Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

how do you express your powerlevel in public?

do you totally suppress it (no one can `see' youre a gamer) or do you let it ring out subtly ?

i prefer the subtle aspect. you end up meeting some cool people and avoid the sperglords who actually dont play video games. it seems that the more a person tries to display their powerlevel, the lower the powerlevel they have.

heres some examples:

(if you dunno this game u r a faget)

drat this one is good as gently caress wish i new where 2 cop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008
Play it loud, gamer.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

I like the subtle but tasteful approach. I'm a gamer and I'm drat proud of it, but I don't want to intimidate any gamers who aren't as open.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial
I wear a team liquid tshirt sometimes but I'm getting too fat for it

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

:gowron::m10:
I used to own a few Game Shirts but purged almost all my graphic tees a few years back and haven't regretted it but am open to good looking ones if I can find them

One of my pals owns+wears a gray shirt that has the NCR flag on it which is neat because it could pass as a "ha ha mutant futures" sort of thing even if you've never Fallouted

A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

I have a shirt with Vault Boy on it, but I don't wear it very often if ever OP.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
I have several Ecco the Dolphin shirts that I wear a lot because I want other people to know that I like dolphins and games with dolphins

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

DolphinCop posted:

I have several Ecco the Dolphin shirts that I wear a lot because I want other people to know that I like dolphins and games with dolphins

you want to suck off a dolphin

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

LaTex Fetish posted:

(if you dunno this game u r a faget)

nice

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

gaming shirts i own

theyre pretty much all i ever wear unless i go to a bar because theyre comfy as hell and ive gotta represent

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

lmao

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

Bobnumerotres posted:

gaming shirts i own

theyre pretty much all i ever wear unless i go to a bar because theyre comfy as hell and ive gotta represent

drat bud i really like all of these except the masseffect one but to each their own.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Half the time people don't know what the hell an N7 is or hadoken but I wear it to let other people know that when I'm wearing my New California republic hat we play for the same team sort of speak.

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

BERGfu posted:

Half the time people don't know what the hell an N7 is or hadoken but I wear it to let other people know that when I'm wearing my New California republic hat we play for the same team sort of speak.

so you're being subtle while still drawing in the greater gaming crowd. nice technique, i like it

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
There was a guy at my community college who wore a Teemo hat and he talked to most people and nobody remembered his name so he was Teemo Hat Guy

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

LaTex Fetish posted:

drat bud i really like all of these except the masseffect one but to each their own.

i love that ME shirt but yeah it is pretty obnoxious also bioware

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I don't wear tons of gaming poo poo, but like I have a Planetside 2 hoodie that I'll wear when its cold

or like a legend of zelda tee

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay
I have the hotline miami jacket. I got it for a halloween costume, but it also works as Just A Jacket.

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

Schnedwob posted:

I have the hotline miami jacket. I got it for a halloween costume, but it also works as Just A Jacket.

these are the best type imo. like, stylish but still functional. some clothes i have i can really only wear out to some nerdy rear end get togethers

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Schnedwob posted:

that seems like its a really baller idea

can you get those online

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
Right now im wearing a shirt of Earthbound PSI

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

bonzibuddy64 posted:

Right now im wearing a shirt of Earthbound PSI

pics or gtfo

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Eonwe posted:

can you get those online

isn't it just a varisty jacket or does it have like the logo on the back?

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

BERGfu posted:

hopefully no logo. i'm a firm believer of "no-go when I see a logo"

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i wish i had more subtle gaming shirts. like something with a screw attack symbol on it, that, to some loving normie ill probably stick my dick into, means nothing. but to a gamer, they will know i am an ally

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

Eonwe posted:

can you get those online

site says the design is retired, but they might bring it back idk https://www.insertcoinclothing.com/jackets/jacket.html

BERGfu posted:

LaTex Fetish posted:

hopefully no logo. i'm a firm believer of "no-go when I see a logo"

No logo, other than the little one on the tag. I like it because people think i am a jock when in actuality i am a sophisticated Gamer

Undersea Magic
Dec 16, 2006

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

how do i downvote this post ?

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay
the only thing worse than Epic Gamer Apparel is MOBA poo poo

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Schnedwob posted:

the only thing worse than Epic Gamer Apparel is MOBA poo poo

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i dont

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
I think I got rid of all my old gaming shirts. I still have a Star Wars Imperial Insignia shirt but nothing explicitly gamey.

I still have a ton of gaming related boxers.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

the only acceptable choice

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i wear this one, OP

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Countblanc posted:

i wear this one, OP

where can i buy this

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

Countblanc posted:

i wear this one, OP

drat this is kawaii as gently caress. really good taste imo

Bobnumerotres posted:

where can i buy this

looks like uniqlo to me

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
its uniqlo but i dont think they carry it anymore, i bought it last year during their big MH3 tie in. i also bought a pair of underwear that had the MH cat head on it that says "I <3 MH" ont he rear end

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
I have a Brink shirt

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Countblanc posted:

its uniqlo but i dont think they carry it anymore, i bought it last year during their big MH3 tie in. i also bought a pair of underwear that had the MH cat head on it that says "I <3 MH" ont he rear end

yeah ive searched and cant find it. god drat that's a sick shirt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.
I have a World of Warcraft hat I received as a gift, but only wear it to mow the lawn.

• Locked thread