Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

precision posted:

Oh awesome, I was just lamenting how I was out of How Did This Get Made episodes to listen to. These guys are solid.

I honestly think that WHM is overall better than HDTGM. Mostly because they take the time to breakdown the movies for those of use who haven't seen them. They also seem more focused and gel better, because they're a bunch of old friends getting together to talk about lovely movies.

I'm still mad at myself for missing their Chicago show a few months back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

SilentChaz posted:

Both WHM and HDTGM did episodes on Easy Rider 2. The WHM episode was hilarious and I could follow the plot of the movie without having to see it myself. The HDTGM episode was an incoherent mess.

Sometimes this works with movies on HDTGM, but not so much with Easy Rider 2.

I felt the same way about HDTGM's take on LOL last week. I still have no Earthly idea what that movie is even about. I will say that the episode on Temptation is a must listen.

exquisite tea posted:

This is a very funny podcast, and I normally don't like these kinds of podcasts. The Butterfly Effect episode is great, nobody gives that movie enough poo poo.

That might be my favorite episode of any podcast ever.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I think your girlfriend might be on a watchlist after buying that DVD.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Bolek posted:

Apparently some rear end in a top hat decided to dox them sometime last year so the show is over, but luckily every episode has been archived and should be available. The show has a bunch of inside jokes and only gets funnier the more you listen however I just jumped in the middle and started with movies I wanted to hear about and wasn't disappointed. Any eps after about 30 you should be good. Highly recommended.

Wait, that's why they suddenly closed up shop out of nowhere? What's the story behind that?

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Every product advertised on podcasts seems to be aimed at hipster agoraphobes.

Wait, you mean there's something weird about having random socks mailed to you every month?

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
Good news everybody!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOiJY0j0iq8

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I like June Diane Raphael.

I like everyone , but I wish they could focus better. For example compare their episode on Con-Air to WHM's Face/Off. The HTDGM crew manages to talk for over an hour and barely gives you any indication what the movie is about or even talk about the characters in it. I really wish they wouldn't jump around so much and spend less time harping on these weird tangents that go on forever.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Evil Mastermind posted:

Loverboy was one of those movies that was on heavy rotation on Cinemax in the late 80s/very early 90s.

Basically you could turn on Cinemax at any point in that era and have a 50% chance of getting an 80's sex comedy with an animated opening.

I remember watching bits and pieces of Loverboy as a kid just hoping against hoped I'd see a boob. Even as a 7 year old perv I was creeped out by it.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
It's not that crazy that some people don't remember Pro Stars. It's a flash in the pan show on the network with the weakest Saturday line up. Honestly, the only NBC cartoons I remember are Pro Stars and Wish Kid and I'm 31.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Sleeveless posted:

Even if you aren't a child of the 80s/90s, weird cartoon series based on real-life sports figures and musicians kept going well into the 00s. At one point the Backstreet Boys had a cartoon where they were superheroes, Andre 3000 was leading a team of teenagers, and just last year Scooby-Doo teamed up with John Cena.

Wait, the Backstreet Boys really did have a cartoon? I remember the Burger King toys they had of them as heroes but never knew it was based on a real show.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Scratchman Apoo posted:

I want to call in Amazing Spider Man 2 with a caveat that comic book expert Steve Sadjak is present and accounted for during the discussion.

It's probably not ASM2, but I remember someone said it was a stay tuned episode.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
The craziest thing to me about the movie is the fact that it came out after the year 1996. Who was banking on the star power of Dana Carvey in the year 2002?

Sleeveless posted:

-the main character has a fetish for giant butts because they remind him of his mom's butt. This is explicitly stated multiple times and is a plot point. In one of the aforementioned deleted scenes he has to fight a squad of women in skintight dresses who shake their giant asses at him as a form of attack.

Ok, you got me I'm hitting up Netflix right now.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I always want to call in a movie but never do. I just think there's so many rolling around in my head to choose from that I can't settle on one. My current draft pic is this gem from my childhood days of watching late night Cinemax hoping to see a boob:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSbk9Vn5eCU

BigRed0427 posted:

I know it might be an obvious target for them, but I really wish they do Man of Steel.

I forget, is that on their list of films they won't do?

I just listened to their on screen episode about BVS and it got me itching for more.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Evil Mastermind posted:

I kinda want them to do this one just so I can hear their reaction to Seth Green's hairdo.

The movie also features Alfonso Ribeiro as a straight up gangsta from Compton. He manages to be less threatening than he is playing Carlton.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
So an episode of How Did This Get Made?

