Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah it was hundreds (out of millions) in a couple incidents at Chipotle. I wasn't defending Chipotle though just mocking goons who claim a mere glance at a Double Down would give them the bends, lupis, and hypothermia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
The main reason we keep getting ecoli breakouts in lettuce and spinach is that the field workers who are picking it are both paid by the pound and heavily encouraged to not take breaks so they poo poo in the fields where they're working.

And because they're usually both very poor and either undocumented or have close family that is undocumented, they don't report slave-like working conditions for fear of losing their only income source and/or deportation (or worse)

Enjoy your salad

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Addendum

The other primary reason for things like the Chipotle outbreaks is similar. Workers with no paid sick time coming to work when they shouldn't be for fear of losing their jobs or not making rent.

:911:

Vote as progressive as possible, people.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

jobson groeth posted:

Using minorities as to cover up the damage caused by the callousness of the capital class is a time honoured tradition and will always get more play in the media.

Frankly it's probably all of those things because the system is poo poo from top to bottom

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
The claitze is a myth

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Wheel of Fortune guy is a DEFINITELY a chud

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

hyperhazard posted:

put some effort into it.

Why should it be different from the rest of the movie

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I used to drive a Subaru. It was a very good car. I'm not a lesbian, being a guy, but I do like chicks and comfortable shoes

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Pick posted:

what the hell they remade monopoly peanut for pedophiles?

List of people who like babies:

1. Pedophiles

2. Nope, just pedophiles

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

profoundly unholy sex toys

Those must be the best kind

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Double Punctuation posted:

Uno is one of the only traditional games I know of where cheating like that is part of the rules and encouraged.

Cribbage is another

But most people wouldn't be cool with it. Having to watch scoring like a hawk is for the birds

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Lady A is a stupid non-change for them anyway because it's still implying the word, like you still think the word, so they're still saying it

As if someone made their username Nstompter88 or whatever, yeah that's still the thing

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

RoboRodent posted:

They can be anywhere!

Put them on your face

Heck, put them on MY face

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

RagnarokAngel posted:

They wanted to remove the emphasis on Donuts since people are more health conscience now. Thats kind of a fair cop.

Literally the same reason as KFC

And every breakfast cereal removing "sugar" from the name

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

IShallRiseAgain posted:

Eating those waffles will grant you immortality.

Immortal meme waffles

Next up: tubgirl gravy. Have a sip.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Well this ad campaign got taken down quickly

Not sure how anyone thought this was a good idea for a food largely targeted at the young even though the joke itself is mild chuckle worthy

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Joey Freshwater posted:

Did you talk to them when they called? I’m curious what they could possibly be calling you about, unless they were trying to upsell you.

I've had this happen to and it was a hard sell disguised as friendly help

As in "I just wanted to see if I could answer any questions for you about [product]"

Like, yeah - why the hell did you loving call me like I don't know how to click Contact Us if I have questions

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Captain Hygiene posted:

But wasn't the flavor also a big chunk of it? Like, I can drink Coke Zero because it actually tastes reasonably like Coke, but Diet Coke has always tasted like harsh metallic garbage.

same, but opposite

I like Diet Coke but not Zero literally because it tastes so much like regular coke, that's entirely the point of it

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

RagnarokAngel posted:

Yeah ask yourself why the reaction would be different!

self reflection is haram, sorry

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

sassassin posted:

US recipes are really weird. "Cups" of this and that. Intentionally obtuse.

It's not ideal but it's not obtuse at all

Those are just standardized measurements you aren't familiar with

Yes it can get hosed up by idiots compressing dry ingredients, we know

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Sir Lemming posted:

Measuring ingredients by weight has been so helpful, once I got over the initial hurdle of having to convert my favorite recipes. It's ultimately so much easier. Tare the bowl, pour stuff in, remove some if you overshot, repeat as needed. None of that awkwardness of needing 5 different measuring cups and trying to properly level them off over the open bag without spilling flour all over the place.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Captain Monkey posted:

Explain this? Reading the poll question I don't see how its written to get an intended result, and the tweeted expanation seems to fit with the question from the survey.

1. They asked Republicans if they were very very stupid about women's health issues

2. That's it, they knew exactly how it would turn out

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

CharlestheHammer posted:

So wait the gotcha here is supposed to be the results are self evident?

That’s silly

I mean I'm being coy but the results were pretty self evident

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Tired Moritz posted:

if they just specify "male astronauts", then it wouldn't be a problem...

I mean there would definitely still be a causation/correlation and/or causal direction problem, just less sexism

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

oldpainless posted:

I hope I used tangible correctly

it's the only part of that post that isn't wrong, in fact

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

thepopmonster posted:

NICHOLAS YUMNUTT

BOBSON YUMNUTT

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Saaaanta Claus is going to town

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Picnic Princess posted:

I go through so much salt now as an adult. Holy poo poo, I was missing out!

lmao same

My folks basically keep a salt shaker in their house so I can use it on thanksgiving (not this year) and it just was super frowned-upon growing up but I am like a reverse slug who lives on salt now

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Knormal posted:

Do your loved ones ever wake up with mysterious circles on their faces?

No no no

Those are the salt vampires

I'm with the reverse slugs

Totally different organization

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Platystemon posted:

Salt gets a bad reputation for hypertension, but that affects a minority of the population.

A lot of people watching their salt intake are doing so unnecessarily.

Yeah it was just old medical advice, hey we've noticed a correlation here better be careful

But we now know better. Salt is no danger to the vast majority of people unless they already have hypertension

But old habits and fears die hard

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Platystemon posted:

Has anyone demonised protein yet?

lol

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I mean this is just weird "fashion" like the 4K fried chicken shirts or whatever

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

YeahTubaMike posted:

Vistaprint has this "unregiftable" campaign going, and it seems kind of...not right? I mean, it sounds like it's promoting saddling people with gifts they don't want and creating litter.

Vistaprint is a race-to-the-bottom hot slurry of diarrhea straight from a diseased butt and you shouldn't give them any money in any case

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

1redflag posted:

Care to explain? Just curious

They're just lowest bidder lowest quality mass produced garbo that drives local print businesses under

:capitalism:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Memento posted:

We had nine adults and three children gather at Christmas and that felt weird to me, even though it's a hundred percent within current regulations (:australia:). Going to take a while to feel normal again.

i mean regulations aren't magic force fields, just a compromise with the mob

I met with my parents for an hour with a mask on and we were all still a bit nervous

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Breetai posted:

There are states in Australia that have had zero community cases for months on end. Speaking as someone who will absolutely die if I get covid, our regulations by and large have been absolutely appropriate to the situation - helped enormously by the fact that people are generally sticking to them quite well.

Oh I am pro-regulation generally but if I, in Florida (lol) thought I'd be safe just because I was legal, I'd probably be dead

I'm glad there are places taking it seriously and I wish this was one of them

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Assistant Manager Devil posted:

More obvious from its alternate title, Live Die Repeat

Or the French title, Frostman with Cheese

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

hosed up, outback

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

mlnhd posted:

Where’s the lie?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Assistant Manager Devil posted:

I'm gonna start a food ordering app service that requires mushrooms on everything.

You have my axe fork!