Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
I don't understand any of this but hopefully it means UFC gets a good pay per view bump out of him once or twice before he retires.

Also he's a loving straight edge guy, I thought those weirdos died out in the 90s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
I hope Donald Cerrone makes fun of this guy for not drinking.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008

TheRationalRedditor posted:

There's so little at stake and there will be huge viewership gains for both the UFC and CM Punk, so it's a brilliant business move. Worst comes to worst, he loses badly as a 37 year old guy who isn't an MMA veteran. It couldn't possibly be more embarrassing than Kimbo vs. Houston Alexander or James Toney vs. Couture, or as torturously unwatchable as Rin Nakai's debut. Its a good, funny thing.

Somehow Kimbo Slice had a better resume than CM Punk, think about that. It's a good thing in that it should get some extra eyes on the UFC but it's really bad in the way that this guy's credentials appear to be "Friends With A Gracie" and "Fake Fought Since 18"

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
It's not something anyone should actually get upset about, it is weird though

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Rin Nakai shouldn't be in the UFC either, but I guess I'll suffer through her attempts to fight if it means she doesn't end up in some weird Saw scenario for another day.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
I'm just glad we have a new leader in Terrible Tattoos in the UFC.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008

TheRationalRedditor posted:

rumbling shirtless at someone's backyard birthday barbeque is not an employment history!!

Compared to CM Punk's resume it's looks phenomenal.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
So like does he get introduced by Bruce Buffer as CM Punk or does he go by his real name, or is his real name CM Punk? Also that's a pretty bad name.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008

Cardboard Box posted:

is Terrible Tattoos a faction or something

I don't think it counts as a faction when it's 95% of the roster

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
The guy has a pepsi tattoo.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
It was a verbal submission

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Well he has absolutely no experience or background in it so that's not too far fetched an assumption tbqh

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
I too would like to watch CM Punk get his arm broken in less than 2 minutes.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008

coconono posted:

I love Punk but he really should be thrown to the wolves because thats the best money decision. Unless he gets magically good in several months of training, UFC can only bank on 1 or 2 fights before he's no longer a draw.

Or you could you know build him up a bit by letting him beat on whatever the hell a Andy Enz or a Bubba Bush are and then get him a "big" fight after he has gotten some hair on his chest.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Bubba Bush

Do you have any heroes?
Jesus Christ, Jang Ming-Chul, Ron Paul

What was your job before you started fighting?
I managed a Vitamin World and sold supplements. Before that I managed a tax office, and was a hot-shot trucker.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
That's the type of guy he's going to fight, a man with a regional brown belt in BJJ as his greatest accomplishment, and a former manager of a vitamin store.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
The idea is that they won't tune out and will instead go to a bar/order the pay per view. Then after he beats Guilherme Vasconcelos or whoever the gently caress there's an incentive for people to buy the next PPV that he'll be on as well.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
I'm guessing his first fight is on the main card though.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
I don't think comparing Glory to the UFC is a fair comparison, like at all, on any level, ever

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
He's going to start with the ultimate nobody possible, like so much of a nobody that he doesn't have a picture or bio on the UFC website.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008

Stokes posted:

I think if he doesn't injure himself in training hardcore for 6 months and actually gets a fight in 2015, he'll surprise a lot of people in how well he does win or lose.

Okay I'm just curious as to what you have to back this feeling up or is this just one of the "I like him a whole bunch so think he'll do well" things.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
He is criminally unprepared, but the guy he'll be facing will also be criminally unprepared. However if the other dude has 1 regional bullshit mma fight under his belt that's literally an infinite amount more experience than CM Punk has

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008

britishbornandbread posted:

I suppose I'm asking if any UFC fans with no interest in WWE are excited or interested in this news OR do people feel Phil Brooks is more of a performer than a fighter with a bit of background? I'm kinda interested in level headed reaction really.

I wouldn't say I'm excited but I am really curious as to who they put him against/how much he can put together with no fighting experience/how it affects viewers and possible pay per view buys. I just hope he doesn't embarrass himself I guess, but they'll give him every opportunity to succeed by pitting him against the canniest of cans for a while.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Tom Hardy has more MMA training than CM Punk.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Joe Rogan would end CM Punk within a round

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
This guy doesn't even drink beer, mostly because he is a giant coward

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Goldie vs CM Punk would be a pretty even matchup

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
I want him on the Rogan podcast

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
CM Punk is going to be bad, the question is can he be less bad than other really bad fighters. Tune in live to UFC 186 to find out as he takes on a guy who works at a Payless shoe store

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008

cams posted:

for real, people talking about joe rogan beating cm punk in a fight is the highest point of this thread

It's completely true tho, even if you throw out the part where he's on more drugs than Mark Coleman in PRIDE he's still infinitely more experienced than a man whose resume is nonexistent.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
As he should while him and Joey Diaz laugh for days

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008

Skinty McEdger posted:

I can hear the laughter now as Punk answers "why are you straight edge?" with "My father was an abusive drunk."

In the immortal words of the hall of fame band black flag, "rise above"

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Also related "TV PARTY TONIGHT, TV PARTY TONIGHT"

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
I'm now imagining them having a sleepover at Dana's and Dana showing off his guns carved out of bibles.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
I thought I was just joking when I said his main credentials were friends with A Gracie but lmbo

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
I'll be that guy wearing jeans to the weigh-ins if necessary.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
I feel like it won't be hard to find a guy with enough power to knockout a professional wrestler with no striking or really grappling experience

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Ask Nick Newell how much he really, really needs that 2nd arm.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Cathal Pendred is way too experienced for a first fight, he's trying to talk himself into being that dude tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Can't strike, can't grapple, can't pick a training camp. I have great faith in this ending in a very humorous manner.

• Locked thread