Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

When I think about everything Punk is doing since he left, becoming a comic book writer, being an anime, talking to people about music deals, twitter waring with hockey mascots, and now fighting in UFC... I'm sure these are things he wants to do for himself, but I can't help but wonder if it isn't that old "you can't change anything sitting on the couch," nagging at him. That maybe he wants to see if he can parley his wrestling fame into become that epic mainstream crossover star that they never allowed him to be, and if he can that maybe that will change something in WWE because they'll finally see what they passed up on and resolve not to make that mistake ever again.

Or maybe he just wants to make as much money and get as much fame as he can to piss all over them.

Or maybe it is just him doing whatever he wants. Or some combination of all three. Only punk knows I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Luigi Thirty posted:

Wasn't this literally the drill instructor scene from starship troopers

Angle (legitimately) broke the guy before's ribs so this guy decided to try his ~sick cage fighting~ and owned him super hard, then got owned super hard in retaliation for making Angle look like a dummy on national TV

Everything about that situation was retarded, up to and including the fact that Eddy, Benoit and Hardcore Holly decided to take liberties on the kid ON PAY PER VIEW in that years ROYAL loving RUMBLE in retaliation.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Jiro posted:

To be fair its loving piss water and Brock showing he has enough class to drink a Banquet beer endorsed by Sam Elliot before he goes to plow his wife Sable. What I'm saying is Budweiser is loving atrocious and Brock going on about going home to lay on his wife like an albino sack of muscle potatoes was hilarious when I watched that poo poo in a bar with everyone legit furious he won.

Cheap Pisswater bear has it's place, especially when you're not a rich weirdo recluse who can afford to only drink (alone) the fine exotic crafts you have flown in by the cask to your cabin in the Forest of Mystery. Being a douchey beer snob is a great reason to hate somebody.

I prefer Coors though.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

What, you never cracked open a bear after a hard day's work? I've beaten more bears than Daniel Bryan scrub!

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

I hope CM Punk has a good fight against someone who isn't a gag opponent and wins because I like CM Punk and I want him to be successful at this thing he wants to do. I'm sorry to the hardcore MMA fans who think CM Punk is taking somebody's spot because he's famous and the whole thing is a farce, I basically felt the same way when Brock came back to wrasslin' and he was already a wrassler so I had less good reason.

But I hope he wins anyway.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Bluedeanie posted:

Under the right circumstances I think CM Punk would beat Tron Bonne but Gambit is a bad style matchup for him imo

Yeah but he can always just use his AJ assist. We all know Gambit can't resist a pretty cheri.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Jiro posted:

And then proceed to pull out an acoustic guitar and sing a song only to viciously beat his opponent into submission with it. :v:

Ain't He Great?

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

MassRafTer posted:

He's the best wrestler in the world.

Nakamura is the best wrestler in the world, although John is way up there.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

MassRafTer posted:

Puder wanted that fight. He tanked the challenges they set up for them earlier as he had an idea what was coming (that WWE wanted to tire them out before they got to Angle.) It doesn't excuse the petty bullshit in the Rumble but he definitely wanted to get in there with Angle.

Puder's situation is interesting to me because it seems like Vince could have gone either way and saw the kid as exactly the kind of ruthless cut-throat who will do anything to be a big star and make money that he seems to want when he whines that the Millennials aren't grabbing the Brass Ring. Instead he just saw a punk going into business for himself who needed to be broken for it.

I mean, the story goes that when he had to fire Daniel Bryan he was impressed because Bryan just said that was great because it would make him a ton of money on the Indy circuit exploiting that he was too hardcore for WWE. It seems at least somewhat similar in terms of mindset.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Bubba Smith posted:

I understand CM Punk already has a lot of money from WWE but he would make a shitload of cash for his single UFC fight. Even if he gets stopped in 30 seconds which is probably what would happen, that's a million dollars for his troubles.

Like it's already going to be embarrassing and hurtful to his ego if he never fights in UFC, might as well do it once and collect a massive paycheck.

The only thing I would believe is if he does continue to get injured while training, meaning his body just seriously can not handle fighting, then he shouldn't do it.

Maybe he only wants to fight if he can do it at UFC 200 so he can be part of a big historic PPV and make the biggest possible paycheck for that one fight like Brock did at UFC 100 and everything else was just bluster related to getting him on that particular show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Punk: Your honour, I may have been at the crime scene and I may be the owner of the murder weapon and my DNA may be on the crime scene BUT WHAT DO MY KNUCKLES SAY?
Judge: Wha-
Punk: WHAT. DO. MY. KNUCKLES. SAY?
Judge: They say "I didn't do it" in what appears to be pink highlighter. Case dismissed.

"Best In The World," CM Punk hits the Go 2 Sleep on the American Justice System.

The swerve is it was already asleep :russo:

• Locked thread