Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Snatch Duster posted:

Since Apple fired their ad agency a little while back and brought advertising in house, their sales have been flat lining across all products.

When did this happen? Their last quarter was good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Oh poo poo, I forgot about that one. How do you misinterpret a band's message so badly?

He seems like the type of guy that would consider the liberal media to be the machine.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
It's a fun* way to teach your kids about the surveillance state.

*for certain values of "fun"

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Jaramin posted:

And salt.

Sometimes passion results in a salty flavor.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Henchman of Santa posted:

Crashing into the alps is a surprise you spergs

This is what happens when you fly with a stranger in the Alps.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
Merkel can't make the trains run on time?

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

PUGGERNAUT posted:

I saw it on the Brands Saying Bae twitter and it was so baffling I had to post it here.

I don't think I've ever seen a corporation's Twitter that didn't sound like an SEO robot or a painfully out of touch dad.

Denny's is pretty good on Twitter and should contract out their social media services to other businesses.

E:

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Jastiger posted:

God drat, the midwest outside of Des Moines DOES suck when it comes to processed nonsense. Yuck. Tater tot casserole is basically a budget bomb of calories, so I get that, but that cheese stuff is yuck.

This, on the other hand is culture. :smug:

http://www.zombieburgerdm.com/

https://twitter.com/ZombieBurgerDM/status/591632719207006208/photo/1

Omaha. Taco cannon.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/7128538

:colbert:

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Postal Parcel posted:

Okay, I saw that her kids, from oldest to youngest, go Julian, Plum, Bird(ie?), and Sailor.
The first one got a normal name and the second got an unusual, but not completely out there name. Then she hits the crazy fan of names.

In what world is Plum a not completely out there name? Clue?

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Len posted:

Does Amazon using UPS Surepost count? Because holy poo poo I hate when things go Surepost. I have a PO Box so in order to get things shipped with prime I have to use my houses physical address which isn't a problem UPS delivers to me. But when it goes Surepost and switches to USPS it ends up at the PO Box. Since I'm at work the entire time people are there during the week I can't get it until Saturday which defeats the point of having Amazon Prime.

This was the most aggravating poo poo at my old apartment building. Any Sunday delivery came via USPS.

USPS has the access code to get in the front door of the building, but every single time I had something coming on Sunday I'd get a note on the front door saying "no access". What the hell.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

duckmaster posted:

On that note:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ir91dnwN1g

Advert for the Toyota Aygo in the UK, starring 'Rahat' who is apparently an 'internet prankster'. Maybe I'm just not down with the kids but do people really know enough about the YouTube channels they're subscribed to to actually be able to recognise someone like Rahat by name? Does anyone actually care that Rahat is an 'internet prankster', which is a pretty thinly veiled way of saying 'YouTube superstar'? The concept of the advert is actually a reasonably good one in that it's got a guy doing something fun which will make you associate Aygo = Fun, without actually telling you a single thing about the car. So if that's what they're aiming for that's fine, but then they stick the 'internet prankster' bit on the front as if to say "Hey guys we're cool, we know what YouTube is!".

I mean Toyotas here have always been marketed as sensible family cars for sensible people. They're Hondas for people with mortgages. They do small cars but these are considered a familys second car, or possibly a third which is given to the oldest child because the fuel economy is cheap and the insurance group is low. But this Aygo thing is marketed towards... young professionals? Hipsters? Me?!

This is on their website:

None of these people would be smiling. They'd be thinking I'm in a Toyota.

Then of course the end of the ad is "Go Fun Yourself" which is pretty obviously a play on the phrase "Go gently caress yourself". We swear a lot here and for outsiders it's very difficult to tell if we're swearing in a positive or negative way (i.e. bollocks being bad, dogs bollocks being good). Well "go gently caress yourself" is always, no matter the context, on the negative end of the spectrum.

Although maybe getting me worked up about this was all part of their plan.... :tinfoil:

I hope there's a localized version for Scotland that ends with "git tae fun".