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I'm glad that I'm finally not the only one who thinks Wentworth Miller is terrible on the Flash.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Vakal posted:

I have my request lined up and ready to go for this year.

gently caress, that's the movie I originally wanted to request and forgot about. They have to do this movie just so I can hear their take on that horrible horrible sex scene on the trampoline.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Gyges posted:

Having not seen Stealth I wondered just what pants Jessica Biel was wearing to find the Male Gaze at 10,000 feet. Skimming through the movie on youtube I find that her North Korea pants look tighter than her pants in Blade 3. Amazing.

Man, why are there so many fake copies of Stealth on Youtube? Even weirder most of them were uploaded in the last week.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
The guys are 31/32 and like me would have been about 16 when the anime exploded in 99. I can say for a fact no one wanted to be the known as the guy watching PokemonI'm high school. That's the type of poo poo you keep deep in the closet.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
The Huey, Duey, and Lewis impersonations during the last AD had me laughing like a lunatic. Totally caught me off guard.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Gyges posted:

How can you get cranky over Matrix Revolutions? Its not a good movie by pretty much any metric.

I've seen people on this very sub forum defend far worse movies. I honestly assumed people around here were going to trip over each other defending Revolutions and how it's so deep and meaningful and the crew just don't understand.

Squallege posted:

Holy poo poo those Huey, Dewey, and Louie impressions almost killed me yesterday

I re-listened to that in the car the other day so my gf could hear and nearly crashed because I was laughing so hard at that part.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I still can't believe people were upset about them doing a commentary track on Sucker punch of all movies.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I listened to it with headphones on while walking the dog and it sounded fine to me. Obviously not as good as in studio episodes, but it was still perfectly fine audio.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
After re-listening to the episode I do notice it now, but it's really not something that ruins the episode at all.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
Just skip the ads.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
Be honest guys, who else spent way too much time reading Wikipedia articles on MK characters? In my defense I hadn't played a game since 4 and wanted to know what the hell was going on when the remake came out a few years ago.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Rincewind posted:

I really enjoyed Andrew's attempt at emulating how KIDS THESE DAYS talk.

i'm wicked thirsty

That might be the single whitest moment of the show so far.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

DoombatINC posted:

I didn't call in Christmas Do Over, either. I wrote out a pitch for it, and actually got a far as punching the number into my phone, but then I felt guilty because they did one of mine already and there's other people that have called several times and haven't been picked yet :ohdear:

Which episode was that?

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Is this movie worth seeing for myself before I listen to the episode?

I probably saw that movie ten times as a kid and didn't even remember it until half way through the episode.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I think HDTGM works much better in the studio than the live episodes. They spend so much time playing to the audience during live shows that they barely cover things that happen in the movies or they get stuck on a tangent and beat it into the ground.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Wake_N_Bake posted:

I only hope they have another custom intro. That October one was THE poo poo.

Unfortunately, they only do custom intros for the Halloween season.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Sleeveless posted:

By sheer coincidence, Redlettermedia did Killer Workout in their newest Best of the Worst special:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mA5f86pD7o4&t=1672s

I'm not really a big fan of them but it's fun to actually see some footage.

I was watching this last night and when the workout footage came up all I could hear in my head was the voice of Martin J Cinemax the third. They weren't kidding about how graphic those were.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

ravenkult posted:

The worst thing about The Flophouse is that the actual movie talk is like 20 minutes. I get it, it's jokes, but at that point just do a comedy podcast or something, you're completely ignoring the movie.

It doesn't help that sometimes the mail bag can be longer than the actual movie section.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
Andrew was on the news: [url]https://www.facebook.com/CTVNewsChannel/videos/983809791680352/?fref=nf[/url

He sounds so different here that I wouldn't have known it was him if I just caught this on the air.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Weird Sandwich posted:

Well for a while I thought they were just talking about alcohol, it made enough sense in context.

Yeah, that's what I always thought they meant as well.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I know AD already covered Sonic the Hedgehog, but I just came across this the other day on Netflix and it must be talked about!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyGjgOwZo1M

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Hockles posted:

Random question: What is the story behind "clink clink clink"

Or, what movie did it spawn so I can learn myself?

Listen to butterfly effect.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I remember being pumped for Robocop with a jet pack as a kid, only to be bored to tears when I actually saw it. How do you make Robocop versus ninja cyborgs boring?

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Hockles posted:

I literally have never heard of Russell Madness

A few months back, I watched most of it on Netflix. It's terrible, but it features a tiny dog chocking a full grown man out. So it will always have a place in my heart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Dapper_Swindler posted:

heh. sounds amusing. I like when they talk about kids movies, because they always go for the hosed up jokes.

That's probably the highlight of the entire movie and it happens in the first half hour. I wanted more of that cute puppy putting roided up dudes in impossible wrestling moves!