared to yours if I could only do it all over again with the knowledge I have today.

:3:

poo poo if any of you retards really is thinking about joining I feel like we need our yearly break talk session on so's and donts for having agoid USAF time,

I believe current AD sentiment is don't join. I can cheer lead for team blue for some fields and situations though.

• Locked thread