Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
i don't know much about cm punk but a lot of people seem angry about this so whichever way it goes it'll probably be funny also the ufc is in dire need of ppv draws right now and whatever keeps my gay sport afloat i'm in favour of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

britishbornandbread posted:

I suppose I'm asking if any UFC fans with no interest in WWE are excited or interested in this news OR do people feel Phil Brooks is more of a performer than a fighter with a bit of background? I'm kinda interested in level headed reaction really.

he def seems more of a performer than a fighter so we're not that excited about it, i'm sure some casual fans who care immensely about big names are going crazy about it but i just want to watch good fighters and cm punk is almost definitely not one. but being all elitist about the sanctity of our sport seems dumb to me, everyone was making fun of actor cung le before he fought and he walked in and ko'd former champ rich franklin and had a couple of fun fights. anyone can fight, and if colton smith was allowed to fight 4 or 5 times in the ufc then by god cm punk should too.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
I believe CM Punk, as a normal human being and as an adult man, actually drinks alcohol regularly and the whole clean lifestyle thing is just a "gimmick" and part of his pro wrestling character, maybe it he just started doing it as part of an "angle" and quickly realized what kind of "pop" he was getting from the crowds and how that might be good for his "face" persona, and now look at what a "draw" he is. Pretty sure we'll be seeing him down some shots when he goes out and celebrates his first MMA win. Curious what other fans think.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

cams posted:

1900 posts in this thread i wonder if it was a good business decision for the ufc to sign cm punk

Haha yeah but actually that's the one opinion both MMA and pro-wrestling fans have shared since the beginning of the whole situation? Like did anyone here ever say it was a bad business decision? I don't think so but if they did then they're dumb as heck, feed them to the Magny beast, or to use funny pro-wrestling parlance that you might be more familiar with, let them get buried by Triple H big time :D :D

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

fat. imagine if he drank

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
he fought his own shameful cowardice and finally had a beer and hell, i'm glad. he's a man now

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
how old is this guy? he looks 60. he looks like crap.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

it's actually plausible that a random guy from the audience could possibly beat up cm punk

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Chokes McGee posted:

How the hell did we get to championship discussion? It felt kind of like the thread went:

"I dunno Punk might not be a bad fighter"
"What? He'll never even get a championship shot"
"I didn't say anything about the championship, I just said—"
"What are you TALKING about HE'S NOT CHAMPIONSHIP MATERIAL I use CAPITAL letters"

Anyway I love this whole thing because people mad :allears:

you're retarded

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Onmi posted:

Why? Do you think Bubba's wife got off on hearing Hogan poo poo talk black people? Was she masturbating furiously going "Oh God Hogan, Put those niggers down, yes tell me how much you hate black people and how you imagine them loving your daughter, I'm so close!"

maybe? people are into some hosed up stuff. i think he's innocent

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
cm punk is never going to fight, it was all a publicity stunt to get pro wrestling fans interested in mma. the guy is as fake as his straight edge gimmick, everyone knows he's a huge coke fiend

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
I just want CM Punk to have the balls, for once in his life, to drink a loving beer.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Son of Man posted:

CM Punk will beat his opponent into a coma and then poo poo triumphantly in the middle of the octagon, stomping it into the ground like the fat goth kid from the sopranos

drat thats wacky

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

I think we're all extremely mad we're gonna have to watch some pro wrestler get his rear end kicked, in a sport we're fans of cause we get to watch people get their asses kicked

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
CM Punk might win the fight, but being a former pro wrestler, he will never earn my respect.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Detroit_Dogg posted:

I wouldn't really call it a children's game either. Really that post doesn't make any sense if you think about it.

Children watch MMA, grown men watch pro-wrestling. What's not to get?

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Cavauro posted:

cm punk did fairly well. thought he was going to weather the storm after he got out of the first choke which would have allowed him to regroup. i wouldn't mind seeing the rematch down the road when both have a few more wins under their belt (assuming they don't put punk up against top level fighters again and he can get some victories)

That guy wasnt a top level fighter, he had 2 pro fights. Hes a nobody, and he still destroyed the pro-wrestler.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

manyak posted:

CM Punk is really tough honestly, his training partners werent lying about that. He lasted way longer than he shouldve

yeah

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Dan Didio posted:

Wrestling's real

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Jerusalem posted:

That slapfight was pretty sad to watch, much like CM Punk in his match with Mickey Gall.

I kinda hope UFC finishes up his contract pretty soon so I can close this thread.

If hes still a UFC fighter all CM PUNK chat should be moved to the UFC thread. no exceptions. close this thread immediately, i wanna discuss UFC fighter CM Punk in the rightful thread

• Locked thread