Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

Jastiger posted:

I also know there was a lot of video game nerd rage about the newest Madden and how the marketing showed realistic reactions on the sidelines and more improved graphics, and it has absolutely none of those things in the game. I think this is relevant to this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yizJnmd5xdM

The 2k series has always been far better than Madden ever was, which between that, and the low selling point that they released the game at. $20 bucks for a brand new NFL game that was lightyears ahead of what Madden had even attempted to do, with in game "broadcasts" from ESPN, and for the longest time was the top selling American Football video game released. Shame that EA opted to buy exclusivity and let themselves stagnate instead of improving the game in any sense of the imagination.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

The White Dragon posted:

As far as I'm concerned, you can't see through the bullshit and it'll get to you somehow unless you shut it out entirely. Block your ads and mute your commercials, it's the only way to be certain 'cause you just know there's a whole subset of advertising folks who think about how to circumvent this all day. Hell, look at aggro-gator's ads.

The last two episodes of South Park have been going crazy regarding advertising taking over every facet of life, with sponsored content becoming the new wave of advertisements. As smart as we get, the ads keep coming back in different ways, no matter how many ad blockers or script killers we install.

Hell, the "recent purchases" thread is one giant advertisement chain.

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

Super Waffle posted:

I always forget Youtube ads are a thing until I go to watch something on my phone or on my parent's computer

I've got a complimentary subscription to Youtube Red since I've also got a Google Play Music subscription. Because of that I haven't seen an ad on a Youtube video on my phone since they rolled out Red. Not a bad deal, really.

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

FutonForensic posted:

I keep seeing this YouTube ad for a poo poo anime game called Sword of Chaos. They blurred out the cleavage of all the ladies so it looks like everyone is fighting with their tits hanging out :pwn:

Can't link it because the non-ad trailer doesn't have the censoring. It got me to not immediately skip the ad, so... good job?

Checked out some screenshots and yeah, the advertising it just like that of Game of War or whatever. Push it with sexy things, people will click and install the game, and then get something completely different. Same thing like all of those Iso Age of Empires knockoffs that were being spewed out, but this time more of a budget Gauntlet style game without all the fun.

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

republicant posted:

I got my first parcel from Bobcat in a Box.

A postcard sent from Oregon. Kind of lame but still a neat surprise in the mail. I'm curious to see if I'll still receive more packages if I don't pay to renew for a new month, since I've only gotten one thing so far.

you know the zip+4 completely negates blacking out your name and address, right?

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant
This is what happens when you buy something from a person who based their name off of two different lovely xkcd comics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

Phanatic posted:

I'm a bit biased against sports mascots to begin with (basically all of them except three are bad and awful), but the Philadelphia Flyers just outfuckingdid themselves:

The local reaction and memes have been good. A brewery has already started making this:

In its first day, it has shot a dude in the back with a t-shirt cannon, threatened to murder The Penguins, and re-created the Kim K champagne image.

Dude owns.