Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

pentyne posted:

Last month, Whole Foods revealed that it would open a line of grocery stores “geared to millennial shoppers,” with a “curated selection,” “streamlined design” and “innovative technology.”

I hate loving everything about this sentence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Wanamingo posted:

Over in Mexico, when a guy catcalls a woman, he usually calls her a sexy momma.

That's literally almost all hispanic cultures.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Wanamingo posted:

It's an entire culture of Johnny Bravos, it's crazy.

God I wish.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

Is there anything that man won't put his name on?

A presidency.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

The White Dragon posted:

olive garden didn't realize that there's a regional english language in which

boto is a filipino-derived slang for dick

Anything to get the taste of olive garden out of your mouth.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

Here's the youtube of their promotional video to make up for it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6ngM0LHxuU

It's like they totally misread those rapey mra videos of creeps forcing themselves on women. Like, the product was pretty neat but man that ad is really bad

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

bradzilla posted:

I associate TP with your posts

Oh poo poo! Get at him zedprime.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Karma Monkey posted:

Maybe advertisers have always done this and I'm just now noticing, but anyway, it seems like a lot of companies are doing this thing we're they make a mini documentary or social experiment to see what people will say and we're supposed to be surprised and/or inspired and/or moved to tears by the outcome. That's cool I guess, but I always wonder if they're entirely scripted or they just go through X number of participants to get the reactions they want. Take this one, for example. I really have trouble believing it. I just feel like it would be the kids naming pop stars and celebs and the parents saying "I just want my kids to put down the video games for 5 minutes and eat at the dinner table."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wfbY3i4FY0

So loving terrible, you know they're fake. It's scripted to high hell and kids can't act for poo poo. Put piano and cello music in the background and have middle aged white women cry for some real dumb reason

Another example
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUHQnZUDh3I&t=150s

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Lagomorphic posted:

The key word in that "blog" is Canada. We're on of the markets where they've spent a bunch of money renovating and launching trying to go more upscale. They've been running TV ads trying to play it up as a great place for young people to work as well (which is sort of true even if it's mostly because we've got decent minimum wage laws).

Here's on the TV spot they've been running:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2QyZ54Helw

I love how comments are disabled.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

jojoinnit posted:

Those chevy ads with the "real people not actors" who sound like they're repeating lines back to someone offscreen.

Yeah, I think that's one of the things that gets me a bit. Like, its very clear they're actors.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

What sad person wants another megaman game? It's a product of the past and needs to go away, same with sonic. That poo poo aint cool and good anymore.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

BattleMaster posted:

Is it spironolactone? AKA the blood pressure medication also used to suppress testosterone in some MTF transitions?

My dad was put on that and pretty quickly switched when he realized something was up, lol

When he bought the sex in the city box set and wine coolers?

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

JnnyThndrs posted:

Yeah, glue is great for sone things, but I don't use it for anything that even has the slightest chance of having to come apart again. Some of those construction adhesives are brutal.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Decrepus posted:

Cancel this stupid thing you dumb gently caress box.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

ToxicSlurpee posted:

gently caress radio.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

hyperhazard posted:

It just makes me think of that painful Chevy press release.

Another reason to loving hate chevy.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

My keyboard is better than all your keyboards combined.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Choco1980 posted:

Yes, but how does it handle goop?

It's washable so I'd imagine pretty well.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Screaming Idiot posted:

Least you know a bitch ain't one.

Nice

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Hirayuki posted:

Drooly vagina?

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

Jesus gently caress, this company is going to go out of loving business, isn't it?

Good

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Mu Zeta posted:

I looked at my Kaiser doctor's profile and he listed "Racing my Ferrari" as his favorite hobby

How'd he get his hands on your Ferrari?

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Solice Kirsk posted:

Wouldn't you be able to tell he's not drunk by speaking with him?

Dude could be suave as gently caress when drinking.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

purple death ray posted:

What about Big Pun

Get over it, he's dead.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

MrYenko posted:

He also lists "Carribean."

While still highlighting Haiti, Cuba, and the Dominican Republic.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Len posted:

I wish my fiancee would understand Papa John's is bad. It's her favorite chain pizza

:sever:

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

evobatman posted:

A low cost haircut chain thought this would be a good idea for a commercial.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S60BsERwbTA

Would he not have dicked down because of a pimple?

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

jojoinnit posted:

That's really gross guys

You've never had your pimples popped by your SO?

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Sunswipe posted:

Oh she got some bangs alright.

Nice

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Picnic Princess posted:

Get with the times old man. No one complains about food pics anymore. All we care about now is being queer, eating rear end, and wishing we were all dead.

No wonder no one retweeted it.

Nobody want's to see the grinch eat rear end, but they do wish he was dead.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

ToxicSlurpee posted:

The biggest problem is that we've trained customers to be lovely. If a customer is nasty enough usually customer service will give them something free or a big discount to get them to shut up and go away. Want to pay less for your cell phone? Just scream at the guy at the customer support line until they give you a discount. People have learned that businesses, big ones especially, reward lovely, abusive behavior. Conversely if you're nice and decent then there are companies that will deliberately try to rip you off.

Which of course just makes retail work suck even more than it already does.

Which is why I loving love working customer service for a government entity, I don't have to worry about keeping someone happy just because we need their money and I certainly don't have to really care if they ask for a supervisor. I give them the information they need and that's it, I can be as nice and as terse as I want it loving rules.

I'm nice no matter what but I don't have to have some middle manager asking me why I'm not smiling all the time.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Screaming Idiot posted:

Quiznos just became my favorite restaurant.

I heard their lobster sub is to die for.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Screaming Idiot posted:

You just became my favorite poster.

You just made me the happiest man on the planet.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Sunswipe posted:

Has Nike gone out of business yet? All those people destroying their own clothes should have destroyed Nike by now, somehow.

Apparently ever since their last ad campaign they've been breaking sales records like crazy.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

That is some excellent marketing because I really want udon now. Yes, even the number 4.

I'll give you the number 4 :heysexy:

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Captain Hygiene posted:

Oh sure, I have no issues with the actual intended use for a lot of that stuff. It's just that the manufacturers could hardly advertise it in a more laughably stupid manner if they tried.

I'm putting a produce mallet on my wedding registry

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

PT Cruiser?
More like PT loser.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

The Bloop posted:

I used to drive a Subaru. It was a very good car. I'm not a lesbian, being a guy, but I do like chicks and comfortable shoes

Your such a lesbian.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Dewgy posted:

My friend’s mom had one of these when I was growing up. Yeah it’s an ugly friggin’ car but god drat was that thing comfy.

Yeah well your friends mom was a pt loser

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Alhazred posted:

"This is how normal people wrap their presents!"

Gwyneth ain't all there in the head.