Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Also make sure you checked out their bandcamp page for some extra shows like the animation damnation series.

Krang giving the Shredder a shotgun to kill the turtles is probably my favorite bit they have done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vakal
May 11, 2008
The episode on She's All That is average at best, but a certain event that happened shortly after they recorded it makes it an interesting listen.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

DrVenkman posted:

Also, there's been a fair few movies I've not seen that they've covered and I don't feel like I've missed anything.

I've even went out of my way to track down some of the obscure movies since they've made them sound great.

The most notable one being Pray for Death.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

MisterBibs posted:

Does anyone know of a working mirror for the show's Jack Frost episode?

https://ia600800.us.archive.org/33/items/ASideOrderOfSleaze-JackFrost/JackFrostSleaze.mp3

Save the file locally instead of streaming and it should work.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

precision posted:

Now I just have to watch the actual movie :suicide:

I seen in was on tv not long ago so out of morbid curiously I checked it out.

It's just as skeevy and uncomfortable as they said.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Speculating on the next Animation Damnation episode, the obvious pairing with Space Jam would be that awful Lunatics Unleashed series, but I hope they stick to the sports/animal theme and go with the Mighty Ducks cartoon.

Or hell, go all the way right into Mutant League

Vakal fucked around with this message at 03:08 on May 27, 2015

Vakal
May 11, 2008

weekly font posted:

Wayne's World at the end guarantees you'll die before you see a good movie.

But wait, it turns out the tape was mislabeled and you actually end up watching Chris Kattan's Corky Romano.

Twilight Zoned!

Vakal
May 11, 2008

BlameSpacePod posted:

I disagree!

Okay, SA only WHM hype machine post: BIOOS fans will get a kick out of WHM next week.

Please let it be Spaced Invaders.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
I have my request lined up and ready to go for this year.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Fezz posted:

I remember it fondly but I'm sure it's terrible in the cold light of adulthood.

Yeah, the droids cartoon was kind of awful, but the opening theme was all sorts of kick rear end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7XCe2XorcY

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Ror posted:

Ooh, that a fun choice. Predator 2 definitely has more stuff going on to joke about than the first, but it's missing a couple of wonderful voices. Hopefully Jesse Ventura swings by to comment on Danny Glover's performance (and whether or not he's being a slack-jawed so-and-so).

I have it on good authority that the Predator is probably Secundus.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Re: Belts making for the chosen one in D&D

If belts of Hill Giant strength really existed, I would wrap every square inch of myself in them as well and then go punch a dragon to death with my bare hands.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
The Cable Guy was a disappointment at the time due to Jim Carrey being like the highest paid actor everyone having high standards for his next movie.

Carrey has done enough crap since then to lower that bar considerably and now people can enjoy it for what it is.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Angry_Ed posted:

The main villain also bites it visibly on screen by falling from a high height and slamming headfirst into a large tree root. Antz is oddly brutal.

Also the Wasp's wife getting smashed by a fly swatter.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
What was the name of the prospector super hero character they made up awhile back?

Vakal
May 11, 2008

800peepee51doodoo posted:

Dug through Eric's twitter and found out they are playing like 2 blocks from my house on my birthday :woop:

Make sure you get front row seats so you get spit on by Steve.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

On tv lately there has been an commercial for Oikos yogurt and the guy in it looks like Steve's more attractive doppelganger.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIa_nwwbrj0

Vakal
May 11, 2008
i think the problem with making a movie based on a property aimed at kids is time.

You basically have a year, maybe two tops before the kids age out and move onto something else.

So whatever you make has to be made fast, and preferable cheap. So no going out of your way to hire a martial artist to teach a bunch of middle grade actors how to throw a convincing punch on screen.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Yaws posted:

Between their constant talk of hangover movies and tall glasses of water these fellas like to get F'd up

I've always wondered how they procure their drugs.

I'm not up on the current state of New York drug culture. Does Steve have to cruise the back alleys of New York for dealers or can you just use an app like SkipTheDishes to get someone to hand deliver the stuff?

Vakal
May 11, 2008

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

This is literally something you are not allowed to discuss on SA ever

Like, period, even as far as saying what prices in your area look like

It's fine, I'm Canadian.

By this time next year we'll be able to buy the stuff in our grocery stores.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

I thought Love Guru was on their "don't even bother requesting this" list?

