Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
Sometimes an ad is breathtakingly cynical.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

I think this is the lobby of the skyscraper beside King subway station in TO. I used to walk through it every day to the office. Joke's on loving them though, our office closed down permanently and the office rent went into raises.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

I love comics now, but when I was first starting my friends all insisted I HAD to start with Watchmen, and Planetary, and Preacher, and Other Important Literary Graphic Novels. It was like a brick wall to a casual reader.

I'm here to say gently caress that, just go to a real bookstore and pick up Chainsaw Man or Witch Hat Atelier or Delilah Dirk or Brubaker's Criminal. If you have to consult a wiki to know where to start, don't.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

Cowslips Warren posted:

I do recall a story she told me at a wildlife preserve she worked at briefly in Africa, where a young teen girl was kidnapped from her family's farm, by a group of men who wanted her to pick one of them to marry her. A small pride of lions appeared, which made the men take off for their lives, and I'm not sure if it was just the lionesses or the lion as well that made this kind of circle around the girl who was crying on the ground, but it was enough of a disturbance with the lions at the game wardens were able to rescue her. She was unharmed by the lions who pretty much left as soon as the wardens got close enough to be identified.
Despite sounding like a Fwd Fwd Fwd Re: Power of God's Love!!! grandma email, this appears to have actually happened.

Ethiopian girl reportedly guarded by lions

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

This lobster market price short from last July is looking awful prophetic.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UC3gEXZJKMM