Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

terminator 3 is bad because it made firing a shotgun look really impotent when in the other 2 it was the most powerful thing ever

you go from "Get down" to arnold looking like a dumbshit in a parking lot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Sasquatch! posted:

It was set it post-apocolyptic "future war", which everyone was looking forward to seeing.

No it didn't. It was just some brown and bloom wasteland.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

LloydDobler posted:

Absolutely. Have Skynet program him with manners and a positive attitude, so he charms the poo poo out of everyone, and never wipes the smile off his face even as he's terminating the poo poo out of an entire police department.

That'd just be The Guest.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Gatts posted:

Only organic life can go back.

Unreliable narrator.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Groovelord Neato posted:

You're the guy that accepts every terrible Alien and Predator property.

If I recall correctly he was the sole guy in the aliens colonial marine thread defending that game.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Except in terminator 1 skynet was about to be destroyed by the resistance. If it could take action to increase it's chances of termination then not using the time machine at all would also count as an action.

Also wouldn't all these changes to the timeline end up changing its personality considering that nature of it's development is changed as well.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

LaughMyselfTo posted:

What the gently caress are you talking about? There's only one cut of Terminator 2 and it's 150+ minutes. :colbert:

I think that was also cut from the directors cut.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

That's from the final draft, pal.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I'm pretty sure the canon is the old and new testaments.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

david_a posted:

:drat:

As for the T-1000's applicability in the future war, plasma rifles would probably make short work of one once they spot it since it doesn't deal well with high temperatures.

Coincidentally plasma rifles also make short work of regular t-800s, and hunter-killers in general.

Also the t-1000 was killed by being submerged in continously heated molten metal it survived that truck exploding just fine.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

computer parts posted:

Masturbating over cat people is actually less shameful than masturbating over robot warfare.

Get a load of this loser.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Immortan posted:

Genisys is getting unanimously panned in early reviews.

Well of course otherwise they wouldn't have had to get james cameron to say it's good.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Grendels Dad posted:

But the guy that is actually leading the resistance already helped them win the war?

Side question, are there any stories about how the rest of the world was after Judgment Day? I guess for convenience's sake it's all a big crater and/or nuclear wasteland, but it would be kind of funny if all this future war-hubbub only affected North America with the rest of the world just kind of carrying on.

The script for terminator 2 says the entire northern hemisphere was wiped of humanity and that the majority of the soldiers in the resistance are the surviving third worlders.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

Like it's designed to be lazy when it kills anyone else? I don't buy it. Terminator 1 is NON CANON.

maybe you should ask yourself why the filmmakers made it that way?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Groovelord Neato posted:

The problem is a Terminator weighs hundreds of pounds and you can feel the metal under the skin but that's the least of that show's issues.

This is only a thing in terminator 3. In terminator 1 Arnold gets tackled and thrown around by that one guy.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Riven posted:

"I can't kill Sarah Connor."

"Neither can I."

He said he could kill Sarah the problem was Arnold had his hand on the detonator to a bomb that would have killed them both.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Are you autistic? Cause it's not that complicated why we thought it was hilarious.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

MisterBibs posted:

Genesys is getting the Dredd Effect: people aren't going to see a decent movie because the last time(s) were so bad they weren't going to plunk down money for what could be a terrible film.

But dredd was a good movie?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

CelticPredator posted:

I can't do that if they keep reminding me that the other one exists like all the time.

Actually, no, I refuse too, because the movie doesn't respect me enough to warrant me respecting it. It thinks of me as a dumb idiot who wants to see Arnold say "DAUGH ALL BEH BAAAUHK" and see T-1000's and poo poo. NO! I don't want too. I want to see new stuff! But, like....good though. With heart, and character. And something under the surface. Terminator Salvation was on the right track, but missed the rail because it lacked soul. The characters existed but they didn't mean anything to me. I didn't feel attached to them. And even that movie went over board with the homages. Here's John doing his credit card hacking thing, here's Guns n' Roses! Remember when the Terminator's foot hit the grated staircase? That poo poo should stop. And it's ruining movies for me, because it used to totally work on me and blind me from everything else.

And honestly, going back to Geynsisisis, this movie erasing T2 was like a nothing thing to me, because it never felt like a real movie. It felt like a bad fan film that some how snagged Arnie.

It's just a drat shame this movie hinders so much on the other films to a point where it's almost impossible to look at it as it's own thing.

dude you could have just typed "I have poo poo-taste" to save time.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Sandele posted:

So at the end when he was going to self terminate and John ordered him not to go, he all of sudden can disobey the order?

He learned that somethings are more important than his mission much as us humans can learn to ignore instinct. This is also the reason Skynet only built one T-1000 and has all other units set to read-only mode.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Hodgepodge posted:

This is only tangential to the Terminator series itself, but I think I figured out how to well and truly short out discussion of the physics of time travel.

Normally, we think of time travel as being essentially movement along only a fourth temporal dimension to the same point in three-dimensional space. But that isn't how space works. The Earth, the solar system, and galaxy are constantly moving. The local group of galaxies is moving at 600 kilometers per second.

I really just want an excuse to share this thought.

wow how original

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Immortan posted:

Terminator Genisys makes $27M + in China on just a Friday, fourth largest ever in that country. Projected for around a 75M weekend. http://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2015/08/23/box-office-terminator-genisys-opens-with-massive-26-6m-in-china/

For the haters of this movie:

I didn't realize sales numbers made something good.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Yvonmukluk posted:

List of positive contributions Terminator Genisys made to the franchise:
1)The soundtrack's decent enough I guess?

I don't even remember a single song from it.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

those are really terrible images for something post judgement day considering you can still tell what cities those are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Xenomrph posted:

Is someone holding a gun to your heads and forcing you guys to watch stuff you don't like and don't want to watch? If so can you please ask them to stop? :ohdear:

yes its called intellectual property laws. only one group gets to make a terminator film at a time and right now it's a bunch of retards.

• Locked thread