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Krispy Kareem posted:

Taylor Swift is now the face of Chinese Democracy.

Poor Axl :(

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

carry on then posted:

Sounds like they tried and failed to riff on Apple

Well yeah, it's an Android.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

FutonForensic posted:

Welp never had a kneejerk "Kill all marketers" reaction as hard as just now.

This is the first time I've had that reaction since the tear-filled reaction to content blocking in iOS 9 a week ago.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Tracula posted:

There's a shitload of class action lawsuit commercials. The ones I remember are for some hip replacement and the gynecomastia (man tits) one as well. I could swear I saw a new one today though, can't for the life of me remember what it was.

There's a mesothelioma one I've seen roughly four thousand times.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

blugu64 posted:

Their student radio station used to be KUNT until they changed it to KNTU 10-15 years ago

I miss the weekly show that was just this on loop.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

What is she covering up

Yellow already nutted in her

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Len posted:

Ten(?) year old me thought the prowler looked cool and you'll never take that nostalgic opinion from me.

:same:

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Bogan King posted:

Mods please change my name to 💦Juice 💦Daddy💦

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Johnny Aztec posted:

Can I be a little pendant here and point out that flag is just one of the battle flags, and not THE actual flag of the Confederacy?

Sure, this is you now:

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Krispy Kareem posted:

I liked the tarter sauce commercial. It's no different than the emotional grocery store ads.

You can eat your weight in Easter chocolate. I'm talking about actual wrapped toys. I'm not a terribly religious person, but I dislike toys being given on Easter.

I'm cool with commercializing Christmas because that's a made up pagan holiday. It's this push to make Spring Christmas that I dislike.

Easter also has pagan roots.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

sweeperbravo posted:

s/he feels the enrique joke is past its prime

Lol if you don't have Enrique replace himself with a younger Enrique

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

value-brand cereal posted:

Have we yet talked about MAC joining with the Basquiat family to make a limited edition range of make up, and named some of the colors junkie and overdose?

Basquiat died of an overdose btw. Kind of tasteless and dumb imo

I didn't know Dennis Feinstein was a Basquiat. Huh.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
Speaking of bad shoe names, Umbro once named one the Zyklon.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Grassy Knowles posted:

I don't see what you're seeing; could someone explain it?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atrocities_in_the_Congo_Free_State

e: DAMMIT

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
Coulda just said Braintree, it’s even further away!

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
https://twitter.com/sheaserrano/status/960665643854024706

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
In the mid-2000s I worked for a major construction company whose main cost accounting program was still in DOS.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Mr. Flunchy posted:

I have to use a DOS program at work sometimes and I love it. It's super responsive and once you know the keyboard shortcuts you can rocket through stuff.

God knows what new, young employees make of it though.

Our DOS program locked up if you keyed through the screens too fast.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Fo3 posted:

Watching this on mute as it needs the right soundtrack.

I’m CIA (PAL)

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

oldpainless posted:

Wonderful turkey mom. It's really good but heh what about THIS (whips blanket off an easel to reveal a picture of a clown)

I think your mom would appreciate a self-portrait you gave her

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Chas McGill posted:

Mcdonalds tried to sue a man legally named Ronald MacDonald...

I too remember that episode of Always Sunny

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Soysaucebeast posted:

I saw it too so I went looking. Turns out it never happened happened and how I'm sad.

Don’t let your dreams be dreams

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
https://twitter.com/avvvvita/status/1035073931776995328?s=21

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
Florida State football tweeted this out

Yikes

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Mu Zeta posted:

Crossfit people buy body armor for workouts. Can't just do normal pull ups. You need to do kipping pull ups while wearing 30 pounds of weight!

That’s just a weighted vest, not armor.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
DUKE CANNON REMEMBERS WHEN SEXUALITY WASNT ADVERTISED AND WHAT TWO MEN DID IN A HUNTING CABIN WAS THEIR OWN drat BUSINESS

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
Curated*

*assorted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
I’m the high quality polyester.