Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Personally, it's difficult to take Cameron seriously these days as he hasn't made a great movie since True Lies in 1994. It's easy for trailers to get the tone of the movie wrong, but watching the trailers has me a bit nervous.

Both Titanic and Avatar ae amazing films. I'm sorry your opinion sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

He is right though.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
Is TSCC canon? And is it worth a look?

f:e Summer Glau is always a good reason to watch something I guess.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Firstborn posted:

It gets pretty good. The first few episodes are kind of middling, but as soon as Garret Dillahunt appears in earnest it becomes very good. There's also a cool scene early on where the Terminator looks like Garret Dillahunt because he's like a B-Movie actor, and there's a shot of him as a phony Conan the Barbarian thing. If I'm remembering that right. Summer Glau is also pretty good in this, has some good lines, and there's a real tension between Sarah and her son's girl robot that they hang out with together all the time. Even a super awkward scene that all the goons interpreted as sex when he changes her internal battery or something. Towards the end there's a lot of really hokey religious references and stuff but you also get a fantastic new T-1000/liquid metal terminator and some great stuff about artificial intelligence. The action scenes are also pretty good if the Terminator cgi is a little bad.

E: These spoilers are fairly light and both just fun moments instead of anything resembling a plot point if you care to look at them.

So Summer Gua is there to protect him yes?

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Firstborn posted:

...and may sometimes show her bare chest or something.

I'm sold.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Phylodox posted:

Also, it makes great use of Johnny Cash.

I'm even more sold.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

david_a posted:

Hmm, are these supposed to be different punks because of timeline wankery? They didn't try to match the looks that well.

Also Brian Thompson would have maze an awesome Terminator

Isn't one of those original punks Gary Oldman?

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Rhyno posted:

Just because you feel it's a niche show doesn't mean it is. It had multiple events where episodes were shown in theaters all across the country and every screening sold out. More people watch DW than the number of people who will go see this movie.

He is also an extremely well known actor in the UK. And he is a drat good one at that despite his funny looking head.

Look at this scene, one of his best, I loved it, just look at it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4F84WapAH7M

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
Or check this with Matt Smith, and The Girl Who Waited:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BUumw7f8EQ

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
People saying there will be no sequel.... I thought they filmed all three of the new trilogy back to back.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Rhyno posted:

Like Cameron will actually ever make another T film. He's too busy making lovely movies about blue aliens.

Why do people hate on avatar? I like nothing more to sticking in the blu ray extended edition and just bask in a stories beautiful visuals for a few hours. It really is a glorious film.

I cannot wait for the sequels.

Great hearing positive reviews so far for the new terminator film, however that won't last long when the usual goons get into fights about who hates it more. Just like ask good films.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Rhyno posted:

poo poo, now I need to watch it.

You really do. It's s beautiful film, watch it on blu ray if you can.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Wade Wilson posted:

Basically Fallen Angels that taught humanity a bunch of Science and Art while Noah and Methuselah (Anthony Hopkins!) are wizards.

They end up regretting this and some of them help Noah and his family build the Ark.

Its not that they are wizards, but the are not many generations away from Adam and Eve, and still have some kind of essence of the creator within them, and they were still extremely long lived. Methuselah lives to nearly 1000 years old I believe,. Notice how Adam and Eve were shining beings when first created?

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Burkion posted:

You're getting your Arnold movies mixed up.

Sort of.

Arnold never got a minigun in the 80s, only in T2, and that was specifically stolen military stuff that Sarah had been stockpiling across the border.

All of the weapons Arnold stole in T1 from the store are pretty legit and make sense, not even that dated for nowadays outside of letting him anywhere near them without payment first. Of course he could have just killed the Clerk with his bare hands so that's not an issue.

The movie you're thinking of was Commando where Arnie stole a rocket launcher and a bunch of machine guns from a gun store that had a secret military surplus thing in the back for some dumb amazing reason.

He couldn't even get a plasma rifle in T1.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
I just saw this film, and though Clarke was the absolute wrong choice for John Connor I thought this film was a blast.

7/10

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Why was Clarke a bad choice? He was the most interesting presence in the film.

He had a huge head and a tiny mouth

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Xenomrph posted:

Is someone holding a gun to your heads and forcing you guys to watch stuff you don't like and don't want to watch? If so can you please ask them to stop? :ohdear:

Head to the Walking Dead thread, I have never seen a thread so full of hate watchers in my life.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
I love all the Terminator films especially Salvation and Genisys. I have not however yet seen TSCC.
Also, The Walking Dead is awesome I love it, and I even enjoyed Fear the Walking Dead. Escapism loving rules.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

ruddiger posted:

That's too bad. There's some really interesting stuff in there if you're actually interested in the art of storytelling and themes and pretty much the base instincts that exist in all man.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH hahahaha hahahah hahaha haha hheheehhehehehe haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Man that was a great joke post

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

ruddiger posted:

Classic atheist response.

There's nothing intellectually honest about that guys posts. They drip of desperation and denial, and end up reading like ocd ramblings of a person who needs to fit every piece of a puzzle into its exact proper place, and if it doesn't fit the exact way he wants it, he'll cut off the corners to make it fit.

There's nothing interesting about his 2+2=4 logic because movies aren't math and there's more to the art of storytelling than the same stupid c-word bullshit, but if you like hearing the same boring "hey didja know" trivia that keeps getting repeated in these threads, by all means. I personally like going into movies with a different mindset when watching something for the 182nd time.

I actually thought this was about SMG, it describes him perfectly, but on learning it was about Xeno, I'm genuinely baffeled.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

LividLiquid posted:

The older I get, the less I understand why my younger self would ever want to convince somebody that something they like is bad.

Or visa versa.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

ruddiger posted:

I'm not losing my mind, I just like being creative when insulting people on the Internet. It's more clever than just calling people cunts, you should try it sometime.

I think your just a oval office

• Locked thread