Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Volume posted:

W Bush did that too

A more recent candidate, Romney I think? tried to use another Springsteen song and he told them to stop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

theironjef posted:

Yeah but there was some follow-up sleuthing that revealed that same person also "died" after a social media gaffe in 2018, right? Or am I falling for internet bullshit.

Yeah, and also that there's no obituaries or anything for anyone with that name back in 2018 when they first made the claim either.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Wasn’t it also Applebee’s in the infamous Battlestar Galactica soup commercial?

Edit: nope looks like that one was for crackers.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Phlegmish posted:

'Give me $10 million billion trillion then :D' is kind of a troll, but just cut your losses and move on, Jesus it's not like it's the greatest name ever

Not to mention, that's not even changing your name. It's abbreviating it. Everyone knows what the A stands for.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Phlegmish posted:

Is Lady Antebellum big in the US or something, I'm only vaguely familiar with their name and I don't even know what type of music they make. Can they reasonably be expected to have millions and millions?

They're a country band, so they're popular exclusively in the US and Alberta.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Solice Kirsk posted:

Tang. It's a Tang joke. And a pretty good Tang joke at that.

Mine was going to be better. Let's delete his post.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Phlegmish posted:

I assumed that was on purpose, it can't not be.

More spam:

A person with the extremely normal AMERICAN name of Girdaladze has cancer...maybe.

My favorite of these are the ones where they try to use an actual generic American name, but flip the given and surname because that's how they do it where the spammer is from.

So you get stuff like "I am Mr Smith Mike".

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Fruits of the sea posted:

Twitch recently took down a massive number of streams due to copyright violations with no warning. It looks like it was mostly responding to automated DMCAs. Apparently quite a few were false positives, in-game music or ancient streams from before there was any enforcement.

I actually think this is exactly the sort of solution that's needed, although "1000s" of songs isn't great. I've seen quite a few Twitch streams where the hosts have to deny music requests from viewers because they don't want the banhammer coming down on them. Or streams where they open a youtube video and quickly have to mute or close it because there's music playing :v:

E: ok Monstercat's catalogue kinda sucks.

Also it appears to be letting you buy affiliate for $5?

Or at least cut the line.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The Bloop posted:

You sound kinda Australian there, mate

Jesus gently caress, there's no need to be cruel.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's always within 3 days of a school shooting in the US.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Look, it's a convenient place for stuff you want to remember. We need to take the power back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

muscles like this! posted:

I did have one occasion where I could definitely blame the delivery driver. Mainly because they picked up my food and then five minutes later marked it as delivered when there was no way they were anywhere near my house. Not sure why they did that when it was clearly going to blow back on them.

All the food delivery apps require the driver to be within a certain GPS range of where the order was placed to mark delivered now because of stuff like that.