Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
If this is the novelization of the movie, and the movie has Michael Peņa in it, I think I might be sold.

E OMG it has Eva Longoria, Danny Trejo, and Benicio del Toro as well.

spookykid has a new favorite as of 01:05 on Jul 14, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
Ooooh the gun control hard counter. This thread is in for it.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
Straight up BLIT/Langford Basilisk that you can't look at for more than a second without losing your sanity.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

Gaius Marius posted:

The Katy Perry expansion of the Sims must be the tops for that

My coworker, after I introduced him to simlish songs, made a CD of them and put it in for the hourlong commute he and the significant other would take to work. The SO thought they were having a stroke.

The best is the Run Away With Me one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6AgO-5ebXc

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
satanic-panic marketing stuff for this page

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

The Lone Badger posted:

The earplugs of fate?

"I keep the hearing while the master is away..."

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
Chipotle manager on Friday morning:

"Who in the gently caress authorized this?"

"Uhh you did boss, you saw it on Monday. Authorized it and everything."

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
https://twitter.com/DaveScheidt/status/1600910699412090883

Not only did they hire a former cop, they posted the worst possible thing from his interview ("HE BUILT SURVEILLANCE DEVICES WITH OUR PRODUCT! ISN'T THAT COOL?!"), and then they doubled down on it and started hiding comments/blocking anyone that basically said "Umm... what the gently caress?"

E: previously mentioned doubling-down:

https://twitter.com/javidotpro/status/1600921067513466880

spookykid has a new favorite as of 14:56 on Dec 11, 2022

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
Luckily OrangePi's have gotten as good or better than the RasPi's. And they aren't going for ~$100 for a loving Zero W 2 (MSRP $18) hoarded by Chinese or American resellers. They just take a month to get to you because AliEx and customs.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

Silver Falcon posted:

People don't make it any easier not to. So much of your identify is centered around your job. I was unemployed for a long stretch of time and it just felt awkward any time I would meet someone and they'd ask me "What do you do?" Which was pretty much any time I met someone! Kinda sucked. :(

"Freelance Government Consultant"

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
All this zoo talk and not one mention of Cincinnati. Apparently Ohio has big zoo game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

Ultima66 posted:

Are there places where it's an all electronic menu but you're still ordering from a person? I've seen several Asian restaurants that just take all their orders via a touchscreen/online menu and no one ever interacts with you outside of bringing you the food. I haven't seen ads on those systems though.

That said gas stations have screens to play ads at you while you get gas now and it sucks.

often you'll se a slightly grimy or worn button on those, usually it's what mutes/cancels the ad. For the ones around here it's 2nd from the bottom on the left side of the screen.