Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

SamuraiFoochs posted:

This makes more sense. I know nothing of MMA so I didn't know whether the eight fight number was any kind of binding amount or if it was more a symbolic kind of thing.

A good rule of thumb in MMA is that fighters usually get cut after 3 to 4 fight losing streak, unless you're a big draw (Dan Hardy for English fans a few years ago), an exciting fighter who's loyal (Diego Sanchez) or they'll cut you anyway is your a boring fighter with a dull personality (Jon Fitch, Yushin Okami, Jake Shields).

Don't some indie and Puro wrestlers also do MMA? I know Inoki went apeshit with shoot fights in NJPW, but don't some of the wrestlers there have MMA records. If I remember correctly, the tag team reDRagon of Ring of Honor have been in MMA bouts before. Can the UFC sign one of these guys for Punk, or would that be too carny?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

achillesforever6 posted:

Now I want to see Punk on Henry Rollin's podcast/show

His show on IFC? I thought it got cancelled.

Comedy Option: Punk trains in Roy Nelson's basement and turns into Caine from Kung Fu.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

How old is he anyway?

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Le Saboteur posted:

Oh god could punk be any more of an rear end in a top hat.

He's always been an insufferable rear end in a top hat. I blame his Straight Edge lifestyle.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

coconono posted:

why do you think he's had so many girlfriends?

Because Punk is confidence incarnate, at least to the point of having a chip on his shoulder about wrestling and about this.

That, or he has a big dick.

• Locked thread