When is listener request month usually anyway? I have some doozyies I want to call in.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Evil Mastermind posted:

At what point did it tip over into the weird-rear end torture maze stuff?

When they tried to crank out a new movie every year in order to cash in while the series was hot.

So any sort of intriguing plot and character development became secondary to the crazy death traps that could be farmed out to multiple design groups and then easily cobbled together to make a movie.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

RobotDogPolice posted:

Watched Pet Sematary 2 recently, followed by the WHM episode. What a weird little sequel. The movie sets up Edward Furlong as the main character but a good chunk of the runtime is dedicated to the other kid and his family, then he just dies and it's back to Furlong.

"Ok, we have a long day of shooting planned Mr. Furlong."

*opens the door to Eddie's trailer and looks inside*

"Aw gently caress. Fine, I guess we're going with that other kid again for today."

Vakal
May 11, 2008

well why not posted:

Eric makes more sense if you remember Andrew described him as a GoT wilding.

In the first season of The Last Kingdom, there was an actor that played one of the viking chieftains that could possibly be Eric's father.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

CARL MARK FORCE IV posted:

I rewatched it recently.
It's grimy and miserable and looks cheap, digital & washed out (really similar look to Inland Empire, oddly), but it's so fuckin good.
Does the ol' Prestige Cop Drama/Tarantino bait n' switch of tricking the viewer into cheering the protagonist's wanton violence, then ramping it up until you're horrified that you were rooting for the dude 15 minutes ago, but w/ a subtlety and brutality that none of the above have really touched.
Also dig the alcoholic fever dream pacing and the ludicrously baroque plot.
Watch Man On Fire.

It's also worth watching to relive the days when everyone thought Dakota Fanning was going to rule Hollywood before she drop off of the face of the earth.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

DoubleCakes posted:

He looks as crazed as I'd expect-- wonderful!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51B-sXtV_6g

Vakal
May 11, 2008

BlameSpacePod posted:

Thanks for listening,
Eric

P.S. I wish we could do the Nexus weekly, which is a goal if this Patreon thing goes well...
My plan B is to get a horse, live in the mountains, and don't bother anybody.

Don't worry Eric, if I ever win the lottery I promise I will pay you to be my personal boy toy and you'll be set for life.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

duz posted:

It was on TBS so much, I ended up having multiple copies recorded.

I had all three OT movies jammed onto one VHS using the SLP recording mode.

The video quality was predictably horrid but as a kid I never cared about poo poo like the.

Edit: Unless it was a VHS with boobers in it. Then you want that on SP mode so the tracking lines were reduced during pausing and slow mode.

Vakal fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Jan 13, 2018

Vakal
May 11, 2008
What is the closing date for the call in requests?

Vakal
May 11, 2008
I wanted to suggest the one episode of the Fox Fantastic Four cartoon where Ghost Rider comes out of nowhere to save the earth from Galactus, but I couldn't find a link for the full episode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hx8ob0BAkOs

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Hopefully they put up the right number or some poor soul is going to be very confused.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

The Vosgian Beast posted:

I haven't seen it since I was a kid, but I did watch a few episodes of the X-Men animated series, and man does that have no value whatsoever if you weren't marketed into liking it back in the day

It had its moments, mostly in the form of Apocalypse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYt78FWfa5M

Vakal
May 11, 2008
The Film Sack is the only other movie podcast that I can stand to listen to, but even then only in small doses.

http://filmsack.com

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Wasn't there also a cartoon that was basically just Hulk Hogan driving around in the Bigfoot monster truck?

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Calaveron posted:

You drank cat poo poo coffee

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Bringing out the Dead is something else as well.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Fart City posted:

I appreciate his service in Vietnam, admire him for creating the Smiley Face icon, and think his shrimp company is pretty good.

In the book it makes a point to explain that he has a giant penis as well.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Who the gently caress names a female dog Marty?

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Jerk McJerkface posted:

For some reason I can't get over how much Eric sounds like he's the only one with a beard when infact he's the only one without one.

Cabin had a big beard during their last live video a month ago. But by the look of it I think it had to be taken to the vet to be put down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vakal
May 11, 2008

I'm the same age as Jupin and whenever I see him I can't get over how fast the rate his hair is going grey at.