Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

"The beautiful story of one slice of bread's epic and emotional journey as it embarks upon a quest to become toasted. As you delve deeper and deeper into the story of 'I am Bread', you'll notice that things aren't quite what they seem...."

What the fcuk is this?
From the same creators of Surgeon Simulator here comes their newest weird game, "I am Bread", in which, you are a bread. I think it is easier to watch this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDE4rsLVB9A

What's the gameplay like?
Well as of this post I haven't played the game yet, so here's a Steam review that explains it: "Rather tricky, but very fun. You use 1,2,3,4 to 'grab' onto a surface, then you swing yourself to move! The goal is to get to the toaster on the other side of the room, and to toast yourself. It's definitely not as simple as it sounds, though!"

It looks like a pretty weird game, but I'm interested in trying it out. It is in early access on Steam so this isn't the final game yet. Seems to be a challenging game, reading some of the Steam reviews.
Has anyone here tried it out? Is it worth it? Some of the YouTube comments on the video are bashing it calling it the new Goat Simulator, but I don't think this is the case at all. Seems like an entertaining game to play. I do wonder what they'll do with the plot, though. Hope it'll be complex and emotionally envolving.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
I won't be picking this up. Toast simulation games are pretty much like Madden or the Call Of Duty series, if you've played one then you've played them all.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
sounds pretty le epic

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
Do you remember how many breads you have played?

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
This sounds like a real Pain (de mie) to play :downsrim:

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Mount your friends, but with bread and an actual objective. I like it.
I hope there's a bonus for getting as much gross crap stuck to you as possible before toasting.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Needs multiplayer where you have to assemble into a sandwich.

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

Kelp Plankton posted:

Needs multiplayer where you have to assemble into a sandwich.

That's actually a pretty cool idea.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Doctor Goat posted:

Do you remember how many breads you have played?

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
i sure am glad youtube exists so a whole genre of crappy games can be made and purchased for $10 so some white guy in his 20s can make a video of himself screaming while playing it

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Robo Reagan posted:

i sure am glad youtube exists so a whole genre of crappy games can be made and purchased for $10 so some white guy in his 20s can make a video of himself screaming while playing it

I'm sorry to hear about your gluten intolerance

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.

Robo Reagan posted:

What's this? Young people having fun! Harumpf! No fun having on my watch! Get back to shooting asteroids, that's the only way to have fun, none of this bread nonsense.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Robo Reagan posted:

You obviously haven't known the true, scream-inducing horror until you've dropped a piece of buttered toast, and watched it slowly spiral to the ground.

Butter. Side. Down.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

Robo Reagan posted:

If you're into screaming white men in their twenties perhaps I could interest you in a something awful comedy posting forums account for only ten dollars!

Leper Residue posted:

What's this? Young people having fun! Harumpf! No fun having on my watch! Get back to shooting asteroids, that's the only way to have fun, none of this bread nonsense.

Yes that is literally the point of what is being said you pewdiepie subscriber.

You're both retarded for caring for one side or the other. That's basically what I'm telling you

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
im a retard because this game owns

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

THE PENETRATOR posted:

im a retard because this game owns

now you get it.

Rivethead
Feb 22, 2008

Robo Reagan posted:

These people are the loving worst.

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Here comes the third tactic.
Lipstick Apathy
Well, everything's going downhill after the JoJo's reference.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Played this a bit. I wasn't bready for the difficulty level. I might spend some hours this weekend to try clearing the first level.

Also if you get crashes try changing the graphics quality setting in the launcher. (It's built on Unity 5 which is massively unstable.)

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.

Motherfucker posted:

If you're into screaming white men in their twenties perhaps I could interest you in a something awful comedy posting forums account for only ten dollars!

Yes that is literally the point of what is being said you pewdiepie subscriber.

You're both retarded for caring for one side or the other. That's basically what I'm telling you

In a thread about bread, one dude wishes me dead.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Glad this game is being released early access. This is not at all YouTube celeb bait that will never be finished

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
I wish the low-carb thread was still around because this would be the best troll.

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree
Does anyone know where I can find the music they used in the release trailer? I know it's a modified version of Prelude 1 from the Well Tempered Clavier but no idea which performance.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Lanky Coconut Tree posted:

Does anyone know where I can find the music they used in the release trailer? I know it's a modified version of Prelude 1 from the Well Tempered Clavier but no idea which performance.

It's actually a PewDiePie video slowed down 800%.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I spent some time last night abusing the physics of this game. I think this is my best highlight.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

WeLandedOnTheMoon! posted:

I spent some time last night abusing the physics of this game. I think this is my best highlight.

That's how toast works in my apartment. I think it is to do with the angle of the building or possibly my use of elastic rubber instead of butter.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

This game has a built in .gif packager.

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

WeLandedOnTheMoon! posted:

This game has a built in .gif packager.

That's amazing. I hope they don't fix the physics glitches. That would ruin the fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Holepunchio
May 31, 2011

Big Scary Owl posted:

That's amazing. I hope they don't fix the physics glitches. That would ruin the fun.
I'm sorry but that flying glitch has got to go. Too many crumblords just floating over to get toasted instead of learning true skill butter-jelly strats. Its loving ruining the community.

• Locked thread