Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

I remember Pet Sematary being pretty good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?

I wonder if I'd be less allergic to it. Regular degular THC gummies give me hives for a day or so and it sucks.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

Speaking of Kelsey Grammer, is Boss any good? I've never seen anyone talk about it so my guess is no.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

SkeletonHero posted:

There are hypoallergenic breeds of both. There are no excuses.

But are there hyperallergenic breeds? I want to weed out those histamine-infested chumps from my life.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

explosivo posted:

Chris with the unbelievable Gollum impression out of nowhere

He used to be my least favorite but boy howdy has he stepped up his game the last couple of years to the point that only Eric is funnier now.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

Say what you will about Nothing But Trouble but Demi Moore has never been hotter than she is in this movie

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

BiggerBoat posted:

I never heard of "Nothing But Trouble" but learning about it now I'm trying to figure out...like, what were they going for there?

Realtalk: 13 year old me and my best friend LOVED that movie. I think gross-out humor appeals to the pre-teen boy demo, like 11-13 year olds. Granted that's a pretty narrow audience to target.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

Really hoping Cabin wins the Movie Trailer Game again and the past episode movie he chooses to revisit is Nothing But Trouble. I feel like there would be an outright mutiny.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

The Deleter posted:

The Batman is the first superhero movie in a while with an ounce of artistic intent in its shots and colour schemes or indeed anything. The Ridder stuff is gonna age like milk (and probably already has) but those shots of Batman wading though the water with the flare are six million times better than any Marvel pap.

Spiderverse?

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

Really wanted to request Love Potion #9 -- a movie with a young and sizzling hot Sandra Bullock, a young and smoking hot Taste Donovan, a script with some cute moments and some laughs, and the most insane plot ever: "what if you could date rape anyone and everyone you ever wanted to? Wouldn't that be cool?"

But it's not streaming anywhere, likely for that very reason. The 90s, man. Crazy stuff.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

What's the first appearance of the Hobbit Vomit sound? The whm wiki just lists it as a running joke but no specific page for it.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

The WLM episodes remind me of a Chris Farley bit on SNL where he was a regular guy interviewing a famous person.

CF: "H-hi Paul McCartney. Remember, remember when you were in the Beatles?"

PM: Em, yeah

CF: ".... that was cool"

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

I agree with most of the WHM crew that Raiders is the better movie but Last Crusade is the most fun and my favorite.

And re: Sean Connery being 12 years older than Harrison Ford, I don't know if it's a generational thing or a Connery thing but he's always looked older than his age (while still being absurdly handsome). My wife and I started watching the Bond films from the beginning and we were both shocked that he was 31 or 32 when filming Dr. No. He looks a decade older. No sunscreen + smoking is a helluva combo.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

I agree with the WHM crew about movies way more than the other movie podcast I listen to, Blank Check. And they're more directly connected to the industry but their views are often just bizarre. Ask me for specifics and I'll have none to give you, just something I've noticed over the years.

Oh wait, I remember one. Both of the Blank Check guys thought Brad Pitt's performance at the end of Se7en during "that scene" was amazing. Imo, I see what he was going for but he really didn't hit the mark and even on my first viewing in the theater it felt really substandard. Pretty sure the WHM guys have said the same.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

Bip Roberts posted:

I've always thought that Things to do in Denver when you're dead would make a great episode. It's definitely a bad movie but it has a loaded cast and is a great representation of the post pulp fiction movies

Lucky Number Slevin is an even better / worse example. I should submit it.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

I asked in the Stupid Questions thread as well, but you know the Dan Akroyd impression they do, with that nasal "nyah nyah nyah" sound? What is the origin of that sound, why is that associated with Dan Akroyd?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

Rageaholic posted:

They announced on OSL that April's theme is going to be Sheenpril. All Charlie Sheen movies.

You can't just portmanteau any two random words and expect it to work. For shame, We Hate Movies Podcast.