Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

david carmichael posted:

in three years imagine just how washed up the currently washed up fighters at 185 will be. joe riggs will have evolved from tapping out to takedowns to tapping out to clinches, karo will get tko'd by slipping after a leg kick and do the darth vader "NOOOOOOOOOOO", drew ficket will probably die of alcoholism, jt$ will probably also die of alcoholism, chris leben will probably also die of alcoholism, cody mckenzie will probably also die of alcoholism, etc

Joe Riggs has been tapping out to takedowns for 5 years now
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRNHFuNL0mc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Maybe not the biggest combo, but the the barrage of vertical elbows to the body that finished him off still make me wince.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Memento posted:

Alright, for real actual penance. Give me a terrible but decent length match to watch and I'll provide live commentary on it while drunk. I won't be able to do it until Saturday night Aus time, but I'll do it and it'll be the analysis of a dude who knows very little about MMA you can all laugh at.

:toxx: it gets done by midnight Saturday PST or I'll happily eat a ban for my dumbness.

Quarry vs Starnes

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

the hobo who shows up to the fight shaking from the dts is going to kill cm punk

Cody McKenzie isn't under contract anymore

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
does someone have a gif of the Mousasi/Santos KO from UFC 200

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I'm a computer programmer who's done two months of Starting Strength, and I can state with confidence that it is impossible to have biceps

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Le Saboteur posted:

When Mickey most likely dismantles Punk who can he possibly face next with his 3-0 professional MMA record?

They'll probably make him go on TUF if he wins

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

manyak posted:

CM Punk is really tough honestly, his training partners werent lying about that. He lasted way longer than he shouldve

I was impressed by his composure and defense for sure.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

dont even fink about it posted:

Back when it looked like Punk would fight within a year of being signed, wrestling fans were higher on him, but still doubtful because of his age. Then it dragged on and on and the hype videos as depicted featured Punk feeding his chin to sparring opponents and having horrible posture, in addition to reports of him getting whooped off-camera.

You can get good will for telling Vince McMahon to go gently caress himself, but I haven't the foggiest idea why he thought MMA was a good idea when he can't even train properly.

He "trained properly" and he looked perfectly competent in his fight, but he looked like an incredibly unathletic 40-year-old being torn up by a hot prospect half his age who'd been training twice as long as him. It doesn't matter how well you train or how much willpower you have, MMA is still a sport which requires athletic ability in order to succeed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

exploded mummy posted:

here are the instances of people using "willpower" in the thread in the past 2 years

in it, voted 5

• Locked thread